NFL Off-Season

ACCBiggz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no salary cap just about kills Baltimore in 07. We've got some players who will demand a ton and then we won't resign or have to release them. We can't pay over what the salary cap is right now because of the amount of money we actually can bring in. (We've got Washington, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh around us. We obviously need revenue sharing to survive)

Damshow, keep in mind that the NBA also had this issue last year, and the CBA negotiations were looking bleak. However, they managed to hammer out a deal before any drastic measures were taken. I'm holding out hope that the owners and players union will get something done before we need to look toward a 2008 lock-out. A lock-out will do no good, everybody loses in that situation from the players, to the owners, and more importantly the fans (the people who make these salaries possible).

Yeah and by pretty much by default this will be the highest skilled free agent group ever. As I said before I am looking forward to maybe seeing some big names in a Browns uniform next year since they got lots of money to spend and there will be alot to go after.

There are going to be a ton of FA's and not a lot of money to go around. Redskins are being forced to cut a lot of players I read in the newspaper this morning. Does anyone know which teams have the most spending money? Browns I'm assuming... but who else?

There are going to be a ton of FA's and not a lot of money to go around. Redskins are being forced to cut a lot of players I read in the newspaper this morning. Does anyone know which teams have the most spending money? Browns I'm assuming... but who else?

This is from ESPN

Under the salary cap

Team Cap status (under)

Minnesota Vikings $26.5 million

Arizona Cardinals $24.3 million

Cleveland Browns $24 million

Green Bay Packers $23.5 million

San Francisco 49ers $19.9 million

San Diego Chargers $19.6 million

Jacksonville Jaguars $16.7 million

Philadelphia Eagles $16.7 million

Baltimore Ravens $14.4 million

Detroit Lions $13.1 million

St. Louis Rams $13.1 million

Seattle Seahawks $12 million

Cincinnati Bengals $11.5 million

Buffalo Bills $11.05 million

New Orleans Saints $10.7 million

Chicago Bears $10.3 million

Houston Texans $8.3 million

New York Giants $5.8 million

New England Patriots $4 million

Dallas Cowboys $1.3 million

Denver Broncos $1 million

Over the salary cap

Team Cap status (over)

Oakland Raiders $23.5 million

Kansas City Chiefs $18.2 million

Tennessee Titans $11.6 million

Washington Redskins $14.5 million

Atlanta Falcons $9.2 million

New York Jets $8.6 million

Indianapolis Colts $6.9 million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $6.2 million

Miami Dolphins $5.7 million

Carolina Panthers $5.6 million

Pittsburgh Steelers $4.5 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

Well, Free Agency now doesn't start until Monday giving the owners and PA a weekend to work things out. I wonder how these teams already starting their mass releases are feeling?

Read up to my edited post... No one is cut now that they pushed FA back. If they strike a deal, some of those players will not be cut obviously, although some will still be cut regardless. But as of right now, it is all depending on the weekend talks.

Ah, sorry about that.

Well then. Does anyone think things get done this weekend or is it a few more wasted days? I honestly think the owners will cave (they were willing to extend talks after all) since their real issue is revenue sharing anyway.

Guest Bluesman

I fully expect the Vikings to be spending like a trophy wife with a new credit card. Zygi has to get a new stadium build to expand his riches, so he'll need to show the commitment that was, um, 'lacking' when Red was trying to get the new stadium.