Playing PS2 online?

Liam

It depends on how your internet connection is set up but you definately need either a PS2 Network adaptor if you use the older style console, these retail at around £20. Or if you have a slimline PS2 then it has a network adaptor built in so you're good to go.

Now, the internet connection. If you have an external modem that takes in the wire for the internet then connects to your PC via USB or ethernet then it's simply a case of hooking up the PS2 to the modem with the ethernet cable that comes with the Network adaptor. This method though only allows you to use one at a time and you'll have to reset the modem each time you want to switch between PC/PS2.

If you use a network card in your PC though it requires a different kind of ethernet cable. It does allow the PC and PS2 to use the internet at the same time via Internet Connection Sharing. This is the method i'm not familiar with so can't be too specific.

Ok, I have a slimline PS2, so won't have to buy anything else?

And I'd have to put the ethernet cable from my PS2 to the modem itself? I have a wireless modem, but it has ports in the back, so would that allow me to use the PS2 online, but also allow others to be online at the same time?

Ok, I have a slimline PS2, so won't have to buy anything else?

And I'd have to put the ethernet cable from my PS2 to the modem itself? I have a wireless modem, but it has ports in the back, so would that allow me to use the PS2 online, but also allow others to be online at the same time?

Anyone got the answers?

Sorry for the bumpage, just don't wanna have to start another topic when this one probably sinks without a trace >_>