TNA vs. ROH

TEOL

(OOC: A couple of notes - I plan to answer a couple of the points made in Idolized's feedback in the next couple of episodes of Impact, such as describing Moore and Helms' finisher (the Countdown) in this show, but one that I couldn't work out how to fit in anywhere was the matter of Jericho claiming there was no NWA Champion when he won the Undisputed title - I double checked my facts, and I was right. The NWA Title was held up after a match between Steve Corino and Shinya Hashimoto ended inconclusively on October 13th, 2001. Jericho won the Undisputed title on December 9th. Hashimoto beat Corino and Gary Steele on December 15th to win the title, but on December 9th, there was no champion. So technically, I was correct. *living in the smug glow of one whose knowledge of even the most useless wrestling trivia remains intact* Oh, and I fired Bentley on the spot when I saw him come out to face Lance Hoyt at Destination X wearing chaps, EXACTLY LIKE HBK... The Diamonds just got caught in the crossfire. And no, that's not a joke.)

iMPACT! (November 30th, 2006)

Impact opens with members of the ROH faction making their way to the ring, led by Jim Cornette and ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels. They’re doing a good job of the smug winners, drawing some nice heel heat. Cornette demands and receives the microphone from Jeremy Borash and declares, “On Sunday night, live on pay-per-view, the world witnessed the superior promotion in all of wrestling, Ring of Honor, come out victorious in the elimination match. We fought the best TNA had to offer, and we beat them all. We have stuck our foot in the door and forced it open, and now we’re inside TNA, there’s no way you’re ever getting rid of us again. We’re here for one reason, to take over! TNA, you claim to be the number one wrestling alternative, but in reality, you’re just a watered down version of the ‘sports entertainment’ that wrestling fans are sick of. The only true alternative that these fans have ever been given is Ring of Honor, and you couldn’t take that threat, so you killed it. But we’re still fighting! And at Genesis, we proved which company really does have the superior wrestlers. So now we’re here, and Larry Zbyszko, I want you to get out here and give us what we want. Our first demand is just this. We want your champion, Christian Cage, to put his title on the line against none other than the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels!” Decent pop for that match suggestion. “We’re willing to put our title on the line if you are. A unification match for the NWA and ROH World Titles. What do you say, Larry?”

Zbyszko comes out to the entrance ramp, not foolish enough to try entering a ring full of ROH wrestlers. “That’s what you guys want, huh? Christian Cage vs. Christopher Daniels for both World titles? Well, I’m telling you right now that I’ll be damned if an ROH wrestler challenges for the NWA World Title. See, we knew you’d ask for this, Cornette. I talked it over with the NWA Board of Directors, and we came to a decision. Christopher Daniels was indeed the sole survivor of the Elimination match at Genesis, and he does hold a pinfall victory over Christian Cage, but the final decision goes to the Board of Directors, and they are refusing to grant a World title shot to the Fallen Angel. After all, he has spent most of the year unsuccessfully trying to claim the X Division title, and he has yet to defend that ROH World title he wears around his waist. I promised these people a number one contender’s match tonight, and I have already decided the men in that match, neither of who answer to you, Cornette. But you did win the elimination match, so here’s what we’re going to do. The winner of that number one contender’s match will go on to face Christian Cage for the title at Turning Point, and the loser will get a place in a 20-man battle royal at Turning Point! Now we’ve allocated 10 spots in that match for your guys, Cornette, and we’re entering 10 guys of our own. Whoever wins, no matter which side he represents, will go on to face the NWA World Champion at Final Resolution! And may I suggest you prepare very carefully for this match, because it will be the only chance ROH has of challenging for the NWA World title.”

Cornette and Daniels are going nuts in the ring, certain that their demands were going to be met. Zbyszko continues. “Now, as for that number one contender’s match… there are two men I had in mind for it. One man took Christian Cage to his absolute limit at Genesis and, in my eyes, deserves a rematch as much as anyone, and that’s Chris Jericho. And the other is a man who I may have my personal differences with, but is a man I know is TNA through and through. A man who pinned you in the centre of that ring, Chris Daniels, and who came so close to overcoming the odds at Genesis to beat you, and that man is Raven! The winner of that match will face Christian Cage at Turning Point!” Tenay and West hype the significance of those huge announcements as we go to commercial (already?) (Rating: 67%)

ROH Tag Team Championships: Briscoe Brothers © vs. Team Canada

The opening contest on Impact this week is for the ROH Tag titles, with Bobby Roode and Eric Young representing Team Canada. Cornette makes his second appearance of the night, accompanying the Briscoes to the ring. Jay Briscoe starts out against Bobby Roode, with Jay using his speed advantage to good effect until running into a hard reverse elbow from the Canadian Enforcer. Roode goes to knock Mark from the apron, but Mark ducks and hangs Roode over the ropes. Jay plants Roode with a German suplex for two. Roode drops Jay with a powerbomb and both sides tag, with Eric Young running straight into a dropkick from Jay Briscoe. The Briscoes take Young out with a Doomsday Device, and then beat down Roode, damn near knocking him out cold with a double team Facewash/dropkick combo. They drag Roode out of the corner and plant him with a spike Jay-Driller in the centre of the ring. Jay throws Roode out of the ring while Mark grabs Eric Young’s arm, wraps it around his neck, hauls him onto his shoulders, and drops him on his head with the Cutthroat Driver! Eric Young is dead. The Briscoes successfully retain, but before they can celebrate too much, the Naturals run out and jump them from behind! The champions run for the hills while the Naturals yell at them.

Winners and STILL ROH Tag Team Champions: Briscoe Brothers (Rating: 70%)

Backstage, ‘The Franchise’ Shane Douglas is with Generation Next of Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans and Matt Sydal. “Austin Aries, you were presumably behind the attack on Team Canada and the Naturals that led to the match we just saw. Why would you do such a thing?”

“For one very simple reason: to get ahead,” Aries explains. “When Generation Next was formed back in 2004, we had one simple goal in mind, and that was to get to the top by whatever means necessary. It was through our efforts that the supposedly undefeatable Samoa Joe was dethroned. He lost the ROH World Title to me. We dominated ROH in a way that Joe never did for months. When we came to TNA, though, we were told we had to work our way up the ladder again. We were told that we had to put TNA ahead of ROH, and when we refused, we weren’t given the opportunities we had earned, that guys with our talent deserve. But you know what? ROH sold us out too. We were the best team, the strongest faction in ROH, but when the decision to invade TNA was made, who did they choose to lead the charge? Not us. Guys like Punk, Cabana and Danielson, who don’t know the lay of the land here in TNA like me and Roderick do, they were chosen ahead of us. This is our time to shine! We fought our way to the top, and if we have to do it all over again, if that’s what it takes to get back to the top of this business, then that’’s what we’ll do. We are Generation Next, and it’s time for everybody else – whether it’s TNA or ROH – to move aside.”

Roderick Strong looks like he’s about to say something, so Jack Evans wisely takes the mike and wraps things up with an “And you know this… MAN!” (Rating: 68%)

BJ Whitmer vs. Simon Diamond

Whitmer is accompanied by Jimmy Jacobs and Lacey, while Simon is now alone with the releases of the Diamonds in the Rough. Whitmer uses his strength to his advantageearly on, chopping Simon hard in the corner and hitting a snap suplex for two. Whitmer staggers Simon with a running kick to the side of the head, but runs into a side kick from Simon when he tries to follow up. The Simon Series ending in a northern lights suplex gets a near fall for Simon. Hillbilly Jesus counters an attempted backdrop with a powerbomb for two. Whitmer goes for the Wrist Clutch Exploder, but Diamond fights out and drops him with a Diamond Cutter to pick up the victory. A decent match between two very underrated technical wrestlers.

Winner: Simon Diamond (Rating: 72%)

After the match, Simon takes a microphone in the ring. “Simon has a problem! And that problem has been caused by TNA management. They took my charges, the Diamonds in the Rough, who I had been working so hard to bring to the top of this company, and they let them go. Simon says that isn’t right! But the solution to the problem is soon to arrive. You see, I have some power in this business too, and not just with regards to my skill in this ring, as I just demonstrated. If TNA is going to start causing me problems, then I’m just going to have to fight fire with fire. Very soon I will have a big surprise for all of you people! And Simon says TNA management will regret the day they messed with Simon Diamond!” (Rating: 68%)

Abyss vs. Shark Boy

Even under normal circumstances, this would be a foregone conclusion, but Abyss and James Mitchell are clearly still fuming from the loss to Sting at Genesis. Shark Boy takes it like a shark man, charging at Abyss and eating boot. A Shock Treatment ends it after about 30 seconds or so of squash. Afterwards, Abyss looks to James Mitchell, who presses the Doomsday Button. Sure enough, Abyss hauls Sharky to his feet, sends him into the ropes, and kills him dead with a huge Black Hole Slam. Abyss and James Mitchell don’t look any happier as they leave.

Winner: Abyss (Rating: 67%)

#1 Contendership: Chris Jericho vs. Raven

Hindsight being 20/20, this should have been the main event, but it’s too late for that now. Jericho is still clearly unfocused from his loss to Christian, and Raven quickly takes advantage, gaining the upper hand with a running knee to the face and a bulldog for a two count. Frustrated, Jericho rolls to the outside and wastes time jawing with the fans. Raven follows and attacks from behind, slamming Y2J spine first into the guard rail with the Russian legsweep. Back in, a turnbuckle clothesline gets two. Superkick gets two for Raven. Jericho stops the onslaught with a running enzuigiri, and both men are down. Jericho gets up first and chops Raven hard before busting out a double powerbomb for two. Jericho runs into a drop toe hold from Raven, who sets up for the Evenflow DDT, but Jericho reverses it into a bulldog. Jericho goes for the Lionsault, but Raven avoids it and rolls Jericho up… and gets the three! Furious, Jericho continues attacking Raven after the bell, dropkicking the referee and braining Raven with a vicious chair shot. He carries on smashing stuff up at ringside with the chair as we go to commercial.

Winner: Raven (Rating: 87%)

We return to see Shane Douglas backstage with the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Christian Cage. “Christian, you have only just gotten through a tough title defence against Chris Jericho at Genesis, and already a new number on contender has been named. Are you prepared for your next title defence against Raven at Turning Point?”

“Well, of course I’m prepared,” Christian tells him. “I have to stay prepared for every title defence. That’s the life a champion lives. I’ve been World Champion for over nine months now, and I’ve had to be prepared to defend this belt every single show. I think Jericho might have been a little unfocused just now, still reeling from his loss on Sunday, and I’ll admit for everything in our history and everything personal I have against him, Jericho took me to my limit on Sunday and almost walked out with this belt. There’s no doubt about it, he’s a hell of a competitor, and he would have deserved another shot. On the other hand, there’s no excuse for attacking your opponent after the bell, or attacking officials, that’s something you just don’t do in our business. Raven is a great wrestler, a tough guy, someone who has held this title before and who has earned the right to challenge for it again, and I know he’s gone through a lot to get there and I respect that. But I will not let anyone get in the way of my title run, the legacy I am establishing. At Turning Point, I will once again walk out as the NWA World Champion… because that’s…”

But before he can finish, the microphone is snatched away from him – by Christopher Daniels! “You can say whatever you want, Christian Cage,” says the Fallen Angel. “Nothing changes the simple fact that no matter who wins that title match at Turning Point, the only thing that matters is the Fallen Angel. You see, when Ring of Honor first opened its doors five years ago, I was one of three men in the very first main event. On that very first show, I declared that it was my destiny to wear the ROH Championship belt around my waist. And I fought, and I struggled, and I did everything within my power to fulfil that prophecy. It took five years of my life, and it wasn’t until the very last ROH show, but I did exactly what I said I would do. I became the ROH World Champion. Now here we are in TNA, and I have a new mission. To prove to you, to TNA, and to the world, just which World title belt says that the person who holds it truly is the best wrestler in the world. Christian Cage, you are an incredible athlete and competitor, and I respect you for that, but you have something that I need. And I will declare, right now, for the world to hear, that I will be the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. And that is the gospel… according to the Fallen Angel.” The two men stare each other down for a few seconds before Daniels walks away. (Rating: 86%)

NWA World Tag Team Titles: Shane Helms & Shannon Moore © vs. America’s Most Wanted

AMW have wasted no time invoking their rematch clause, trying to regain the belts they lost at Genesis. They start very aggressively, with much less of the scientific strategy shown at the PPV, instead simply trying to pound the champions into submission. Ignoring the tag rules, Storm and Harris brawl from the get go, pummelling both Moore and Helms with hard right hands to their respective faces. The champions regain the advantage by tossing AMW out of the ring and faking them out on the dives, allowing them to plancha over the ropes and wipe them out. Moore and Helms roll Harris back into the ring, double teaming him a double flapjack followed up with an innovative backslide/second rope legdrop combination that would have gotten the three had James Storm not broken up the count. Storm rakes Helms’ eyes while the referee is distracted trying to get Moore onto the apron, and Harris and Storm get in some double team shots on Helms. Storm hits the Swinging Noose from the turnbuckle for a two count. Helms avoids a superkick and counters with a Shining Wizard to knock Storm down, and we have a tag on both sides. Moore is a house afire, taking down Harris with leg lariats and spinning heel kicks. Moore and Helms whip both members of AMW into one another, and with them staggered in the ring, they climb the turnbuckles and hit stereo flying neckbreakers! Helms throws Storm from the ring as Moore hoists Harris up on his shoulders and hits a spinning Samoan drop while Helms neckbreakers Harris at the same time! That’s the Countdown! The ref counts three, but Gail Kim puts Harris’ foot on the ropes. The ref looked ready to restart the match, but before he can, Homicide and Low-Ki run to the ring!

Winners and STILL NWA World Tag Team Champions: Shane Helms & Shannon Moore (Rating: 77%)

The Rottweilers attack the champions until Team 3-D make their way out also to cut them off. Homicide and Low-Ki are then joined by the Havana Pitbulls who even up the numbers, and both sides brawl in the ring. AMW stay on the outside, at first looking like they’re considering joining the fray, but instead making their way to the back to fight another day. The two sides continue brawling until security separates them. (Rating: 69%)

After commercial, Sting’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring to a huge ovation! Microphone in hand, he waits for the crowd’s cheers to die down before he begins to speak. “A few weeks back, I came out here and signed my name on the contract and promised each and every one of you that if I failed to defeat Abyss, I would retire. But you people brought me through that. They said it was impossible for a guy in my condition to go one on one with a monster like Abyss in a match as brutal as a Last Man Standing match. Not only did I survive it, I won. And that leaves me with things that are more important to me than anything. Things like my pride. Things like your support, because without you fans, I never could have beaten Abyss. And most importantly, I have the right to decide my own future. I will decide when I want to retire, I won’t have that decision made for me.

“And as I think about that decision, I can’t help but feel that the end of the line for the Stinger could be coming soon. Please,” he adds, hearing the fans boo this suggestion, “please listen to what I have to say.” The fans start a ‘Please don’t go’ chant, but Sting continues regardless. “I’ve accomplished almost everything I ever wanted to in this business. I’ve been World champion 7 times, I’ve wrestled and beaten some of the very best in the world. But there comes a time where as much as I love coming out to this ring and wrestling in from of you fans, I have to think about my health, and my family.” The crowd applaud that, encouraging Sting. “I’ve put my career and my fans ahead of those things for so long, and soon it’ll be time to give back to them.

“But… there’s still one thing I’ve yet to do in wrestling. Something that I can’t retire without doing. Just like I couldn’t retire without beating Abyss, there’s something else that if I retired now, it would haunt me for the rest of my life. You see, about nine years ago I had the biggest match of my career. A match that had been a year in the making. In that match, I won the WCW World title, but it was a match mired in so much controversy that I couldn’t even enjoy that. Anyone who has followed my career, or who followed WCW, knows exactly what I’m talking about. That match has been a black mark on my career ever since, and I can’t retire without putting it right. So before I go, there’s just one thing I’m asking for. At Turning Point, I want HULK HOGAN!” The crowd’s anticipation during this speech explodes with that announcement. “TNA, I don’t care what you have to do, who you have to convince, whatever it is to get Hulk Hogan to face me one on one live on pay-per-view, but I promise, if you appreciate what I’ve done to help this company in the past year, and what I’ve accomplished in my career, you will do this one thing for me and I will ask for nothing else. Win or lose, after this match, you’ll have seen the last of the Stinger in this ring. It will be my last match. Give that to me, and I promise you, it’ll be SHOWTIME at Turning Point… for the last time.” The crowd are going wild as Impact goes off the air. (Rating: 89%)

Overall Rating: 73%

Edited by TheEvilOverlordVersion1.0

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNA News and Notes

Xplosion results (for December 2nd, 2006)

- Cassidy Riley defeated Kevin Steen in a Gut Check match with an Evenflow DDT. Steen was introduced as representing ROH, and attacked Riley after the bell in retaliation for the loss. (Rating: 60%)

- Simon Diamond cut another promo saying that he has been betrayed by TNA management and he has a surprise waiting in the near future. (Rating: 77%)

- Roderick Strong defeated Bobby Roode with a Half Nelson Backbreaker. Most of Generation Next and Team Canada were at ringside for this one, and a brawl was ignited when Strong applied the Strong Hold to Roode after the match was over. (Rating: 61%)

- Team 3-D defeated Lacey’s Angels with a 3D on BJ Whitmer. Lacey tried to interfere in the match, causing Traci to run down to ringside and prompting a catfight. (Rating: 75%)

- Nigel McGuinness cut a promo where he put himself over as a master of the European style of wrestling, and put the ROH Pure title over as the belt that determines who is the best pure wrestler in the world. (Rating: 66%)

- NWA World Television Champion Alex Shelley successfully defended against Sonjay Dutt, pinning him after a Shellshock when Prince Nana interfered. (Rating: 76%)

Overall Rating: 70%

- TNA Genesis got a 0.98 buy rate, and was attended by 11,551 fans in the Impact Zone. Many fans had to be turned away, despite provision being made to make extra space. The December PPV, Turning Point, will take place on the 17th and will take place at the Compuware Sports Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Preparations are already being made to transport the necessary camera and production equipment.

- Simon Diamond is believed to be receiving a push as a reward for his work as a manager and road agent in the last few months. He has wanted to focus more on his in-ring work for some time and it is believed he has been training extensively and may be in the best shape of his career. TNA is believed to have a big angle in store for him, possibly taking place at Turning Point.

- Hulk Hogan is expected to be brought in to face Sting at Turning Point. It will almost certainly be a one-time deal, though.

- America’s Most Wanted were originally booked to help Shane Helms, Shannon Moore and Team 3-D against the Rottweilers on Impact and so turn face, but Jeff Jarrett had the angle changed to the one seen on TV.

IPB Image

TNA iMPACT! Preview for December 7th, 2006

from www.tnawrestling.com

HULKSTER’S IN THE HOUSE

Last week on Impact, Sting threw out a challenge to the immortal Hulk Hogan to meet him at Turning Point in Sting’s final match. Hogan called up the TNA offices a couple of days after the show aired to say that he will appear on Impact this week at Universal Studios in Orlando, not far from his home in Tampa, in order to give his response. Will the Hulkster accept the challenge? What are his thoughts on the infamous match between himself and Sting back at Starrcade 1997? Find out on Impact!

In the Impact main event, NWA World Champion Christian Cage will take on ‘The Monster’ Abyss in a non-title match. Abyss’ manager, James Mitchell, demanded the match, saying that he has a surprise in store this week and guaranteeing victory for his so-called weapon of mass destruction. What is he talking about, and is Christian Cage prepared for it?

One of the biggest buzzes in the locker room at the moment is the 20-man Gauntlet for the Gold that will take place at Turning Point to determine the number one contender for the NWA World title. Several of the participants will be on hand to give their thoughts on this match, including ‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown, ‘King of the World’ Chris Jericho and ROH World champ ‘Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels. This match is a huge opportunity, as any one of the 20 entrants will get a guaranteed shot at the NWA World title.

Also, on last week’s Impact, the NWA World Tag Title match between the champions Shane Helms & Shannon Moore and America’s Most Wanted ended in some controversy. The referee seemed ready to restart the match before the Rottweilers interfered. On the other hand, it was Gail Kim who put ‘Wildcat’ Chris Harris’ foot on the rope. Larry Zbyszko has promised to make a ruling on this situation on Impact, so tune in to SpikeTV this Thursday to see all this and more on Impact!

Match listing:

Chris Sabin vs. Eric Young

Austin Aries vs. Petey Williams

The Rottweilers (Homicide & Low-Ki) vs. Rhino & Ron Killings

Bryan Danielson vs. Jeff Jarrett

Non-Title Match: Christian Cage vs. Abyss

iMPACT! (November 30th, 2006)

- Damn, good job proving my ass wrong. Lol at the reasoning for Bentley's firing and I won't be missing the Diamond's anyway so all is good.

- I knew Zbyszko wouldn't be giving Daniels a title shot that easily, he has to first endure all of what TNA can dish out in order to prove what a cancer he truly is, then he'll take the title. Make a mental note - I said it first.

- Raven and Jarrett.. Raven has to go over here.

- Wow the Briscoes just fucking BURIED Team Canada, they do look like a serious threat now, that was dominant.

- Ahhh.. Gen Next are pretty much free agents now, I'm no longer confused.

- ha ha, "Hillbilly Jesus"

- I am interested in seeing who's coming in to align with Diamond.

- Abyss is such a toughy

- Oh, its Jericho v. Raven tonight

- Raven goes over but damn it, Jericho tried to kill the Saviour of TNA

- Christian was sounding kinda bland

- Didn't see Daniels coming in there though

- Thanks for describing the Countdown, I totally get what the move is now.

- Sting is a bitch, he beats Abyss so he doesn't have to retire, then he tells them he is going to anyway. Sting v. Hogan could draw big for TNA, but its about nine years too late to fix their Starrcade Match :P

TNA News and Notes

- What is a gut check match?

- I do like that you've given more summed up results for Xplosion, its the lesser show and the focus should be on iMPACT!

- One slight suggestion would be to incorporate the rating of the Match as well as the overall rating, just so readers can see how good of a match in game the two had. That's minor though.

- Good news with TNA now moving around the country for their PPVs

Overall: Another solid update, I'm expecting to see alot more build for the Fallen Angel, and it is needed for him to be taken seriously as a threat to the NWA Title. This Gauntlet next week will really help in doing that... The absense of a good Raven promo makes me sad but Team 3-D didn't job this week so it evens out :P

(OOC: Gut Check matches are matches where debuting working wrestle for their spots on the roster (so named for TNA's Gut Check Academy, not that that place ever seems to have produced anyone ever). Since I'd just brought both guys up from development, I called it a Gut Check match so it didn't look totally pointless. I don't think they've done any since the weekly PPVs, but some memorable Gut Check matches include David Young vs. Glenn Gilberti and D-Ray 3000 vs. Abyss.)

iMPACT! (December 7th, 2006)

Chris Sabin vs. Eric Young

Opening up Impact this week is an X Division singles bout pitting the most awesome member of Team Canada against Chris Sabin. Sabin dominates to start with, getting a near fall off a high dropkick and sending Young flying out of the ring with an enzuigiri. As Team Canada gathered around Showtime, Sabin dove out onto all of them. As Sabin takes the match back into the ring, D’Amore trips him and allows Eric Young to take over. He goes up top for a flying elbow, but Sabin avoids it and Young gets to do one of his crazy sells. Cradle Shock finishes, but after Team Canada leaves, Simon Diamond runs out and attacks Sabin from behind! He beats him down, dropping him with a Simonizer and leaving him lying.

Winner: Chris Sabin (Rating: 72%)

Backstage, America’s Most Wanted are in Larry Zbyszko’s office. “Last week, we were screwed over!” Harris yells. “Moore, Helms and those damn Rottweilers, they screwed us out of our Tag title rematch! Jarrett was right, those guys are working together. You can’t stand by and watch while loyal TNA guys get cheated by ROH, Zbyszko!”

“As far as I’m concerned, Helms & Moore beat you fair and square!” Larry protests. “What’s all the fuss about?”

“Fair and square?” says Storm. “Why don’t we watch the replay, see how fair it was.”

A replay shows Helms & Moore hitting the Countdown on Harris and pinning him, with the footage edited to make it appear that Harris’ foot was on the ropes all along. It then clearly shows ‘Slick’ Mark Johnson about to restart the match before get knocked down by Homicide.

Storm continues, “You saw that as clearly as I did. The ref was about to restart the match. If those ROH guys hadn’t interfered, we’d be Tag champions again. We want the result of that match overturned, and our belts returned to us.”

Zbyszko just shakes his head. “You honestly think some doctored footage is going to fool me? I was there, idiot! I know your foot was only on the rope after the three count, Harris, and I know that it was Gail Kim who put it there. No matter what, I’m not going to just give you the belts back! But, since it was kind of suspicious the way ROH interfered in that match, I will give you one last chance. At Turning Point, you can challenge for the NWA Tag titles again, and this time, there won’t be any excuses, because there will be no disqualifications! Don’t expect to get another title shot any time soon if you lose again, though.”

“No need to even bring that up,” Harris says, smirking. “It’s as good as done already.” (Rating: 67%)

Austin Aries vs. Petey Williams

The battles between Generation Next and Team Canada continue from Xplosion, with each group’s respective leader battling it out here. Members of each faction start hanging around ringside until officials remind them that this isn’t a lumberjack match and send everyone but D’Amore to the back. Petey uses an eye rake to gain the unfair advantage, following up with a Northern Lights suplex for two. Aries fights out of a headlock, but Petey connects with the headscissors into a Russian legsweep. Petey attempts a Sharpshooter, but Aries reverses and dropkicks Petey in the corner. Aries runs and drops Petey’s neck over the ropes, and then follows up with the corkscrew splash from the apron for a near fall. Looking to finish, Aries hits the Brainbuster and goes up top. 450 Splash, forget about it.

Winner: Austin Aries (Rating: 80%)

In the back, Shane Douglas is with ‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown. “Monty Brown, at Genesis you won the TNA Hardcore Championship, defeating a man who I know first hand is as suicidal, homicidal and genocidal as they come, Sabu. You are also entering the 20-man Gauntlet for the Gold at Turning Point, can you carry your recent success over into that match?”

“Can I capitalise on my momentum? You’re damn right I can. The Alpha Male is on a roll right now, and it’s going to take me straight to that NWA World Heavyweight championship that I deserve. This battle royal is the match I’ve been waiting for. I don’t give a damn about any of these ROH guys, because whether it’s TNA or ROH, all that matters to me is that I get my title shot. So I’m going to go out there, and blast through everyone in that match until I get what’s rightfully mine. On my Serengeti, it’s kill or be killed, no matter whose side you’re on. And if anyone at all gets in the way of my path to the title, then they are going to feel… the… POOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE-uh… period!” (Rating: 85%)

The Rottweilers vs. Rhino & Ron Killings

Rhino and the Truth make their way to the ring with a purpose, as Don West claims on commentary that TNA officials are sick of the Rottweilers’ constant interference and thuggish brutality, and want them beaten. Rhino overpowers the much smaller Low-Ki with a powerslam and a huge flapjack, but the tide was turned when Rhino charged straight into a rolling Koppu kick from Ki that nearly knocked the War Machine out of his boots! Ki follows up with the cartwheel Tidal Krush in the corner, knocking Rhino out of the ring, and goes for a plancha, but Rhino catches him and drives him into the ringpost! Homicide attacks Rhino illegally, drawing the Truth in, and the match soon degenerates into a brawl. Killings hits a Scissors Kick on Ki, but can’t pin him as he’s not the legal man. Homicide drags Ki over to the Rottweilers’ corner and tags himself in, running straight into a hard spinebuster from Rhino. Rhino sets up for the Gore, but Ki pulls Homicide out of the way, sending Rhino into the turnbuckle hard. While Ki brawls with the Truth on the outside, Homicide nearly decapitates Rhino with a lariat and rolls him up, holding the tights to ensure the victory. They barely have time to celebrate when Team 3-D run in, prompting a quick exit.

Winners: The Rottweilers (Rating: 78%)

A limousine pulls up in the parking lot, and the door opens to reveal ‘King of the World’ Chris Jericho! His face displays a range of emotions from disgust through rage and contempt to rest on the usual arrogance as he arrives at the Director of Authority’s office and walks in, without even the courtesy to knock. “Jericho, you’re finally here!” Larry Zbyszko tells him, clearly annoyed. “Where the hell were you? The show started half an hour ago!”

“I don’t have a match, do I?” Jericho counters, ignoring the chair offered him until Zbyszko gives up and stands. “Which is something you have to do something about. I’ve had enough of you screwing me over, dammit! I should be NWA World champion right now, not stuck doing promo work and wasting time!”

Zbyszko looks at him incredulously. “Me screwing you over? What did I do? Christian beat you at Genesis, that’s your fault, not mine!”

“No! No it’s not my fault. I’m the greatest wrestler alive, understand? You call yourself the Living Legend, but that’s ME! So if I’m losing matches, it can’t be my fault. It’s got to be something to do with you. I can’t believe that Christian got so lucky at Genesis that he actually walked out with the belt! And you knew it would throw me off so badly that I’d lose to Raven last week and lose my chance to get another shot. I already beat Raven at Bound For Glory! You think I can’t see through your little games?”

“I didn’t have to put you in the match at all!” Larry protests, but Jericho isn’t listening.

“You’re jealous of me, Zbyszko. Don’t think I don’t know it. You don’t want my legacy to be sealed, because then everyone will know that I’m the true Living Legend, not you! So you started this little conspiracy to make sure I never got my hands on the belt that rightfully belongs to me. Well the game stops now. I will only wrestle when I choose, not when you tell me to. I will do exactly what I want, as I see fit. I don’t take orders from you any more. And there’s nothing you can do about it, because I’m too big a star for you to lose!”

“Look, if you want another title shot, you have another chance to earn one at Turning Point! I said the loser of the match between you and Raven got a place in the Gauntlet for the Gold.”

“Don’t think I’ve forgotten that, Zbyszko. I’ll see you there… but for right now, I have my own business to deal with.” (Rating: 91%)

Bryan Danielson vs. Jeff Jarrett

As the two men go to start the match, Jericho’s music hits and he makes his way to ringside. He takes a chair and sits by the announce position, apparently having decided to give some unannounced guest commentary. Danielson takes advantage of the distraction first, attacking Jarrett as he asks the referee what Jericho’s doing out here. He works over Jarrett’s arm for a bit, stomping on the elbow joint and twisting it painfully around the ring rope while reminding the referee that “I have till FIVE”. Jarrett fights his way out of an armbar, but foolishly throws a right hand that hurts his arm long enough for Danielson to wrench him back down to the canvas. The American Dragon demonstrates his technical superiority, using a hammerlock with a bridge that almost makes Jarrett tap out, but he fights to the ropes. Realising he’s going to have to think his way to victory here, Jarrett fights back slowly, with kicks to the midsection and a fairly impressive leg lariat. He chop blocks Danielson down and goes for the figure four, but Danielson counters. Jericho (who had spent the entire match up to this point making fun of both men and Larry Zbyszko on commentary) chooses this moment to attempt to enter the ring, just as Jarrett sets up the Stroke. Instead, he lets Danielson go and argues with Jericho, allow Danielson again to catch Jarrett from behind. He hooks Jarrett’s arms behind his back in a double chickenwing, forces him down to the canvas and flips over into the Cattle Mutilation. His arm already hurting, Jarrett taps out. Danielson seems as confused as everyone else as Jericho leaves.

Winner: Bryan Danielson (Rating: 79%)

Shane Douglas is backstage with ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels. “Christopher Daniels, last week you interrupted an interview with Christian Cage in order to tell him that you guarantee that you will win the NWA World title. You will be one of the ten ROH participants in the Gauntlet for the Gold at Turning Point, a match you presumably intend to win.”

“Of course I intend to win, Shane Douglas. Everyone in that match intends to win, else they wouldn’t be in it. But as I said last week, it is my destiny to wear that NWA World Heavyweight championship. If I have to beat 19 other guys in order to do it, then that’s exactly what I’ll do. Maybe it seems impossible to you, but I am the man who makes miracles happen. I don’t expect any support from my fellow ROH wrestlers either, and I don’t want it: if I can’t win this match by myself, then I don’t deserve to. No matter what I have to do, no matter who I have to go through, I will sacrifice everything I have to fulfil my destiny. I am the Devil, come to do the Devil’s work, and I will not rest until I wear that NWA World championship around my waist. The world will witness the second coming of Christopher Daniels. And that is the gospel according to the Fallen Angel.” (Rating: 94%)

Non-Title Match: NWA World Champion Christian Cage vs. Abyss

James Mitchell leads Abyss to the ring with a huge smile on his face, laughing to himself manically. Christian enters the ring with some trepidation, even more than would be expected for someone facing a 6’ 8”, 350 lbs monster. Cage plays hit and run for a bit, trying to make Abyss wear himself out while landing the occasional shot. He misjudges one attempt, though, and gets caught with a huge belly to belly suplex. As Cage tries to pull himself up, he gets squished in the corner by a charging Abyss, and thrown through the air with a huge flapjack. Abyss goozles him, but Christian fights his way out and drops him with a short backbreaker. Christian plants Abyss with a DDT and goes up top for a frog splash, but Abyss kicks the referee into the ropes, knocking him down in the process. With the referee out, Mitchell signals for Doomsday, but Christian counters the attempted Black Hole Slam into a tornado DDT! He sets up for the Unprettier, but VAMPIRO of all people runs into the ring to break it up! He hits the champion with the Nail in the Coffin and rolls out of the ring. The Black Hole Slam connects on the second try, and that’s enough to get the three.

Winner: Abyss (Rating: 77%)

James Mitchell laughs sadistically into the microphone as Abyss and Vampiro beat down Christian Cage. “I told you people, I guaranteed that my monster would defeat your pathetic champion! What you are witnessing is the rebirth of the most brutal, the most violent faction in TNA history, the New Church! And with this kind of back up, no one will be able to stand against us. We will rule TNA with an iron fist, destroying anyone who stands against -”

He quickly leaves the ring, however, as Raven charges down the entrance ramp and into the ring! He fights off both Abyss and Vampiro, planting the big monster with the Evenflow DDT! Raven and Vampiro brawl until Christian gets back up and hits the Unprettier on Vampiro. Christian and Raven shake hands in the middle of the ring, but it’s an uncertain alliance: Raven still seems more interested in the belt he challenges for at Turning Point. (Rating: 69%)

After a commercial break, Sting’s music hits as he once again makes his way to the ring to close the show. “Last week, I came out here and announced to all of you that before I finally retire, I want one final match against Hulk Hogan. I asked TNA management to do what they could to bring the Hulkster in to face me at Turning Point, and I requested that he answer my challenge here tonight. I have no idea if he’s in the building or not, I haven’t seen him in the back, but if you are here, Hogan, I’m calling you out. Sting vs. Hulk Hogan, one last time, at Turning Point. What do you say, Hulkster? Will you do this one thing for me?”

A pause for a few moments as Sting waits… and then ‘Voodoo Child’ plays over the speakers, and the crowd goes wild as Hulk Hogan himself walks out onto the stage! He heads to the ring and does the trademark poses before waiting for the crowd to quiet down enough for him to speak. Not content to allow that, the crowd start a huge ‘HOGAN’ chant that goes on for a bit, but eventually Hogan takes the microphone and says, “It feels good to be here in Orlando, brother!” The crowd cheers some more. “Sting, you want to step into the ring one last time against the Hulkster, brother? Well let me tell you, I know first hand, it’s hard to walk away from wrestling when it’s been your life like it has for guys like you and me. But if I’m the guy you want to have your last match against brother, then there’s no way I can say no to something like that! You and me at Turning Point, it’s going to be huge, brother.” The crowd go wild for the confirmation of the huge match. “But just because it’s your last match, don’t expect me to go easy on you, brother. I’ve got my own memories of that night 9 years ago, I’ve got my own legacy brother, and I will give you everything I have to make sure your last match is one people are going to remember for years, brother. So what you’ve got to ask yourself now is… whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on YOU?!” The two men stare down as the show comes to an end. (Rating: 93%)

Overall Rating: 81%

iMPACT! (December 7th, 2006)

- I wonder what Simon's beef is with Sabin?

- I can see AMW turning for some reason, which doesn't bother me as long as Helms and Moore keep the belts for a bit.

- Aries and Petey looked to have been a nice match, and for once an ROH - oh wait that's right he's a free agent.

- Decent enough promo by Monty, the poor guy just doesn't realize that he's lost in the shuffle though

- The Tag Match yelled filler, and it was as the feud between the Rottweilers and AMW progressed but Killings and Rhino deserve better.

- Jericho's new attitude reminds me of the one he had during his feud with Shelton, lets hope he doesn't start showing up late.

- Fair enough way to get Triple J to do the job to Danielson, and thanks for explaining the Cattle Mutilation. Jericho is already starting his journey into the "dark side"

- Woah didn't see Vampiro coming in at all, and come to think of it he sorta fits in with Mitchell and Abyss.

- I like that you're playing up the tension between Raven and Christian, there's seemingly a sense that Raven is trying to stay on the right path, but the belt has the power to make him do evil things. Sorta like Lord of the Rings, and um.. the Ring

- So Sing v. Hogan is confirmed, in reality this is what would prolly put TNA on the map and not the whole Invasion storyline.

Overall: Pretty good show, I'm liking what you're doing with Raven and Jericho while you're still building the newer faces of ROH (Danielson, Rottweilers) that TNA fans wouldn't know. So far your build toward Turing point has been pretty good.

TNA News and Notes

Xplosion results (for December 9th, 2006)

- Kevin Steen defeated Shark Boy with a Package Piledriver. (Rating: 66%)

- James Mitchell cut a promo for Vampiro and Abyss, saying that the New Church was going to destroy anyone in their path and leave a trail of blood behind them. (Rating: 61%)

- Vampiro defeated Cassidy Riley in a squash match with the Nail in the Coffin. Abyss and Vampiro beat down Riley after the match until Raven made the save. (Rating: 69%)

- Simon Diamond defeated Roderick Strong with the Simonizer. After the match, Chris Sabin attacked Simon in revenge for Impact. (Rating: 74%)

- Rhino cut a promo hyping his participation in the Gauntlet for the Gold at Turning Point. (Rating: 79%)

- Low-Ki defeated Shane Helms with the Ki Krusher in what was described as an awesome match by fans. Homicide and Shannon Moore were fighting on the outside, and America’s Most Wanted joined the brawl to end the show. (Rating: 83%)

Overall Rating: 73%

- Ken Shamrock, Chris Kanyon, Frankie Kazarian and Yoshihiro Tajiri were believed to be in negotiations with TNA about possibly coming into the company, but all of those men have recently signed contracts with the WWE. It is speculated that WWE are continuing their policy of signing wrestlers to prevent TNA signing them.

- Jeff & Jerry Jarrett are arranging a meeting with the NWA Board of Directors to discuss certain issues. The exact details are uncertain, but it is known that TNA wishes to tie themselves more strongly to the NWA and use them to strengthen their base as they prepare for the potential upcoming war with WWE. TNA’s developmental territory, NWA Tennessee, is owned by the Jarretts and is an NWA member.

- AJ Styles is now 100% and has fully recovered from his leg injury last month.

- Current TNA Turning Point line-up:

- Retirement Match: Sting vs. Hulk Hogan

- NWA World Heavyweight Championship: ‘Captain Charisma’ Christian Cage © vs. Raven

- 20-Man TNA vs. ROH Gauntlet for the Gold Match: Participants announced so far - TNA: 'King of the World' Chris Jericho, 'Phenomenal' AJ Styles, 'War Machine' Rhino, 'King of the Mountain' Jeff Jarrett, 'The Monster' Abyss, Ron 'The Truth' Killings, 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown - ROH: 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe, 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson, 'Straight Edge' CM Punk, 'Classic' Colt Cabana, 'Notorious 187' Homicide, Low-Ki, 'The Next' Alex Shelley

- NWA World Tag Team Championship No Disqualification Match: Shane Helms & Shannon Moore © vs. America’s Most Wanted

- Simon Diamond vs. Chris Sabin

IPB Image

TNA iMPACT! Preview for December 14th, 2006

REACHING A TURNING POINT

Last week on Impact, we saw the shocking debut of Vampiro as part of James Mitchell’s reformation of the New Church, attacking NWA World Champion Christian Cage and costing him his match with ‘The Monster’ Abyss. Raven made the save, even though he is scheduled to challenge Cage for the NWA title at Turning Point. With that match just a few days away, Christian Cage and Raven will team up to face the New Church this week on Impact! Can the two men coexist in the face of Mitchell’s new force?

Also at Turning Point this Sunday, there will be a huge 20-Man TNA vs. ROH Gauntlet for the Gold match to determine the number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. As we head into this huge match, a small preview will be available on Impact as AJ Styles, Rhino & Ron Killings of TNA take on Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe of ROH! Of course, at Turning Point there will be no alliances and no friends…

On that note, two top TNA stars got into an altercation last week, as Chris Jericho cost Jeff Jarrett a match with ROH’s Bryan Danielson. Both men will be participants in the Gauntlet for the Gold and will both be on Impact. Will Jericho explain his actions? What will Jarrett’s reaction be? Find out this Thursday!

Other huge matches for Turning Point that will be brought to the fore on Impact include the epic encounter between the legendary Sting and the immortal Hulk Hogan, as Hogan makes his views on their infamous 1997 match known; the NWA World Tag Team title match, as ‘Wildcat’ Chris Harris takes on ‘Prince of Punk’ Shannon Moore in singles action; and the just-signed match between Simon Diamond and Chris Sabin, plus more matches will be announced! So be sure to tune in to SpikeTV to see TNA Impact this Thursday!

Match listing:

Andy Douglas vs. Jay Briscoe

Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Nigel McGuinness vs. Simon Diamond

Qualification Match for Gauntlet for the Gold: Team 3-D vs. Team Canada

Chris Harris vs. Shannon Moore

AJ Styles, Rhino & Ron Killings vs. Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe

The New Church vs. Christian Cage & Raven

iMPACT! (December 14th, 2006)

Andy Douglas vs. Jay Briscoe

Crowd? Check. Pyro? Check. Welcome to Impact! We start off this week with Andy Douglas of the Naturals in singles action against Jay Briscoe, as Tenay announces on commentary that Jim Cornette has agreed to an ROH Tag Title defence for the Briscoes against the Naturals at Turning Point. Cornette himself is here to provide guest commentary, and he spends the time hyping the Briscoes as the best tag team in wrestling since the Midnight Express. Jay goes out of his way to prove the point in the ring, dominating from the start and throwing Douglas all over the ring with hard suplexes. Briscoe gets a near fall off the Crucible (Falcon Arrow), and keeps up the offence. He sets up a back body drop too early, though, and gets kicked in the face and taken down with a high knee. Douglas hits a jawbreaker and a Double Arm DDT, but Jay puts his foot on the rope. As Douglas runs the ropes, Mark Briscoe trips him from the outside, providing the necessary distraction for Jay to dropkick Douglas in the back. A Jay-Driller kills Douglas dead for the pin. The Briscoes look like they’re going to double team Andy, but Chase Stevens runs them off.

Winner: Jay Briscoe (Rating: 63%)

Simon Diamond makes his way to the ring for the next match, but before his opponents come out, “Simon has a problem… but the solution to that problem is soon to arrive!” Yes, he’s going to talk a bit first. “So I understand Chris Sabin has gone to the matchmakers here in TNA and demanded to face me at Turning Point. Kid, you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into! I know I started this, jumping you from behind last week and beating you down, but understand this. You have so much talent, you’re what, a two-time X Division champion, first Super X Cup winner, so much potential… and where are you now? At Genesis, you failed to bring the NWA World TV title back to TNA. You’re stuck in the midcard, nowhere near another X Division title shot. Simply put, Simon says you’re a diamond in the rough.

“And understand that I’ve devoted the last year to trying to help people like you elevate yourself, unlock that potential, and become a real force here in TNA. But it was just a waste of time. TNA management refused to see the potential I saw in those men, and let them go. Well, if that’s how they plan to treat me, it just so happens I have a couple of surprises up my sleeves. Chris Sabin, you are simply the stepping stone to something much greater. You are the necessary sacrifice I have chosen in order to allow the most powerful force TNA has ever seen to enter this company. And I promise, at Turning Point, it will change the landscape of TNA.” Before Simon can continue, though, Chris Sabin’s music hits, and Sabin sprints down the ramp! (Rating: 70%)

Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Nigel McGuinness vs. Simon Diamond

Sabin attacks Simon before the two ROH competitors reach the ring. Nigel is content to hang back and let them go at it, while Jay Lethal joins the fray attacking both men. Lethal lays out Simon with a jumping leg lariat and tags out to Nigel, as we’re apparently going by four corners rules here, in traditional X Division fashion. Nigel and Simon start a nice pure wrestling exchange won by Nigel, who drops Diamond with the Guvnor’s Crumpet for a near fall. Simon tags in Sabin, who immediately turns and punches him off the apron, but that allows Nigel to gain control with an armlock takeover. Nigel tags in Lethal, who springboards in and drops Sabin with a flying DDT for a quick two count. Lethal ties up Sabin’s legs and lifts him in a modified surfboard, almost gaining the submission until Simon tagged himself in off Lethal and put the boots to both men. Simon takes Sabin over with the Simon Series into a Northern Lights suplex with a bridge broken up by McGuinness. Nigel takes Simon down with a European uppercut, drags him to his corner and tags himself in, only to meet a spinning heel kick from Sabin. Sabin and Simon go at it while Nigel low-bridges Lethal over the top. Sabin goes up top, but Simon catches him up there and goes for the superplex. Nigel shoves Simon off the ropes, though, and hits the Tower of London on Sabin! That gets the three count.

Winner: Nigel McGuinness (Rating: 73%)

Qualification Match for Gauntlet for the Gold: Team 3-D vs. Team Canada

Tenay and West put over the fact that the winners of this match will get two of the remaining TNA spots in the Gauntlet for the Gold on Sunday. Brother Ray and Bobby Roode start out, exchanging punches in the centre of the ring. BRD gets the best of that exchange, and takes Roode down with a big flapjack. Roode tags in Eric Young, but Brother Ray deals out bionic elbows to both men. The Canadians gain the advantage when D’Amore distracts the referee and Young scores a low blow. Young hits a backbreaker and goes up for a flying elbow, but Devon shoves him off the top rope. Brother Devon tags in and takes out both members of Team Canada with a flying shoulderblock, but as he pounds away on Eric Young in the corner, Roode nails him from behind with the Northern Lariat. Roode hits Brother Ray with a hard neckbreaker and goes for a powerbomb, but Ray fights out of it. On the outside of the ring, Eric Young gets jumped by Austin Aries and Roderick Strong! 3D on Roode finishes the match, but when Team 3-D realise what’s happening, they chase Generation Next away.

Winners: Team 3-D (Rating: 72%)

Backstage, ‘The Franchise’ Shane Douglas is with the Second City Saints of CM Punk & Colt Cabana. “As we have just seen, the tag teams of TNA and ROH are engaged in constant warfare as of late, and I have just been informed that Generation Next will face Team Canada in a six man tag match at Turning Point as a result of that. I’m here with one of ROH’s top tag teams, the Second City Saints, who will both be in the Gauntlet for the Gold match.”

Punk goes to speak, but Cabana interrupts him. “I know, I can’t believe it! I’m so excited! The chance to get a shot at the NWA World championship, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime, and no matter which one of us wins, it’s going to be party time in Chicago after Turning Point, and party time at the Copa… Copacabana…”

He starts singing his own entrance music until Punk cuts him off. “Listen, man, this is serious! We’ve got to win this match for ROH. If we don’t win, these TNA assholes have already won. Can’t you focus for just one match?”

“Oh come on, Punker! Can’t you lighten up for just one match? Good times, great memories, remember that? CM Punk, my friend, my brother, can’t you stick with me this one time?” Punk shakes his head, and Cabana wanders off, still singing to himself. Punk takes the microphone for himself.

“Anyway, I don’t give a damn what Christopher Daniels has to say. He’s never beaten me. I’m the one who deserves to bring the NWA World title to Ring of Honor. Why? Because I’m better than each and every one of the competitors in that match. I do not poison my body with alcohol, or steroids, or all these other drugs that you people insist on using. You fans come to these arenas and get drunk, and it sickens me. Because I’m Straight Edge, and that makes me better than you.” (Rating: 81%)

Chris Harris vs. Shannon Moore

Both men make their way to the ring with their respective tag team partners, the tension clearly running high going into their No Disqualification Match on Sunday. Shannon Moore increases the pace in the early going, taking Harris down with a satellite headscissors. A springboard crossbody gets two for Moore. Harris gains control off a spear that almost finishes the match there and then, but Moore gets the shoulder up. Harris ties Moore up in the tree of woe and distracts the referee while Storm chokes Moore, with Harris following up with hard shots to the body. They seem to get confused in the middle of the ring for a bit, but the upshot is Shannon hitting the Wildcat with the Bottom’s Up for a double knockdown. Moore goes up for the Halo corkscrew moonsault, but dives out onto Storm instead! Moore goes for another springboard crossbody on Harris, but gets caught and hit with the Catatonic for the three count.

Winner: Chris Harris (Rating: 69%)

Backstage, Shane Douglas stands by with Raven. “Raven, it’s been a long time since you had a chance to win the NWA World Heavyweight championship, but you get a second chance this Sunday when you challenge Christian Cage. However, tonight you have to team with him to take on the New Church. Can you two coexist as a tag team?”

Raven seems to be considering before answering. “It’s difficult to know for certain. You see, I came out here not too long ago, and said that I would be TNA’s saviour in the war with ROH, as long as I got what I wanted. I made my demands clear. A match with Jeff Jarrett, and a match for the NWA World Heavyweight championship. Only then will my destiny be fulfilled. But you know, it’s becoming more and more difficult to decide exactly what to do. I’m finding myself being drawn into conflicts within TNA so much that for me personally, ROH is having to be left on the backburner. My battles with men like Jarrett, Chris Jericho and the New Church are becoming of greater concern than stopping ROH from taking this company over. And I realise that I have to get my priorities in order.

“It all depends on this one match at Turning Point, what could be the most important match of my career. To finally achieve my destiny once again, to wear that NWA World Heavyweight championship around my waist once again, is the most important thing in the world to me. So if I defeat Christian Cage, all will be well. But if I can’t… that’s not a possibility I even want to entertain. Because if that happens, you will see your worst nightmares unleashed once more. The most vicious, violent, sadistic wrestler in the world today, a human cancer who will destroy everything in his path. That side of me wants to leave Christian Cage to get mauled by Abyss and Vampiro tonight, knowing that it will make victory at Turning Point so much easier. But I won’t give in to that. I am willing to martyr myself for the good of us all, to destroy ROH… and to redeem myself. Quoth the Raven, nevermore.” (Rating: 85%)

AJ Styles, Rhino & Ron Killings vs. Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe

A big six man tag match leading into the Gauntlet for the Gold pits three of TNA’s best against three of ROH’s best. The X Division Champion AJ Styles starts out against Samoa Joe, with the look on Joe’s face making it clear that he still wants to destroy Styles for handing him his first (and second) pinfall loss in TNA. They stare each other down briefly before Joe unloads on AJ with hard chops, kicks, slaps, and every other kind of strike he can think of. Styles fights back with an enzuigiri and a high dropkick that staggers the big man. Styles runs into the STJoe, though, and Joe tags in the American Dragon. Danielson ties Styles up in a painful Mexican surfboard, breaking the hold when the referee started counting his shoulders down. AJ hits a Pele kick out of nowhere and tags in Rhino, who beats down Danielson and hits a hard spinebuster. A belly to belly suplex gets two for the War Machine. Danielson kicks Rhino away and tags in Joe, who smashes Rhino with a running knee strike and facewashes him in the corner. Joe sets up a German suplex, but Rhino counters into one of his own! Tag to the Truth, who takes down Joe with a running leg lariat and manages to get him up for a suplex. Joe nails a running single leg dropkick before tagging in Chris Daniels, who hits an STO and the Best Moonsault Ever for two. Rhino charges in and gets caught with a leg lariat, as the match starts to break down. Joe and Rhino battle it out while Styles tosses Danielson over the top and hits a somersault senton onto him. Joe sends Rhino out to join them before leaping over the ropes himself with a corkscrew plancha, wiping everyone out. In the ring, Killings staggers Daniels with a modified jawbreaker and goes up top, but the Fallen Angel catches him up there with a palm strike and hits the Fall From Grace. Daniels goes to plancha Styles, but accidentally hits Joe instead! As Daniels and Joe argue on the outside, Danielson tries to airplane spins Styles, but the Truth breaks it up. Rhino attacks Joe and Daniels while AJ finishes Danielson with the Styles Clash in the ring.

Winners: AJ Styles, Rhino & Ron Killings (Rating: 84%)

In the parking lot, Jeff Jarrett seems to be waiting for something. As Tenay mentions that he’s apparently been there all evening, a limousine pulls up and Chris Jericho gets out of it (again)! Jarrett immediately heads over to confront him, saying, “Hey Jericho! What the hell was that about last week? You cost me a match against Bryan Danielson!”

Jericho looks at him blankly. “Who?”

“From ROH, you idiot! What the hell are you thinking, huh? This is a war, we can’t afford for you to screw everything up for your petty personal vendettas! Understand that if things carry on like this, a line in the sand is going to be drawn. You’ll either be with us, or against us. You think I don’t know TNA management’s faults? They’ve been trying to screw me over for years. But we’ve got to stay united against this threat. Understand?”

Jericho glares at him and tells him, “I don’t follow your orders like everyone else around here seems to.” He then gets back in the limo and tells the driver to head back, despite Jarrett’s protests. (Rating: 81%)

Shane Douglas is backstage with the immortal Hulk Hogan. “Hulk Hogan, you will wrestle here in TNA for one night only at the Turning Point PPV spectacular this Sunday. What are your thoughts on facing Sting in his final match?”

“Well brother, you know that me and Sting have had many wars in the past. you know that when I was leading the now, Sting was one of my biggest enemies, brother. I’m willing to admit I made mistakes in the past, and the way that our match back then ended was just wrong. And the worst part of it was that we never really got to find out who the better man was, brother. So when I heard Sting wanted to face me again, well brother, I was only too happy to answer his challenge. But there’s no way I’m going to allow him to win that match, brother. I had a point to prove back then and I still do now, that Hulk Hogan is the greatest wrestler of all time! I can’t allow a guy like Sting, who’s accomplished so much in this business, to retire without the people knowing once and for all who the better man is. I’m not going to allow something like that left on my legacy, I don’t want anyone saying there could be anyone in the business better than Hulk Hogan. So Sting, you better say your prayers, you better take your vitamins, and you had better ask yourself… whatcha gonna do, when Hulkamania runs wild on YOU?!” (Rating: 99%)

The New Church vs. Christian Cage & Raven

Our main event sees Christian and Raven take on the New Church. Tenay and West speculate as to whether Raven values his hatred of the New Church above is need for the NWA World title, with Tenay bringing up the Hangman’s Horror match between Raven and Vampiro back in the weekly PPV era. Those two men start this match, slugging it out with West yelling that it’s clear the hatred still exists between them. Raven drives Vampiro into the corner and follows up with a hard clothesline for a two count. Christian calls for a tag, but Raven ignores him, instead hitting a bulldog. Raven runs into a side slam from Vampiro, who tags in Abyss. Abyss charges Raven in the corner, crushing him against the turnbuckles, and drops him with a huge flapjack. An overhead belly to belly suplex gets two for Abyss. Vampiro tags in and continues the beatdown with a hard powerbomb for two. Raven finally manages to fight back with a superkick out of the corner, and both men are down. Tag both sides, and Cage meets Abyss’ charge with a dropkick and takes him down with a falling reverse DDT. Christian beats down Abyss as best as he can, but the big man boots him in the face. Christian lifts Abyss over the top rope, avoids a clothesline from Vampiro and goes for the Unprettier, but Vampiro fights out. Christian avoids a charge that knocks Abyss off the apron and he takes down Vampiro with a backbreaker. Raven tags himself in to Christian’s obvious annoyance, especially when he walks straight into the Nail in the Coffin! Christian breaks the count, so Vampiro clotheslines him over the top. That allows Raven to hit the Evenflow and score the victory. Raven and Christian stare each other down over the title belt as Impact goes off the air.

Winners: Christian Cage & Raven (Rating: 79%)

Overall Rating: 77%

iMPACT! (December 14th, 2006)

- I laughed when I heard Cornette said the Briscoes were the best team since the Midnight Express, that kidder him.

- I'm really digging Simon's mic time, loved how he mentioned he'd been building up guys but TNA didn't see their potential and let them go. I'm very interested in who he will be bringing in.

- Nigel shoving Simon out of the way and finishing Sabin off himself was classic.

- Team 3D don't job, and don't get beaten down by the Rottweilers, it's a miracle! Nice to see the Duds pinkin' up a win.

- I see Punk becomming disgruntled with his position in ROH over the next coming months.

- Harris getting the win before the big PPV has me hoping it means Moore and Helms get the "W" on Sunday.

- Raven's inner struggle that I picked up on last week is def. there.

- Daniels has to win G4tG

- Jericho is going to turn, or this is all a ruse for ROH to get on his side and then BAM!

- Sting IS gonna beat Hogan mark my words

- The New Church sorta looked weak in that match, but then again they weren't the focus and it is good to see that Raven and Christian didn't come to blows. TNA still looks strong.

Overall: Your build toward Turning point has been really good, I'll wait until you post the full line up for the event before I give my predictions. I WILL be tuning in for the PPV.

Edited by Idolized

TNA News and Notes

Xplosion results (for December 16th, 2006)

- Sonjay Dutt defeated Jimmy Rave with the Hindu Press. Afterwards, an angry Prince Nana ordered Alex Shelley to beat down Dutt. (Rating: 76%)

- Chris Sabin cut a promo hyping his match with Simon Diamond at Turning Point. (Rating: 64%)

- Shark Boy defeated Nigel McGuinness with a surprise roll-up in a non-title match. Nigel was clearly angry after the match and chased Sharky to the back. (Rating: 65%)

- Vampiro defeated Jay Lethal with the Nail in the Coffin due to interference from James Mitchell. (Rating: 72%)

- Nigel McGuinness cut a promo challenging Shark Boy to face him in a Pure Title match at Turning Point. (Rating: 62%)

- Team Canada (Bobby Roode & Eric Young) defeated Generation Next (Roderick Strong & Jack Evans) when Petey Williams nailed Roderick Strong with the hockey stick. Austin Aries fought him off to end the show. (Rating: 67%)

Overall Rating: 67%

- TNA Turning Point is this Sunday live on pay-per-view. Backstage management is in turmoil right now as the exact plans for the show are still uncertain, and some match finishes have yet to be decided.

- Traci Brooks won the NWA World Women’s title last night from LuFisto in a match in British Columbia. There is talk of her bringing the title to TNA and defending it on television, although at this point it’s only speculation.

Full TNA Turning Point Preview (from www.tnawrestling.com)

IPB Image

Retirement Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting

In a huge main event, you will see Sting's last professional match before he retires, as well as a one time only in ring appearance by the immortal Hulk Hogan live at Turning Point! Sting requested that Hulk Hogan be his last ever opponent before h returns to retirement in order to settle an issue between the men that has lasted over nine years. Hogan, for his part, wants to continue to prove that he really is the greatest wrestler of all time. There is only one place where you will be able to see these two legends face each other, and it's live on TNA pay-per-view!

IPB Image

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Christian Cage © vs. Raven

Since making his return to TNA earlier this year, Raven has been on a mission to regain the title that has eluded him since Jeff Jarrett won it from him under questionable circumstances back in 2005. Raven finally earned his rematch over a year later by defeating Chris Jericho on Impact, and claims that it is his destiny to once again be NWA World Champion. Recently his motivation has been put into question by wars with ROH and the reformed New Church. The opponent he has to worry about at Turning Point, however, is Christian Cage, who has already been champion for most of the year and shows no signs of slowing down. Can Christian keep up his momentum, or will TNA's self-proclaimed saviour wear the belt that determines TNA's champion once again?

IPB Image

20-Man TNA vs. ROH Gauntlet for the Gold Match for the No. 1 Contendership to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Participants: 'The Monster' Abyss, 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles, 'The Next' Alex Shelley, Brother Devon, Brother Ray, 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson, 'King of the World' Chris Jericho, 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, 'Straight Edge' CM Punk, 'Classic' Colt Cabana, 'Redneck Messiah' James Gibson, Jimmy Yang, 'King of the Mountain' Jeff Jarrett, 'Notorious 187' Homicide, Low-Ki, 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown, 'The War Machine' Rhino, Ron 'The Truth' Killings, 'Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal' Sabu, 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe

10 men from TNA and 10 men from ROH will have the opportunity to jump to the front of the queue for a shot at the NWA World Championship. For many ROH wrestlers, this may be the closest they ever get to receiving a title shot, if Director of Authority Larry Zbyszko's comments are any indication. Everyone wants the shot at the gold, so don't expect any teamwork or alliances in this battle.

IPB Image

No Disqualification Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championships

America's Most Wanted vs. 'Prince of Punk' Shannon Moore & 'Sugar' Shane Helms ©

Shannon Moore and Shane Helms upset the dominant America's Most Wanted last month at Genesis to win the NWA World Tag Team Championships, and successfully retained those titles in somewhat controversial fashion a few days afterwards on Impact. AMW have demanded one more shot at the gold, this time with no disqualifications. With questions of loyalty to TNA hanging over the heads of both teams, all four men have something to prove. These men have been fighting constantly for weeks now, and it all comes to a head at Turning Point.

IPB Image

Simon Diamond vs. Chris Sabin

Angered over the loss of his charges David Young and Elix Skipper, Simon Diamond has recently gone on something of a rampage, attacking Chris Sabin and making evasive comments about some sort of surprise he plans to unleash on TNA. The exact nature of this surprise is still unclear, but Diamond has made it clear that he cares nothing for 'diamonds in the rough' like Sabin any more, and is only looking out for himself. Whatever it is, it could be terrible for the rest of the TNA roster. Can Sabin nip it in the bud by defeating Simon at Turning Point?

IPB Image

ROH Tag Team Championships

Briscoe Brothers © vs. The Naturals

ROH Tag Team Champions the Briscoe Brothers appear to be the chosen favourites of Commissioner Jim Cornette himself, and he feels they are the tip of a new tag team wrestling wave that is bringing his favoured form of wrestling to the forefront. As such the Briscoes have torn through TNA teams like Team Canada, but the Naturals are refusing to accept defeat to them. Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens will get their chance to dethrone the champions at Turning Point, but will the Briscoes live up to Cornette's hype with the pressure on?

IPB Image

Team Canada vs. Generation Next

A self-serving group of arrogant youngsters, Generation Next have forsaken allegience to either TNA or ROH, instead preferring to look out only for themselves. They have attacked a number of TNA teams in recent weeks, most notably members of Team Canada, resulting in a number of singles and tag matches between members of the two factions. They'll have a chance to settle those differences in a six man tag match at Turning Point.

IPB Image

ROH Pure Wrestling Championship

Shark Boy vs. Nigel McGuinness ©

In an upset on Xplosion this week, ROH Pure Wrestling champion Nigel McGuinness was pinned by one of TNA's most popular wrestlers, Shark Boy, in a non-title match. A furious McGuinness immediately demanded a rematch at Turning Point, offering to put his title on the line to get it. The cocky Brit has claimed that no one can beat him under pure wrestling rules, and that he will destroy Shark Boy in front of the world. Clearly McGuinness doesn't take his challenger seriously due to his somewhat ridiculous ring attire, but Sharky has years of experience working in organisations such as WCW. On the other hand, there is truth to Nigel's claims, as no one yet has managed to take his title from him.

Preshow X Division Four Way: Jay Lethal vs. 'The Crown Jewel' Jimmy Rave vs. 'Original Playa from the Himalaya' Sonjay Dutt vs. Vampiro

As a result of the continuing conflict between TNA and ROH, another X Division four way has been signed for Turning Point, featuring two top stars from each promotion. ROH has selected the young up-and-comer Jay Lethal for who one big win could be enough to propel him up the ranks in a big way, and the arrogant Crown Jewel of Prince Nana's Embassy, Jimmy Rave. TNA has selected the high-flying sensation Sonjay Dutt who was narrowly unsuccessful in last month's X Division match losing to Petey Williams of Team Canada, and the newest member of James Mitchell's New Church, the mysterious Vampiro. There can only be one winner, find out who it is during the thirty minute free countdown to Turning Point!

I've read every word thus far so without further adu my predictions for Turning Point...

Retirement Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting

I just don't see Sting losing on his way out the door, especially when from the beginning this has been a one time deal for Hogan. It's Sting's last match, let him go with the "W" and some retribution for Starrcade '97

In a way I think it would be more interesting if Raven lost and his inner struggle to walk the righteous path was played a bit more, and Christian has been dominant to say the least over the year. I just don't see him hanging onto it, and if Raven is the saviour of TNA, why not wear the top title?

20-Man TNA vs. ROH Gauntlet for the Gold Match for the No. 1 Contendership to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Winner: Christopher Daniels

This should be the match of the night by far, and I feel sorry for you having to write it :P The Fallen Angel HAS to come out on top here in order to gain his shot at the gold because if he doesn't, he'll never get one. I'm expecting that Punk's allegiance with ROH and his want to be the best in the stable are going clash with the rest of ROH in this one.

America's Most Wanted vs. 'Prince of Punk' Shannon Moore & 'Sugar' Shane Helms ©

This prediction is based more on want than anything else, and the fact that Harris got the win on the last iMPACT! Although my heart says Moore and Helms I could see AMW defecting and taking the titles with them as I feel major things are going to happen at Turning Point.

Sabin's in a transition period as Simon pointed out. He's out of contention for the X Title, and he lost to Shelley in hopes of gaining the TV Strap. Simon on the other hand has been on fire both in the ring and on the mic. Simon all the way, plus who is he brining in?

Like Sabin the Naturals are also in a rut while the Briscoes have been on a roll that I don't see coming to a hault at the PPV, especially not with their belts up for grabs.

Team Canada is yesterday's news and have been used as jobbers multiple times, a win here from them would only damage Gen Next.

I just don't see Sharky as a Pure wrestler in the way McGuinness is. Shark Boy just should have been happy with his win on Xplosion me thinks.

Jay Lethal vs. 'The Crown Jewel' Jimmy Rave vs. 'Original Playa from the Himalaya' Sonjay Dutt vs. Vampiro

Kind of a wildcard here but I'm going with the biggest name of the bunch, plus after being beaten on iMPACT! he needs to get some heat back or he seems like a pointless addition to the roster, and the New Church.

Well there you have them, Turning Point looks like it could be an interesting show - one that I hope sees alot of new developments in the ROH v. TNA War.

Guest J_Lethal

Some of us dont have DEEP IN-DEPTH ANSWERS,lol jk

Retirement Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting - gotta go with the Stinger because Hogan would just go back to WWE with a win in a TNA ring and thats not good.

Christian Cage © vs. Raven - Christian Cage, something tells me he and Danielson are FAR from over.

Winner: Christopher Daniels - Gotta go with the ROH champ

America's Most Wanted vs. 'Prince of Punk' Shannon Moore & 'Sugar' Shane Helms © - Sugar Princes as they've been aptly named by me seem like better champs in the long run with GenNext coming up the rankings.

Hail Simon, Hes gonna win and recruit Chris, atleast I hope.

Briscoes NEED a win here, and TNA guys with one of the few ROH titles seems like a bad move.

Gneration Next have to win here, its inevitable. Aries = a WRESTLING GOD! (Dont sign JBL)

Nigel is gonna hold it for a while, Sharky isnt technical enough to be pure champ.

Jay Lethal vs. 'The Crown Jewel' Jimmy Rave vs. 'Original Playa from the Himalaya' Sonjay Dutt vs. Vampiro

You must pick the crown Jewel of the embassy, Jimmy Rave you fool! Either him or Vampiro but Ill go with Jewel.

IPB Image

Theres a sig for this diary, I'd been trying this since you posted the request on the gfx forum a while back but I could never find the right pic of Daniels for it.

and so that this isn't a totally useless post...

Hail Simon, Hes gonna win and recruit Chris, atleast I hope.

Simon won't recruit Sabin, he said he's done with guys like Sabin, or Diamonds in the Rough. He'll be bringing in someone big, he's gotta or it'll be a letdown.

OOC: Thanks for the pic man, it looks awesome. I'm working on the results right now (well not RIGHT right now, cause, you know, I'm typing this) and hopefully I'll have them up tomorrow. Any more predictions are welcomed (though to be honest, more than one set of predictions was more than I expected to get so thanks J Lethal :D ) As for what Simon's doing, you'll have to wait and see...

this is a very good diary and I can't wait to read Turning Point....

My predictions:

Retirement Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Edited by WCWFAN

Guest Daemon

Retirement Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting

-Stinger, just because he is more TNA then Hogan ever will be!

-Cage, because he has too much heat with Daniels

-Daniels becauses hes been waiting for it

-The champ to retain!

-I like Sabin so I'll say him...

Briscoes 4 life!

-Aries is so awesome, Generation Next HAS to win...

-Can sharkboy even put a headlock on? Nigel

-It could be anyone, though I'd say Jay Lethal, cause hes a Lethal playa....

(OOC: Quick note, I've added the full ratings for this show (Overall/Crowd Reaction/Match Quality), but don't expect it anywhere but the PPVs because I'm too lazy to keep track. Also, I'm never booking a Guantlet for the Gold again. Enjoy.)

Preshow X Division Four Way: Jay Lethal vs. 'The Crown Jewel' Jimmy Rave vs. 'Original Playa from the Himalaya' Sonjay Dutt vs. Vampiro

It’s time for Turning Point… but before we get to the show proper, TNA goes into super-hard sell mode with the thirty-minute free preshow, featuring a bunch of hype videos, Tenay and West talking a lot, and this big X Division match. Jay Lethal starts out against Vampiro, who is positively radiating an ominous and foreboding presence. Even the usually fearless Jay seems somewhat hesitant to lock up with the Living Vampire, but eventually does so, and is quickly driven back by the larger man. Lethal tries tagging in Jimmy Rave, who coincidentally chooses that exact moment to discuss the finer points of Ghanian history with the first row of ringside. An exchange of punches goes nowhere, but Lethal manages to take Vampiro down with a running leg lariat and ties him up in the Lethal Lock until Sonjay Dutt breaks it. Lethal tags in Rave, who punches away at Vampiro, but the New Church member shrugs it off and chokes Rave in the corner. Vampiro drops Rave with a side slam and drops the elbow for a two count. Rave avoids a dropkick from Vampiro and tags in Sonjay Dutt, who kicks away at Vampiro’s legs to bring him down to the canvas, then gets two off the Sonjay Star Press. Sonjay goes up top, so Jimmy Rave calmly walks over and pushes him off the top all the way to the outside! Vampiro tags in Jay Lethal, then immediately turns and chokeslams him before diving out of the ring onto Dutt and Rave on the outside. Vampiro rolls Sonjay back into the ring, but Rave jumps him from behind and tries to sleeper him, only to get thrown into the ring steps. When Vampiro goes to pick him up, though, Rave sprays him in the eyes with air freshener! Rave rams a blinded Vampiro into the ring pose before rolling back into the ring and hitting Dutt with the Rave Clash. Rave goes for the pin, but he’s not the legal man. In frustration, Rave doesn’t see Jay Lethal fly through the air with a diving leg lariat! Lethal hits the Dragon Suplex on Rave and throws him out of the ring onto Vampiro. He goes for the Dragon on Sonjay, too, but gets reversed into a snap German suplex. Dutt goes up top and nails the Hindu Press, and that’s all!

Winner: Sonjay Dutt (Rating: 72/63/82)

TNA Turning Point – December 17th, 2006

The countdown ends… the opening video plays… two legends tonight for one night only… a champion battles to maintain his legacy while a challenger battles his descent into madness… two promotions fight for a shot at the most prestigious title in all of wrestling… and then Tenay and West start talking, and the pyro hits. Live from Detroit, Michigan… welcome to Turning Point!

ROH Pure Championship: Nigel McGuinness © vs. Shark Boy

The familiar Jaws-like theme of Shark Boy plays to open the show, as the cult favourite makes his way to the ring. There are plenty of Fin Fans here in Detroit, by the sounds of things. His opponent is the ROH Pure Wrestling champion Nigel McGuinness, who does his best to rile up some heat to kick things off. He doesn’t really need to, since Detroit hasn’t got anything more than house shows from TNA and they are red hot. Nigel tries to start off with some hold exchanges in traditional pure wrestling fashion, but it’s pretty clear that Sharky can’t keep up with him on this level, and the pace quickly slows. Shark Boy reverses a standing switch and bites Nigel in the ass, sending Nigel into the ropes. The referee decides to count that as a rope break, to Nigel’s fury! He argues with the referee, but unfortunately, no one had had the forethought to ban biting your opponent’s ass under Pure rules. Nigel offers a knucklelock, but deliberately raises his hand too high and kicks Sharky hard in the midsection. The champion drives Sharky’s arm hard into the canvas and repeatedly rams it into the mat before taking the time to argue with the fans at ringside. Sharky surprises McGuinness with a jawbreaker and follows up with a neckbreaker, but when he puts the champion in a chinlock, Nigel easily reverses into an arm wrench and takes Sharky down. Nigel forces Shark Boy to use a rope break with a Jujigatame, and gradually wears away at that particular body part with various hammerlock and wristlock variations, eventually leaving Shark Boy with no rope breaks left. Nigel then goes to lock in the Thames Barrier (aka That Arm Submission) but Sharky in desperation kicks him way out of it. Shark Boy snapmares Nigel down and flips over, whiplashing the champion’s neck, before going up top and hitting a missile dropkick. Having built some momentum, Sharky drives Nigel into the corner and goes up for the Deep Sea Drop, but Nigel turns it into the Tower of London! Instead of going for the pin, though, he locks in the Thames Barrier, instead forcing a submission from the helpless Shark Boy.

Winner and STILL ROH Pure Champion: Nigel McGuinness (Rating: 65/56/75)

Generation Next vs. Team Canada

The rock and roll version of the world’s coolest national anthem plays Team Canada to the ring, as they have a tough six man tag match against Generation Next. Bobby Roode starts against Jack Evans, with Evans taunting the Canadians with his breakdance moves. Roode soon gets sick of it and starts kicking away at Evans, taking him down with a hard reverse elbow. Evans lands on his feet off a backdrop attempt, though, and floors the Canadian Enforcer with a spinning gamengiri. He then impresses the crowd with the combination spinning standing Shooting Star Press/corkscrew standing senton he calls the Ode to Blitzkrieg! That gets a near fall for Gen Next. Evans tags in Roderick Strong, who chops Roode in the corner hard enough to be audible all over the arena! Roode tags in Eric Young, who clearly wants no part of the Messiah of the Backbreaker. Young misses a spinning heel hick and gets driven back with hard forearms before being whipped into a high dropkick for two. Young fights back with a thumb to the eye and a side backbreaker, but gets a little too cocky; when he tries for another, Strong reverses to one of his own! A half nelson backbreaker gets a two count for Roderick, who tags Evans back in. Evans stomps away at Young, quickly tags in Bobby Roode. Evans goes for a rana on Roode, who counters it into a hard powerbomb for two. Roode hits a hard neckbreaker and goes to a chinlock, trying to ground the high flyer. Roode tags in Petey Williams, who chops Evans in the corner and takes him down with a headscissor into a side legsweep. Petey goes for a Sharpshooter, but Evans flips his way up and hits an enzuigiri, and both men are down. Tag both sides, one to Eric Young and one to Austin Aries. Aries cleans house on the Canadians with dropkicks and heel kicks for everyone. Aries floats over Young in the corner and rolls to the opposite corner, launching himself backwards with an elbow. Young gets thrown into Roode, knocking them both off the apron, and Aries launches himself into them with the Heat Seeking Missile. Petey goes to take advantage, but Roderick cuts him off with hard forearms, and Evans takes the opportunity to wipe everyone out with the Stuntin’ 101 springboard double moonsault! That brings the crowd to its feet with a holy shit chant. Eventually Aries rolls Young back inside and hits a slingshot corkscrew splash, but Young puts his foot on the rope. Aries signals for the end and nails the Brainbuster, but Roode breaks the count and throws Aries to the outside. Strong attacks Roode from behind and hits him with another half nelson backbreaker, but Petey takes him out with a slingshot hurracanrana. Evans then dived into the ring, but Petey avoided him and nailed a huge Canadian Destroyer that Evans sold with a weird looking backflip! Austin Aries then dropkicked Petey and hit the Brainbuster on him. Eric Young attacked Aries from behind, but Aries fought back with a rolling fireman’s carry slam into the 450 Splash and got the three count!

Winners: Generation Next (Rating: 70/58/82)

ROH Tag Team Championships: Briscoe Brothers © vs. The Naturals

These two teams don’t waste any time, exchanging chops and forearms from the bell. The Naturals throw the Briscoes to the outside where Andy Douglas dives onto them both, and Stevens follows up with a shooting star press from the top all the way to the outside! The referee finally gets some order, with Douglas starting against Jay Briscoe. Douglas takes down Jay with a high knee and quickly tags in his partner, allowing the Naturals to execute a double team bulldog. Stevens climbs the ropes and takes down Jay with a flying clothesline for a two count. Jay staggers Chase with a dropkick and tags in Mark, who quickly gains the advantage with a T-bone suplex. Mark whips Stevens back into the Briscoes’ corner and tags in Jay, and both champions beat Stevens down. Jay hits a sitout front suplex for a two count and tags Mark back in. Jay sets up Stevens in the backbreaker position, and Mark comes off the top with a double stomp to the chest of the Natural! Douglas has to break the count. The Briscoes tag again, with Jay hitting Stevens with a picture perfect Northern Lights suplex for another close two count. Another quick tag from the Briscoes, and they set up Chase for a Doomsday Device, but Stevens avoids the clothesline and almost gets the three off a victory roll! Stevens and Jay both go down off a double crossbody, setting up the hot tag to Douglas. Douglas takes out both Briscoes with forearms and kicks, but Mark breaks up an attempted Double Arm DDT on Jay. The Briscoes go for a double dropkick on Douglas, but Andy holds onto the ropes and rolls them both up at the same time for a near fall! Mark hits a superkick out of nowhere, taking Douglas out, but then Stevens takes out both Briscoes with a moonsault from the top! Stevens and Jay go at it, exchanging chops. Chase gets the upper hand and sets up a Death Valley driver, but Mark breaks it up and the Briscoes turn it into a spike Jay-Driller! Mark finishes it with the Cutthroat Driver on Douglas, allowing the Briscoes to retain in an excellent match.

Winners and STILL ROH Tag Team Champions: The Briscoes (Rating: 72/50/94)

Chris Sabin vs. Simon Diamond

Chris Sabin makes his way to the ring with vengeance on his mind and a determined look in his eye, waiting in the ring as Simon Diamond struts out with a knowing sneer on his face, as if he knows something Sabin doesn’t. He isn’t smiling a moment later, however, as Sabin quickly takes control of the match, driving Simon back with kicks to the midsection and chops. Sabin takes Simon down with a rana and kicks him hard in the spine, following up with a German suplex for a near fall. Simon gains the upper hand with an eye rake, though, and executes a headlock takedown on Sabin, working over the neck. Simon unleashes the Simon Series of rolling vertical suplexes, converting the last one into a sitout inverted suplex for a two count. Diamond wrenches away at the neck of Sabin, snapmaring him down to the canvas and applying a rear chinlock. A hangman’s neckbreaker gets two for Simon. Simon sets Sabin up in the corner for a superplex, but Sabin fights out of it and hits a tornado DDT. Sabin tries to mount a comeback with right hands, and manages to hit a running powerbomb for a two count. Simon regains control with a thumb to the eye and goes for the Simonizer, but Sabin fights out and goes for the Cradle Shock… and hits it! Simon’s too close to the ropes, though. Sabin pulls Simon up to his feet when Simon nails a Diamond Cutter out of nowhere. Too tired to make the cover, though, Simon instead rolls to the outside and grabs a steel chair. The referee prevents Simon from entering the ring with the chair, and so doesn’t see STEVE CORINO slide into the ring! As Sabin gets to his feet, Corino grabs him from behind and hits the Old School Expulsion! Corino quickly leaves and hides out of the referee’s sight, and it’s academic now – Simon adds the finishing touch with the Simonizer before scoring the pinfall. Diamond and Corino go to beat down Sabin, but he counters their attempted double team with a double clothesline, and takes both men down at once with a tornado DDT! However, then two more men come out of the crowd and attack Sabin. Tenay quickly identifies them as CW Anderson and PJ Polaco! Diamond, Anderson and Polaco put the boots to Sabin as Corino takes the mic.

“The King of Old School has arrived in TNA!” he proclaims to the crowd’s jeers. “And I have come here with a purpose in mind, a goal which only I can achieve. You see, about a month back, my good friend Simon Diamond called me up and told me how he was being treated here in TNA because he was trying to help the younger guys up the ranks. And I understood where he was coming from. Hell, I’ve trained students. He told me that because of TNA management, he felt as though it wasn’t worth it any more.” Diamond nods in agreement as Anderson and Polaco continue to dismantle Sabin. “He told me that he wanted to take down TNA management, and that he needed my help. And he came to exactly the right person, because if there’s one thing I specialise in, it’s causing problems, making trouble, sowing dissent. And I will use my mind and my knowledge to turn TNA into our personal playground.”

“Do you understand now, TNA?” Simon yells, taking the mic. “Do you understand what you’ve done? It’s not just me anymore. Do you get it now, Chris Sabin? Simon says that now, it’s TNA who have the problem! Because now you have the King of Old School, the god of professional wrestling, the former NWA World Champion Steve Corino. You have myself, the Problem Solver Simon Diamond. You have our Enforcers, CW Anderson and PJ Polaco. And together, we form the most dangerous group of men TNA has ever had to deal with, a little stable we like to call… the Extreme Horsemen!” Tenay and West go into hyperbole overdrive at this development as the Horsemen clear the ring for the next match.

Winner: Simon Diamond (Rating: 77/77/78)

NWA World Tag Team Championships, No DQ Match: Shane Helms & Shannon Moore © vs. America’s Most Wanted

These two teams don’t waste any time before going at it, taking full advantage of the No DQ stipulations put in place by Larry Zbyszko. The champions gain an early advantage, taking down both members of AMW with stereo leg lariats and then throwing them to the outside. Helms & Moore fake them out on the dives, though, allowing them to hit stereo planchas as well. The champions go straight for some weaponry, not willing to let their challengers get the first strike in the inevitable battle when they thrive in such an environment. A hard chair shot from Helms takes down Harris in the ring, while Storm grabs a chair from Moore only to get it dropkicked into his face. Helms and Moore double team Harris in the ring, with the Wildcat evading a double dropkick but not able to avoid a double superkick. Storm pulls his partner out of the ring, and they head back up the aisle to regroup. This time, Harris tries to draw the attention of Moore & Helms while Storm sneaks into the ring with a chair. Helms catches him, though, and kicks the chair out of his hands, leading to a slugfest between the two teams that AMW gets the better of. Moore takes down Harris with a sweet spinning heel kick to the face, though, and Helms counters a wild Storm right hand into a modified Russian legsweep. Moore and Helms set themselves up on the ropes and execute twin flying neckbreakers on their opponents! AMW find the fortitude to kick out of the pin attempts, however. Storm surprises Moore with a superkick, knocking him down and allowing AMW to take out Helms with a Hart attack for a two count. Harris brings in another chair, and hits Moore with a hard shot, but not enough to get three. Storm beats down Helms while Harris gets the handcuffs and attempts to cuff Moore to the ropes, but Helms manages to hit Storm with an X-plex with a bridge that Harris breaks with a field goal kick between the legs! It gave Moore time to recover, though, and nail the Wildcat in the back with the steel chair. Helms takes out Storm with a Shining Wizard, and they set up Harris for the Countdown when Homicide and Low-Ki make their way to ringside. Ki dives into the ring to break the count on Harris! The Rottweilers brawl with the tired champions, easily overpowering them. AMW get to their feet and stare down the Rottweilers… which leads to handshakes, and a group hug! West goes nuts on commentary, calling AMW ‘traitors’ while they handcuff Shane Helms to the ropes. One Death Sentence to Shannon Moore later, it’s all over. But with Helms helpless due to the handcuffs, they decide they aren’t done yet. AMW force Helms to watch while Homicide sets up Moore in the Cop Killer position, and Low-Ki delivers a top rope double stomp, driving Moore’s neck into the canvas! Shannon isn’t moving. Storm then breaks a beer bottle over Helms’ head as Team 3-D run out and start brawling with the Rottweilers. The Naturals join the fray as well, and AMW leave through the crowd, Tag title belts in hand. Once the Rottweilers are fought to the back, EMTs head to the ring to help the former champions, both of whom are stretchered to the back and into an ambulance.

Winners and NEW NWA Tag Team Champions: America’s Most Wanted (Rating: 82/73/91)

20-Man TNA vs. ROH Gauntlet for the Gold Match

Jeremy Borash goes over the rules for the Gauntlet for the Gold one more time. 20 participants who enter in staggered intervals of two minutes, elimination caused by being thrown over the top rope and both feet touching the floor, the last two fight to a pinfall or submission, and the winner becomes #1 contender for the NWA World title. Homicide is #1, and he makes his way back to the ring still laughing about having possibly injured Shannon Moore. West notes that it’s a bad draw for him, and Tenay notes that it’s no more than he deserves. #2 is Ron Killings, who dances his way to the ring and then surprises Homicide with a jumping calf kick while the Rottweiler wasn’t paying attention, and this match is underway. The Truth stomps down Homicide in the corner before pulling him into the centre of the ring and hitting a suplex into a stunner, rocking Homicide. Julius Smokes is going nuts on the outside, and officials send him to the back when he starts getting ready to catch Homicide in the event of Killings throwing him over. The Brooklyn native holds on for dear life, though, as CM Punk is #3. Punk attacks Truth from behind and beats him down, hooking the arms and shouting ‘Welcome to Chicago, motherfucker!’ before dropping him with the backbreaker. Yeah, that’ll have to be censored on the replay. Punk then stares down Homicide, as Tenay mentions their past history in ROH, and they end up fighting it out themselves. Brother Devon is #4 and he goes after both ROH guys, taking Homicide down with a spinning reverse elbow. He punches Homicide down in the corner until Punk again breaks it, but Devon continues to attack, suplexing Punk down. Killings and Homicide exchange right hands as the X Division Champion AJ Styles enters at #5. Punk low blows Devon and goes to meet Styles, exchanging forearms until Styles gains the advantage with an enzuigiri. Styles nails Punk with a big dropkick, but doesn’t see Homicide coming, and almost gets eliminated! He just manages to stop himself falling to the floor. Killings backdrops Punk as Devon nails Homicide from behind and chokes him on the mat. #6 is James Gibson, and the Redneck Messiah tries to throw Styles out quickly, but again AJ saves himself. Gibson drops Styles with a DDT and helps Punk beat down Killings in the corner as Homicide and Devon continue to brawl. Punk and Gibson work together to try and lift Killings out, but he kicks them off as Christopher Daniels enters at #7. Daniels also tries to eliminate Styles straight away, and almost gets thrown out himself because of it, but manages to hold on. Daniels springboards from the apron into a leg lariat, taking the X Division champion down. Gibson and Daniels stomp away at Styles while Killings and Devon start to mount a comeback against Punk and Homicide. Chris Jericho is #8 and he takes his time heading to the ring, waiting for the TNA guys already in the ring to gain control before offering his own assistance. As Gibson punches away at Styles in the corner, Jericho calmly pushes him over the ropes and to the floor, eliminating him. Punk charges at Jericho and meets boots from a spinning heel kick, but Homicide manages to jump Y2J and get in a few shots before Killings and Devon cut him off. When Jericho starts trying to direct traffic around the ring, though, Styles starts arguing with him, clearly asking what gives him this authority. Jericho slaps Styles, and soon they’re throwing punches, with Jericho getting the better of the exchange. #9 is Brother Ray and both members of Team 3-D work together to try and separate Styles and Jericho. Punk and Homicide attack them, so Team 3-D turn on those two instead, laying into them with hard punches. Devon throws out Homicide as Ray delivers the Deadly Bomb to Punk. Samoa Joe is #10 and he unloads on everyone in the match with chops, kicks and lariats. Ray gets knocked for a loop with a series of headbutts until Styles attacks him from behind. AJ and Joe have a staredown before they start exchanging kicks, with Joe ducking Styles’ enzuigiri and staggers AJ with one of his own. Joe helps Punk to his feet, only to drop him with the STJoe! Clearly there are no friends in this match as far as Joe is concerned. The only thing Joe is concerned with is destroying AJ Styles, smashing him in the corner with a running knee and delivering the Facewash before sweeping the legs out from under the Truth and dropping the senton on him. Bryan Danielson enters as #11, and tries to calm Joe down as a busted open AJ tries to get back to his feet. Joe ignores Dragon and charges AJ again, but Styles low bridges him and Joe falls over the top and to the floor! Danielson lays Styles out again with a roaring elbow as Joe starts destroying things on the outside. Jericho and Danielson get into a forearm war with American Dragon as the victor, and he takes Jericho down with a belly to back suplex. Killings kicks Danielson in the midsection and goes for a Scissors Kick, but meets another roaring elbow and gets eliminated.

#12 is Abyss, who walks to the ring straight for Danielson. What he doesn’t see is Daniels sneaking up behind him, and they take the big man down with a high and low combination. Daniels and Danielson unwisely leave Abyss lying after that to focus on Styles and Jericho, though, and Abyss soon attacks Daniels from behind and hits the Shock Treatment on him. Danielson tries unsuccessfully to fight Abyss alone, and would have been chokeslammed had Punk not delivered a low blow. They charge into a double clothesline from the Monster, though, as Jeff Jarrett enters at #13. Jarrett gets booted by Abyss as soon as he enters the ring, and Abyss stands dominant in the middle of the ring. AJ Styles tries to attack the Monster, but runs into the Black Hole Slam. Team 3-D attack Abyss from behind, but he turns and tries to double chokeslam them. They kick their way out and hit the 3D on Abyss! The Monster amazes starts getting straight up, so Team 3-D send him out with a double flapjack. They get surprised by the ROH contingent of Punk, Daniels and Dragon, though, who eliminate them as #14, Rhino, makes his way to the ring. Rhino attacks all three of the ROH wrestlers, drawing the hometown pop from the Detroit crowd. A powerslam takes down Punk, Danielson takes a huge spinebuster, and the Rhino Driver takes down the ROH World Champion. Rhino poses as Jericho and Jarrett get into a confrontation in a corner of the ring, clearly still unhappy with each other over the events of the last two weeks. They trade blows as AJ Styles and Rhino beat down CM Punk and the #15 entrant, Alex Shelley, makes his way to the ring. He goes straight after Rhino, presumably to minimise the effects of his own hometown status, and quickly gets Gored as a result. The numbers game should be even, but with Jarrett and Jericho still fighting each other, ROH quickly outnumbers Styles and Rhino. Seeing this, Jarrett tries to stop the fighting with Jericho. Y2J seems receptive… but then turns and throws Jarrett out of the match! Jericho taunts Jarrett, unwisely taking his eye off the action and allowing CM Punk to eliminate him! Jericho and Jarrett argue and fight all the way to the back as Styles and Rhino get beat down. Tenay and west are pleading for another TNA wrestler to come out to stop this… and #16 is Sabu to a huge pop! Sabu runs to the ring with a chair and lays waste to ROH with it, nailing Daniels, Danielson and Punk with it and then delivering a Triple Jump Moonsault to the Fallen Angel. The only one left is Shelley, who spits right in Sabu’s face! They trade forearms, with Sabu gaining control, but Shelley fights back with a superkick! The stunned Sabu is open for elimination by the TV champion. Shelley laughs at Sabu on the outside… and turns straight into a Gore! Rhino dispatches Shelley as #17, Jimmy Yang, makes his way to the ring. Yang takes down Rhino with a spinning heel kick that catches the hometown hero flush on the bridge of the nose! Yang unleashes his lightning quick offence on AJ Styles, matching him step for step and then hitting a big moonsault kick in the corner. With the TNA guys down, the ROH wrestlers soon start attacking each other again, with Yang hitting a big moonsault on Daniels. Punk and Danielson take turns trying to throw each other over the ropes while Rhino fights back against Yang. #18 is Low-Ki as it’s becoming clearer and clearer what kind of numbers advantage ROH has at this point. Ki just kicks the crap out of Rhino, unleashing a series of chops in the corner that look like they hurt like hell. Styles stuns CM Punk with a Pele and quickly takes advantage of the opportunity to throw him out, levelling the playing field a little more. Ki smashes into Styles with a running dropkick, though, leaving Rhino to try and fight off four men by himself – five men when #19, Colt Cabana, enters the ring. The Detroit crowd rallies behind Rhino, and he starts unloading with right hands on everyone, with Low-Ki eating a Death Valley Driver. Cabana is able to fight back against him as the fresh man, however, and he staggers Rhino in the corner with a running double knee strike. He fails to get him up for the Colt 45, and Styles gets back into the action with the springboard reverse DDT on Colt.

#20 is Monty Brown, providing some much needed TNA support, and he attacks anyone and everyone, not worrying himself whose side they’re on. He actually gets a decent pop from those fans who know he’s from nearby Bridgeport, and not the Serengeti after all. He takes down Yang with a double underhook suplex, neckbreakers Ki, and hits a huge pumphandle slam on Bryan Danielson. Monty hauls up Yang for the Alpha Bomb, and drops him all the way to the outside with it! Styles and Daniels are still fighting, despite having been in there longer than anyone, and Ki lays out Rhino with a huge Tidal Wave springboard enzuigiri. The Alpha Male tries to throw Ki out, but Ki holds onto him with the hanging armbar over the ropes! Cabana dumps Monty, and Ki falls to the floor as well, much to his annoyance (read: barely-contained RAGE!) Brown doesn’t look too thrilled either, kicking over chairs at ringside. Cabana doesn’t have long to celebrate before AJ Styles sends him out too with a high dropkick. We’re down to four now, Styles, Daniels, Danielson and Rhino, with a shot at the NWA World title on the line. Styles and Daniels engage in possibly the longest forearm exchange in history while Rhino tries to throw out Danielson, but he refuses to go. Rhino goes for the Gore, but Danielson dropkicks him and performs the airplane spin, causing Styles and Daniels to briefly pause in their battle to observe before going back to the forearms. A dizzy Rhino falls prey to a Dragon suplex, which takes him out of it enough to allow Danielson to eliminate him. Danielson helps Daniels against Styles, but he takes them both down with a flying clothesline. Styles sets up the Styles Clash on Daniels, but Dragon breaks it up, only to receive a Styles Clash himself! AJ manages to throw Danielson out of the ring, and we’re down to two. The Fallen Angel attacks with chops, hitting an STO and the Best Moonsault Ever, bouncing back up to his feet. In desperation, though, Styles takes him down with a kip-up rana! Both men slowly get to their feet, exhausted, but continue to fight. Styles hauls Daniels up in the Torture Rack and drops him into a powerbomb for a long two count. Daniels hits a Complete Shot out of nowhere, though, and converts in into the Koji Clutch! Styles refuses to quit, eventually elbowing his way out, and hits a backbreaker/gutbuster combination. He goes up top, presumably for the Spiral Tap, but too slowly. Daniels catches him up there and heads up as well, hitting the Angel’s Wings FROM THE TOP ROPE! The crowd go wild as the Fallen Angel slowly crawls over and lays an arm across Styles’ chest. 1… 2… 3. Christopher Daniels has earned his NWA World title shot.

Order of elimination:

1. James Gibson (by Chris Jericho)

2. Homicide (by Brother Devon)

3. Samoa Joe (by AJ Styles)

4. Ron Killings (by Bryan Danielson)

5. Abyss (by Team 3-D)

6. Brother Devon (by Bryan Danielson)

7. Brother Ray (by Christopher Daniels)

8. Jeff Jarrett (by Chris Jericho)

9. Chris Jericho (by CM Punk)

10. Sabu (by Alex Shelley)

11. Alex Shelley (by Rhino)

12. CM Punk (by AJ Styles)

13. Jimmy Yang (by Monty Brown)

14. Low-Ki (by Monty Brown)

15. Monty Brown (by Colt Cabana)

16. Colt Cabana (by AJ Styles)

17. Rhino (by Bryan Danielson)

18. Bryan Danielson (by AJ Styles)

19. AJ Styles (by Christopher Daniels)

Winner: Christopher Daniels (Rating: 76/75/77)

And after all that, we’ve still got two matches to go!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Christian Cage © vs. Raven

Instead of heading to the back, the victorious Daniels takes a seat at ringside instead to watch this next match. The challenger has a few choice words for him as he makes his way to the ring, while the champion hardly even acknowledges him. Daniels relaxes at ringside while the competitors wait for the super special NWA World Title match intros.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is your Turning Point NWA World Heavyweight Championship match. The man in charge in this match, TNA official Earl Hebner. Introducing first the challenger, from the Bowery, he weighs in for tonight’s contest at 232 lbs. Allow me to introduce to Saviour of TNA, this is Raven!” Raven does his trademark Christ-like pose, drawing a good pop. “And his opponent this evening, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, he weighs in tonight at 226 lbs, he is the current, reigning, and defending NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, he is ‘Captain Charisma’ Christian Cage!”

Earl Hebner tells the timekeeper to ring the bell (in a good way), and the match begins. Raven takes control quickly, executing a headlock takedown on the champion and trying to wear down that body part. Christian fights back up, but runs into some left hand jabs from Raven, who then takes him down with a spinning clothesline and follows up with a running knee lift. Raven goes to a rear chinlock, but Christian again quickly fights up and back suplexes his way out. Christian hits a reverse DDT causing Raven to roll to the outside, and follows up by diving onto him from the top rope. The challenger fights back with a Russian legsweep into the barricade and pauses to argue with Daniels some more, but the Fallen Angel remains where he is. Raven rolls Cage back into the ring and gets a two count off the corner clothesline/bulldog combination. A diving knee drop bulldog out of the corner gets two for the challenger. Frustrated, Raven starts throwing punches wildly, allowing Cage to duck a big haymaker and hit a gutbuster. Christian tries to build up some momentum, but runs into a drop toe hold which Raven converts to an anklelock! Christian quickly fights his way to the ropes, and Raven drops an elbow across the back of the neck. A couple of clotheslines rock the champion, and Raven sets up for the Evenflow, but Christian counters into a Northern Lights suplex for a near fall. Dragging the challenger to the corner, Christian connects with the CCT and goes up top… Frog Splash only gets two! Christian goes for a bulldog, but Raven shoves him off into the referee. This being Earl Hebner, he goes down like a ton of bricks. Abyss and James Mitchell make their way to ringside to take advantage, but Daniels blocks their path. Mitchell tells Abyss to take Daniels out, and the Fallen Angel responds with a chair shot to the Monster’s skull! In the commotion, neither Christian nor Raven notice Vampiro slide into the ring, and he delivers the Nail in the Coffin to an unsuspecting Raven! Cage chases Vampiro out of the ring, and then looks to Raven. He’s obviocusly uncertain, but realising that he needs to save his title, he hauls Raven up and drops him with the Unprettier. Shaking the referee awake, he gets the three count and retains the title.

Winner and STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Christian Cage (Rating: 82/84/79)

Retirement Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Sting

The ovations for both men as they make their respective entrances is huge. Jeremy Borash provides some super special ring intros for this match too. “Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall and is your Turning Point main event of the evening. Introducing first in the corner to my left, making his only appearance here in TNA, from Tampa Florida, weighing in tonight at 283 lbs, he is the man, the myth, the legend, he is the immortal Hulk Hogan!” Insane pop. “And his opponent in the corner to my right, hailing from Venice Beach, California, he weighed in this morning at 254 lbs, in his last professional match before retirement, this is the man called Sting!” Even more insane, completely deafening pop. Yeah, this match was a good idea.

Of course, it’s here we get to the tricky bit. Realistically, this match can’t go very long, and fortunately there’s only about ten minutes of PPV air time left anyway what with the damn Gauntlet for the Gold. Despite this, Hogan stalls anyway, building the crowd heat. Eventually, they lock up, with Sting clearly getting the better of the exchange. Sting drives Hogan back into a corner and punches away at him, to massive cheers. Somehow Sting actually manages to throw a dropkick, which draws a pop and certainly impresses the hell out of me. Hogan uses a thumb to the eye to gain the advantage, and the heat changes rather dramatically. Nice touch. Hogan then wears down Sting with a long bearhug that eats away a couple of minutes. Sting fights out of it, whips Hulk into a corner and delivers a Stinger Splash! He goes for the Death Drop, but Hogan Hulks up and fights back. He hits the big boot, but Sting avoids the Leg Drop and cinches in the Scorpion Deathlock! Hogan fights his way to the ropes and Hulks up some more, but this time Sting’s having none of it. Scorpion Death Drop and the pin clean in the middle of the ring ends the match, and Sting celebrates in the middle of the ring as the PPV goes off the air.

Winner: Sting (Rating: 82/95/53)

Overall Rating: 77%

TNA Turning Point – December 17th, 2006

- As I said the preshow bout was a wildcard, Sonjay was my first choice but instead I picked Vampiro who was in the back of my mind. Guess it goes to show that you should stick with your gut instinct.

- Nigel was just to much for Sharky as I thought he would be, I really don't know who is going to take the Pure Title off of him.

- Gen Next winning didn't surprise me at all, what am I now, 2 for 3?

- I knew the Briscoes wouldn't be losing the ROH belts to the Naturals as well, 3 for 4.

- Oooh time for Simon and Sabin, and the answer to the question who in the hell has Simon been talking about all of this time. As I write this I'm thinking Kronic (ha yeah right) or 3MW are going to be brought in but again I don't think they're a possibilty either.

- Ah how wrong was I its the Extreme Horsemen.

- oh and btw thats 4-5 and 4-4 preshow not withstanding.

- Ah the outcome I had dreaded AMW turn, take the tag titles and fuck up my predictions.

- OOh that evil bastard Jericho tosses Double J out, it's getting hot.

- Rhino is proving to be the monster he should and thats looking good in this match.

- Down to AJ and Daniels, I was thinking it would either be Styles or Rhino.

- Nice ending to the match, it puts over Daniels big outlasting all other men and pinning one of TNA's best to do it. Plus the Angel's Wings off the top would have been an awesome sight to see. Nice writeup on the GG4tG

- Christian's opportunistic victory will most likely be a problem causer in the future with Raven.

- I would have expected maybe Hogan to shake Sting's hand afterward and there to be a bit more of a celebration being his final appearance. I'm glad you stayed true to the match rating and didn't make the match out to be an outrageously great bout.

Overall: Turning Point was a pretty good show, the debut of the Horsemen, AMW's turn, Daniels winning the GG4tG and christian's win should all lead to some interesting tv over the next month.

TNA News and Notes (from www.grapplefanatics.net)

- Turning Point received a 1.20 buyrate and was attended by 13,287 fans in Detroit. Bolstered by the success, TNA is finalising plans to run all their PPVs across the country and only film Impact at Universal Studios. To that end, Final Resolution is scheduled to take place on the 21st January at the First Union Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Locations for future PPVs are already being scouted by TNA officials.

- Impact and Xplosion will be recap episodes this week, giving the workers the week off over Christmas. They will feature clips of some of the best TNA matches of 2006 as well as some of the top angles and storylines. The next episode of Impact will air on December 28th, having been taped shortly after Turning Point.

- The Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) have been signed to developmental contracts, and will report to NWA Tennessee. Although the team have been inactive for a while, Kashmere is returning to wrestling full time with the recent closure of Pro Wrestling Unplugged. The Backseat Boyz are former ROH, CZW and JAPW Tag Team Champions.

- The recent meeting between the Jarretts and the NWA Board of Directors was apparently a success, with both sides said to be positive about the situation. Issues discussed apparently involved tying TNA closer to the NWA, and possibilities discussed included giving TNA exclusive control of more NWA titles, having TNA champions appear in NWA affiliates a la the old territory system, and top wrestlers from the various NWA territories appearing on TNA shows. The NWA Board feels that lack of national exposure is preventing their wrestlers, territories and titles from regaining their past strength, while TNA feels that associating themselves with the NWA will help them establish their identity better as a combination of old school values with new school wrestling.

(OOC: Just a few notes coming out of the PPV. For 'Christmas recap episodes' read 'episodes TEO can't be bothered to write because he's still burned out from the PPV so he's not going to'. Incidentally there was supposed to be a celebration and handshake and stuff but I totally forgot about it nad just went straight to the end of the show, and now I can't be bothered to edit it. Also, with the decent number of predictions Turning Point received I may be tempted to do some kind of prediction contest for Final Resolution (though be warned, I'm not planning a bunch of no-brainers like there were at Turning Point. And don't say there weren't no-brainers, there's a reason why no one picked Shark Boy to beat Nigel McGuinness). I'll post an Impact preview just as soon as I've worked out what's going to happen on Impact anyway.)

Turning point was great and it being in my hometown was icing on the cake, All hail this exquisite (had to use a new word) diary.

(OOC: Glad you enjoyed the show. It was a lot of fricking effort to write so it's nice to feel appreciated. (Y) )

IPB Image

TNA iMPACT! Preview for December 28th, 2006

QUOTH THE RAVEN, NEVERMORE

The aftermath of Turning Point is upon the wrestlers of TNA and ROH, and it will all come together this Thursday night on Impact! Despite taking a break over the holidays the superstars are as determined as ever to settle their scores, especially Raven, who was cheated out of the NWA World title at Turning Point in a match that saw interference from the New Church. In this week’s main event, Raven will take on Vampiro of the New Church in an attempt to exact some revenge.

Also, ROH World Champion ‘Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels won the Gauntlet For The Gold match to earn a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at Final Resolution, defeating TNA X Division Champion AJ Styles with a hellacious Angel’s Wings from the top rope. Daniels and Styles will face one another on Impact in tag team action, with Daniels choosing ‘American Dragon’ Bryan Danielson as his part, while Styles will team with Ron ‘The Truth’ Killings.

Rhino also had an impressive showing in the Gauntlet, being one of the final four men remaining. Less impressive was ‘Alpha Male’ Monty Brown, who failed to win despite being the last entrant. Apparently Brown is himself upset with his performance in the match, and has requested a match with Rhino for Impact, even offering to put his Hardcore title up for grabs.

Another shocking happening at the pay per view extravaganza was the debut of the Extreme Horsemen led by ‘The King of Old School’ Steve Corino. Corino and his associate Simon Diamond have promised to shed some light about their intentions on Impact, where their Enforcers CW Anderson and PJ Polaco will take on the Naturals.

Also at Turning Point, America’s Most Wanted regained the NWA World Tag Titles with the assistance of ROH, defecting to the enemy’s side. AMW and the Rottweilers brutally beat the now-former champions Shane Helms and Shannon Moore, resulting in the two men being hospitalised. AMW will be asked to explain their actions on Impact, and we will also update you as to Helms’ and Moore’s condition.

All this, plus Sting gives the fans one final farewell before retirement, NWA World Champion Christian Cage, Chris Jericho and much more! So be sure to tune in to SpikeTV this Thursday night to see TNA Wrestling Impact!

Match listing:

Team Canada (Bobby Roode & Petey Williams) vs. James Gibson & Jimmy Yang

The Enforcers (CW Anderson & PJ Polaco) vs. The Naturals

TNA Hardcore Championship: Monty Brown © vs. Rhino

AJ Styles & Ron Killings vs. Bryan Danielson & Christopher Daniels

Raven vs. Vampiro