Grammy 2006 Thread

tristy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always shocked at how well Paul McCartney's voice has held up over all these years. It makes it easier to believe that maybe he really did die all those years ago like the rumors said, and was replaced with a robot or something.

Edited by The Grifter

If by record, they mean album, personally With Teeth was a dire album, that went from OK to poor in subsequent listens, and SOAD's albums were much better.

Record = Single

Album = ..Album

BYOB beat out The Hand That Feeds.

Sorry, I was confused by the fact that to most people, singles are called singles.

I thought you didn't like the Hand That Feeds either? I'd still take BYOB over Hand That Feeds, although that wasn't overly amazing either.

After U2 won with the worst album of 05 I stopped watching.

Have you HEARD Late Registration? It has a few good tracks but the rest are pure crap.

And to be honest, aside from the fact that U2 aren't anywhere near as good as they used to be (so you can't expect something at U2's old level of quality), there is nothing overly wrong with U2's album. It's ok, nothing special, but better than a lot of albums in 2005.

A band like U2 will always get them kinda awards on name alone. I liked the album, but just like it isn't the worst of 05 like Biggz believes, it isn't by any stretch of the imagination the best.

Is it just me, or do the Grammys have wayyy too many awards to hand out? :P

A band like U2 will always get them kinda awards on name alone. I liked the album, but just like it isn't the worst of 05 like Biggz believes, it isn't by any stretch of the imagination the best.

Is it just me, or do the Grammys have wayyy too many awards to hand out? :P

I watched it a few years ago, and thought the same, but its just like they have so many small variations on a theme.

Like, they'll have "Best Rock Performance", then "Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group", then "Best Rock Performance By A Solo Artist" and then "Best Writer Of The Best Rock Performance" or something like that.

A little OTT, but I'm sure you see my point :P