League vs Union

TheArsenal

Mr Hunt is no where near International level at the moment. Add Hodgson, Stewart, Hornby, Minichello and Greenshields above him as better fullbacks in Australia. Probably only beats out Polglase (spelling?) and Simmons. Oh and Patten too. That guy is a grub. Karmichael is a nuffie.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats round 9 so we are almost there... gives the broncs 3 games to get in form and the knights 3 games to make sure johns doesnt get injured cause we all know without Joey the knights dont know how to win

Stevo said something useful on Boots N All, "Joey Johns, undoubtedly the best player in the World, arguably, the best player EVER"

Would anyone here say that Johns is the best EVER?

I'm pretty close to saying yes, but something from keeps me saying he is, in the top 5 all time, defiantely, maybe even top 3.

Joey doesn't 'dominate' in defence. He isn't weak by any means, he's middle-of-the-road and just swaps positions with Kurt Gidley/his five eighth on either side so it's harder to target him. I'd rate both Orford and Gower as better defensive halfbacks.

And, to be fair, did you ever see Churchill or Messenger play? Some people are even debating whether he should even be made an Immortal, which I reckon he should be.

The only truly great British player I can think of is Ellery Hanley. Guys like Andy Farrell were posibilities if they hadn't switched to Yawnion. Stuart Fielden's the only guy going around who has a shot at the moment, but he'd need to come down to Australia to be considered a true great.

But yeah, only Aussie players can be made Immortals.

Nah, I didn't, but chances are CWB did :P

Matai showed up Gasnier tonight. Gasnier has only ever been good for one thing and that was this text message:

"Where the fuck are you? there's four toey humans in the cab with sausages ready to spurt sauce. It's 20 to four … and you're in bed, fuck me. Fire up, you sad cunt."

:lol:

And yes, I just wanted a reason to post that >_>

Not sure on the second quote, but he definitely did send the second. He and Minichiello lost their NSW jerseys because of it. Gasnier is a world class douche, and I would not be at all disappointed if he contracted something terminal.

Some fairly bland games so far this round. Sydney vs. Brisbane was boring as shit (and yes, I did hear the Gould outburst). St George vs. Manly was pretty good, but the wrong team won. Melbourne raped Penrith in Adelaide, and the game was a pretty poor showcase for the game in South Australia. Canberra beat New Zealand, but I didn't watch. The battle of who could care less, really.

Newcastle to beat North Queensland by fourteen tomorrow. Too bad I'll be at work when it's on!

Edited by The Misanthrope

Yeah, the wrong team did win :(

Oh Matt Orford. The easiest kick you've had out of your past 20, all of which you got, and you bombed it. Someone noted that he had the ball aiming at the goal post from the tee, perhaps that's why <_<

We ended up losing 18-16 following a piece of brilliance from Matt Bowen. From all accounts the referee substitution ended up being a turning point. He penalised Newcastle till the cows came home.

We ended up losing 18-16 following a piece of brilliance from Matt Bowen. From all accounts the referee substitution ended up being a turning point. He penalised Newcastle till the cows came home.

Ugh, when Andrew Johns is out and the players forget how to play, I hate being a Newcastle fan. How do we go from the premiership favourites to a 52-6 loss after just one player pulling out?

If we don't beat Souths this weekend, I'll cry.

Guest Anti-Hero

Newcastle has, for the past few years, been all about Johns. They need him desperately to win.

On another note, how can Penrith win on Friday night, the return to Penrith "CUA" Stadium, without Luke Lewis and Craig Gower? And the fact that Luke Priddis is halfback... weird.

I tell you what, there is no better feeling that being among a group of 500 screaming Manly fans after beating Parramatta. When Orford kicked that field goal, shit, the place just erupted.