League vs Union

TheArsenal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things this season are shaping up interestingly. North Queensland extended their winning run to five tonight with a big 32-12 win over Wests in the grand final rematch. Benji Marshall (aka the tampon) goes back out after a day or two in.

Newcastle face a big ask tomorrow against the Dragons. Joey's playing, so hopefully my trip down to Wollongong isn't a disappointment.

Manly are on the way up, too! :D

Did ya see Benji having a cry in the sheds after? Sure he's a good player, but grow up. He should be thankful he ain't like Sonny Bill. The last time he played a full game of footy would have to have been his Under 6 Grand Final.

Warrington won 22-18, another "top class" ref display from Ashley Klown.

Sale 18 Gloucester 15 - Not 1 try scored, but it was still good to watch, Jason Robinson with the winning DG.

Edited by Mj3

Australia vs. New Zealand coming up. It's a pity Benji Marshal is on the shelf *again*, because with Thurston and Johns in form I fear Australia will rape ye olde Kiwis

Yep, Klien is a joke, there was one instance where Briers (me thinks) threw an inside pass, deacon got a hand to it, it went forward and Withers regathered before it went to ground, play on waved.

Stevo made the greatest ballsed up ever. "Its not a forward pass if the person recieving is behind the passer", he's a knob jockey really, if the ball goes forward..... Forward pass.

no no thurston is in fom but isnt inline to be selected accoring to papers the whole australian side will be NSW players except the captain/fullback Darren lockyer...

Guest Anti-Hero

God that was funny watching Newcastle belt the shit out of the Dragons. And the fact that Penrith lost Craig Gower and STILL beat Parramatta :)

Oh, and although I enjoy watching League, I play Union. I hate getting into a shit-fight about League vs Union stuff. I live near Windsor, home of the Jim Beam Cup winning Rugby League team the Windsor Wolves. Windsor is chockers with ex-rugby league "heroes", basically 35-50 year old blokes boasting "I used to play A-Grade for Windsor". They're fucking annoying wankers, and more than any other argument this tends to sway me more towards Union. That and the fact that club Rugby is more about fun.

My order of watchedness:

1. Rugby Test match involving Australia, New Zealand or England.

2. NRL (w00t Penrith)

3. Super 14s (w00t 'Tahs)

I've got a fair bit of experience playing both Union (as a hooker) and league (as a centre), and I really do struggle to split them. I loved playing league in high school, particularly because I got to play a more attacking based game. That said, Union certainly has a great flow to it when being played - not so much when being viewed.

My heart lies with league on an overall basis though. My mighty Knights are one of my greatest passions and I'm a big fan of the emerging international league. Emerging/re-emerging, since it was originally a more vibrant international sport than it is today.

well lets see how lockyer goes on friday night with Perry pairing him in the halves, and Hunt is really standing up as of late and once him,lockyer,hodges hit their top game brisbane will be a force.. oh and Tate comes back this week to whooooo

Can't wait for when Newcastle play the Broncos. It's the one year anniversary of the foundation of the Crusade - and I, for one, am looking forward to massacring the Broncos at EA :)