UNEARTH

NORMA JEAN

Rotating Second Stage:

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD

THE RED CHORD

WALLS OF JERICHO

A LIFE ONCE LOST

ALL THAT REMAINS

I'm complaining about the shitty bands on a metal festival bill. Atreyu? Avenged Sevenfold? Come on, even if Ozzfest does have an alternative side, you know Atreyu is going to get shat on by the BLS/SYL/Ozzy fans. They're trying to appeal to the emo kids that attend Taste Of Chaos and Warped now.

Fuck, Limpbizkit is more metal than Atreyu.

I'd say that there isn't much wrong with some of the choices for the 2nd (Atreyu aside) and Rotating stage (from the bands I've heard at least). Disturbed are a poor choice, but I don't see the big issue with Lacuna Coil.

There are always going to be bands people don't like at festivals, so *shrugs*.

And since when has what the SYL fans (who are playing on what is essentially the 3rd stage) think have as much sway as the Ozzy/BLS (who always do Ozzfest, pretty much) fans? Just out of interest.

SYL has gained popularity, atleast from what I've seen, in the last year or so.

Either way, replace that with the Disturbed fans and Atreyu and all the other screamo bands will be shat on.

SYL are popular, but there is a reason they are playing on the third stage (albeit headlining), and thats because they aren't as popular as quite a few of the other bands.

And chances are, cos of the type of bands that are there, that type of fan will also come. So most of those bands won't get shat on, really.

Other than Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold and where Lacuna Coil are placed, what other bands do you have a big deal with? I mean, some of them are hardcore, screamo, whatever the terms are, but they generally still play pretty good stuff (see: The Red Chord, Between The Buried And Me, Norma Jean) IMO.

I've never seen the hype behind Norma Jean, to be honest. Maybe it's not my thing, but they seem really horrible.

I don't like Disturbed at all. I don't think they belong anywhere near Ozzfest, but I can see why they're there, and on the mainstage. They're the "MTV Metal", and they make money. That's what is important at these types of things, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, etc. will put asses in the seats. I just wish better bands could put those same asses in the seats.

All hail "The Unholy Alliance" tour, I guess. :P

I've never seen the hype behind Norma Jean, to be honest. Maybe it's not my thing, but they seem really horrible.

I don't like Disturbed at all. I don't think they belong anywhere near Ozzfest, but I can see why they're there, and on the mainstage. They're the "MTV Metal", and they make money. That's what is important at these types of things, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, etc. will put asses in the seats. I just wish better bands could put those same asses in the seats.

I dunno, I know that Norma Jean have a big cult following, and I think they are pretty good, but understand why someone wouldn't dig them.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head with the second paragraph. And to be honest, quite a lot of the "better" bands arguably won't sell tickets (considering to most, better = non-commercial), or at least as many.

Who is doing the Unholy Alliance tour?

Ozzfest always has a few alternative bands on, it's the way it is, last time we had it here in 2002, it had the likes of Mad Capsule Markets, Millencolin, Hundred Reasons & Hell Is For Heroes on it.

Quit moaning, at least you still get Ozzfest :P

I dunno, I know that Norma Jean have a big cult following, and I think they are pretty good, but understand why someone wouldn't dig them.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head with the second paragraph. And to be honest, quite a lot of the "better" bands arguably won't sell tickets (considering to most, better = non-commercial), or at least as many.

Who is doing the Unholy Alliance tour?

Fuck Ozzfest, look at the lineup SO FAR for Sounds of the Underground this year!

In Flames

Trivium

The Black Dahlia Murder

Cannibal Corpse

Terror

Gwar

The Chariot

Through the Eyes of the Dead

Behemoth

With MORE to be announced :D

The second stage doesn't look too bad, but unless they add a Washington date(or someplace that's within 12 hours of driving) I won't be attending this year. Went last year and had a blast, so that was cool. If Sounds of the Underground comes near I think I might go to that instead of Ozzfest. I'll get my fix in this year regardless however, as I'm going to Spokane on the 14th of April to see God Forbid, Chimaira, Arch Enemy(who I wanted to see last year but we showed up too late), Hate Eternal, and Jager. Should be a solid show and will keep me satisifed until next year.

I saw the Ozzfest in Milton Keynes when Disturbed played, it was alright. To be fair though, I also saw Tool, Mudvayne, BLS, (hed)PE and Raging Speedhorn. Speedhorn were class.

Surely if the crowd is full of emo fans for Atreyu, then no one will shit on them? I'd rather wander over to the mainstage than abuse a shit band.