Biggest Musical Influence?

VerbalPuke

I guess everything is linked back to Kraftwerk.

A group that first made elctro without sequencers, making the sounds manually.

Groups such as Aphex Twin, Add N To (X), Autechre, Adult. etc all link back to Kraftwerk. In fact modern dance music and electronica is based back in Kraftwerk.

You win for the Kraftewerk reference.

As for the artist that has influenced me as a person more than anything? KMFDM. Though I don't really listen to them much anymore, for 3 years of my life they were the band that shaped everything I listened to.

Guest shibbycath

Neil Young

Bob Dylan

Led Zeppelin

Chan Marshall (Cat Power)

Violent Femmes

The Talking Heads

Nancy Sinatra

I'm pretty sure the list goes on and on and on though.

Edited by shibbycath

back through time we come to my youth where two bands really shaped my musical taste in to what it is today...

First off OASIS, I still really like them, and it was really the first guitar based band I got into when i was a youngling in the 3early/mid nineties... having a brother who was a teenager at the time meant i got my musical taste through him......

Nirvana, are really what got me on the track i am on now, they relly opened my eyes to the so-called "alternative" music, this invariabley led me through the Limp Bizkits and KoRns of the world.

From then my musical taste has evolved staggeringly. I still love Pink Floyd, and listen to them a lot, they also have made the best ever alum in Dark Side of the Moon. Metallica/Slayer/Soulfly got me into heavier stuff which has lead me to get in to underground Metal/Thrash/Grind/Hardcore (hXc does rule). The prog persuassions i picked up from metallica have lead me to get into a lot of the lighter bands i am currently in to which tends to be a lot more ambient, stuff like M83, Mew, Jeniferever, Sigur Rós, etc... But I still love heavier stuff, like Dragonforce, Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, Comeback Kid, Converge, etc....

But my all time favourite band is Biffy Clyro, I love the dynamic they create by having heavier parts, and lighter parts, and then having a song which is really in your face followed by a piano ballard, which just fits together unbelievabley well, anything like that I usually love.