League vs Union

TheArsenal

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Leeds just got spanked. Good, dirty terrorist city ¬_¬.

For whatever reason I just don't like Leeds, Hull, London, Wigan. I have no idea why, and the Harlequins have ugly shirts. I just don't know why I don't like them, I just don't.

I've always kinda liked Bradford, but I have declared myself a Wakefield fan. Why? I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone excited about State of Origin next Wednesday? The two sides look very even - New South Wales' is pretty similar to the style of side that has dominated the series in recent years - but without Johns, Barrett, Fitzgibbon, or Minichiello it's looking a little lax on form. I'd venture to say the only guys in the squad worthy of their spot were Matt King, Brett Hodgson, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson, Steve Menzies, and Mark Gasnier.

The Queensland side just looks awesome. I'm always jealous of the way they can find form players like Greg Inglis and Steve Bell when they need them. For mine, the halves pairing of Darren Lockyer and Jonathan Thurston will destroy New South Wales. Anasta and Gower are shithouse.

That said - go NSW!

Go Manly, go Manly, go Manly!

Spanked the competiton leaders. Even more special as it proves we can win without Ben Kennedy. After next week, where we have the bye, we'll be on 14 points. Good start.

Yeah, thanks for that - means Newcastle move to first after their rather scrappy 22-12 win over Canberra last night.

And I wouldn't call it a genuine 'spanking' of the competition leaders - they were without Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, and most importantly, Michael Crocker (they haven't won a game this season when he hasn't played).

I know you were understrength too, but neither side would be reading too much into that performance. Origin always creates odd results - I wouldn't be surprised to see Souths beat Sydney today.

I kinda felt we were more understrength then them. Kennedy, probably the best out of the two teams and most inspirational, Bell, the most prolific try-scorer this season, and Menzies, the most experienced and probably best defender. Add to those 3 out of our usual 4 prop-rotation were injured/Origin. Anyway, I felt it was a great achievement.

Young'uns like Travis Burns, Mark Bryant and Glenn Stewart (who should be in the team ahead of Williamson) really stood up yesterday. Great to see.

Opinions on Wigan finishing bottom?

Insiders say if Wigan do finish bottom, RFL will cheat to help Hull KR win National League 1, as their ground isnt SL standard (which was SL standard before Wigan looked like getting relegated....) and if that doesnt happen, then the Super League will be expanded to 14 teams, something that Wigan voted against when in top 6 every year, as it would mean less TV money for them.

Cheating Lancashire bastards.

It scarcely matters since in 2008 everyone will lose their licence and have to reapply. I'd be surprised if Wigan did finish at the bottom, but it looks like a very real chance at the moment. Who are the leading sides in the National League atm?

Well... that was a pretty shitty first half of Origin football.

The only Maroon that seems to be slightest fired up is Carl Webb, so of course, take him off!

Ugh, I hate New South Wales. It's games like these that make me think about the days when I was little, when footy was exciting, and when I used to worship Alfie.

Must say I'm not nearly as excited about New South Wales winning game one as I have been every other year. In years gone by I went absolutely ballistic everytime the Blues scored a try, but today I actually spent the entire first half wanting to see someone like Inglis, Bell, Bowen, or Thurston spark something. That NSW team had no right to win given the form of the majority of its players and the disrupted preparation. Queensland dropped the ball on that one.

Meninga was a goose for playing Bell on the wing. Tate? lol. His awesome dropped balls were great for Queensland.

And as much as it kills me to say so, Finch kinda had a good game, and ended up winning it for us :\

It scarcely matters since in 2008 everyone will lose their licence and have to reapply. I'd be surprised if Wigan did finish at the bottom, but it looks like a very real chance at the moment. Who are the leading sides in the National League atm?

Leigh didn't exactly set the league afire last year, but I've always had a soft spot for them. Widnes should probably get a start, but if Hull KR continue to lead I guess it's good for Wigan.

Guest Anti-Hero

Fucking Brett Finch... I had 5 dollars on Steven Bell (at $14) to be first try scorer. Oh, and fucking Steven Bell... I had 5 dollars on Greg Inglis (at $11) to be LAST try scorer. I'm happy NSW won, but not happy I didn't win money off of the game :(