Family Guy Star In Talk Show

Benji

'Family Guy' character to host talkshow

Family Guy's Stewie is to host a new late night internet talkshow.

The spinoff, due to launch later this year, will air on the show's official website and across News Corp's online portfolio, including MySpace.

"When we bought MySpace we looked at the most popular groups and Family Guy was number one so we started kicking around ideas of how we could extend it in a unique form, not just repurposing an episode but doing something different," said Ross Levinsohn, president of Fox Interactive Media.

Family Guy was revived by FOX last year for all-new episodes following a successful run in syndication.

Oh this is just too good to be true, Stewie has the perfect characteristics to do this, I'm intruiged to see how they'll go about doing it.

Hmmm...I'm wary. I never really liked the idea of Stewie becoming more of a central character, and giving him a spin-off, especially one of this nature, could be disastrous. Obviously it all depends on the writing, but I have a feeling that this won't be great.

Brian would suit this set-up more than Stewie I think. I miss maniacal Stewie that happened to be intelligent and able to speak, instead of the new bastard Stewie that talks all the time but never really gets with the killing.

Stewie is awesome, I do think Chris is horribly under-rated though.

"My name is Chris. I have to be on my best behviour tonight and not mention poo...Oh God waht have I done!"

Classic!