Songs that mean something to you!

Sorry if there's been one of these lists vaguely recently but I'm interested.

Which songs are really important to people for different reasons?

Maybe it was playing during first kiss or sex?

Perhaps it played at a funeral of a close friend?

Perhaps it's your graduation song?

We all have them.

Mine?

Both are related to my wedding.

"Strange and Beautiful" by Aqualung was mine and my wife's first dance.

"Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys was the song we walked back up the aisle to.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Fuck, there are so many.

Full Circle by Pennywise: Reminds me of when me and my mate Luke were little skate punks.

All of the Offspring albums up to Americana: Playing N64 with my mates, good, good times.

San Dimas High School Football Rules by Ataris: My ex.

There are an absolute TON of songs that remind me of old times, it would take all day to list them. These are just a sample.

Guest muddatrucker

And possibly the cheesiest song ever, thats cringeworthy.

For me its probably the Crowded House Greatest Hits album, something me and an exgirlfriend use to love listening to together, I couldn't listen to it on my own for ages until quite recently, some of the songs give me some eerie reminders of stuff though.

Lost Prophets - Last Summer and Ataris - Boys of summer remind me of summers partying with my mates

A song called "You only move twice" by Jeniferever always reminds me of my ex, it makes me depressed but i do listen to it loads as i love the song

I'd have to say "Shelter from the Storm" by Bob Dylan as the kind of girl-related one. It's not anything that really connects to a moment, but it does kinda relate to how I feel about my current girlfriend, so yeah.

The song that was playing during my first kiss was "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues, because it was in December and I was in Ireland, so it's sort of the law for it to be playing.

Also going to have to say "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan, as this is the song that got me into him at the age of about 8, and I've been one of those manic-obsessive fans ever since. So yeah, that also.

"XO" by Fall Out Boy has a lyric in it that means something;

To the love, I left my conscience pressed

Between the pages of the Bible in the drawer

“What did it ever do for me” I say

It never calls me when I'm down

Love never wanted me

But I took it anyway

Put your ear to the speaker

And choose love or sympathy

But never both

To me it basically means, when my ex was forced to split from me because of her overly religous mother, I pretty much lost religion right then and there. My pictures of her and small momentos are... in the Bible that I bought while I was with her, far back in the drawer. And I started drinking and all the things I never wanted to do after the fall out.

Rooster by Alice in Chains. That lyrics in the song just seem to have so many references to things that have happened in my life.

What, you were a sniper in Vietnam? :P

Erm...I have a few, I brought them up elsewhere, but I may as well do it here.

"Stay" by Shakespears Sister tends to move me almost to tears, although not as much as it used to. Basically it was "our song" with an ex-girlfriend of mine, and a little bit more than that too.

Pretty much anything by The Lucksmiths, especially the entirety of the Warmer Corners album, and "Guess How Much I Love You". Just one of those bands where everything they sing seems to be about you.

And you wasn't nervous then? :P

Not by that point.

I was nervous about the legal ceremony on the Friday.

For the blessing on Saturday with all the guests, white wedding, speeches etc, I was surprisingly relaxed.....

Though it may have been all the red wine that was flowing. :pervert:

Uh, any crossfade song I find hard to listen to when a friend from school, well, he's more a friends friend but I know him and talk to him occassionally and he lives right round the corner from me. When his little brother was killed I was listening to a lot of that at the time so I find it hard to listen to now.