What is the best program to make bg's?

Paint shop pro is good for for beginners , but if you expect to have a career in design get photoshop , but since the price is steep i say download a trial of both and see which you like the most. Both are awesome programs once you learn the ins and outs of each

I'd suggest learning Photoshop right off the bat. Don't do what I've done and got so used to PSP (the simpler option, although it is coming along nicely with every release) that you find it hard to change over to the more advanced Photoshop.

Best advice I can give you is to just experiment. Try out all the features and see what you can come up with. Throw in some stock photos and use some effects on them, colorise, fiddle with the brightness/contrast and you'll soon be on your way.

I started with Jasc PSP, I sucked alot...like alot back then.

I started using some brushes on PSP, still wasn't close to being decent though.

Photoshop is where it's at, for me atleast...it gave me the easiest time to create the best graphics possible to my skill, and I improve every time I open the program at.

The price tag isn't pretty though.

Photoshop is where it's at, for me atleast...it gave me the easiest time to create the best graphics possible to my skill, and I improve every time I open the program at.

Don't tell me you bought the program.. :-X

yeah not everyone pirates photoshop . I made sure I saved enought money for photoshop hell i went a few weeks eating canned beans and whitebread just to save money so I could get it lol

Kekekekeke

I got my Photoshop legally and didn't pay a dime for it. The story's been told before, there was a mixup at Gateway when I told them a virus made me have to re-install Windows and I lost my Microsoft Picture It!, they thought I said Photoshop. So the lady at the Gateway store gives me a copy of Photoshop 6 for free.

Here I am today, all thanks to a mistake made by the fine people at Gateway >_>