Songs that mean something to you!

Guest Astarael

avenged sevenfold - bat country.... a song i think fairly closely describes me as an overall person..

sugarcult - pretty girl (the way).. ex boyfriend baggage..

staind - outside.. truth about everyone's faults..

sarah bettens - all this past.. really beautiful song that captures me..

enya - her whole 'a day without rain' album.. i always listened to it to help me calm down and it holds alot of memories..

Edited by Astarael

"River Deep, Mountain High", originally by Tina Turner, has a very special meaning to me.

I was in a show choir in high school, and in 10th grade (April 2001), we went to nationals. The group that one did this song as their finale, and it was a jaw dropping performance. When they were done, I automatically stood up for the applause. I didn't know the name of the song then.

So, I graduated in 2003, and in May 2005, I went back as an alumni to the group's spring concert, the theme for their show being "Water". They did "River Deep, Mountain High" as their finale, and when I finally realized what song it was (the first time "River Deep, Mountain High" was actually sung in the song), my jaw dropped, and I said out loud "Oh my God....". I remembered nationals from 10th grade...and here was a group that I had a lot of influence in, and respect in, singing that song, better than any year I was in the show choir. It was like watching my children grow up...

That night, I downloaded as many different versions of "River Deep, Mountain High" as I could. It holds a special meaning to me. It reminds me of the best time I had in my life, the 2001 Branson Show Choir Cup Jubliee, April 19-April 22, 2001.