Major League Baseball

Toe

5 Jays on the All-Star team is awesome Even though Rios can't play I'm still excited as hell for all five of them. Looks like Doc will be starting the game too after his great win against Texas last night. Thank god Kevin Mench didn't hit anything up the middle last night.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitty line-ups. The AL reserves and NL starters, mainly.

I can't believe the only player the Reds got in there is Arroyo, and there are too many Mets starting.

HOW THE FUCK do the Braves get 3 reserves in there, when the team is shit?

Edited by Livid

Guest Bosstown Boy

The Red Sox today announced the signing of six international free agents, all of whom are 16-year-old players from Latin America. The signings:

-- RHP Anthony Alvarado, Venezuela

-- CF Engel Beltre, Dominican Republic (bats left)

-- 3B Pedro Chourio, Venezuela (bats right)

-- RHP Stormy Pimental, Dominican Republic

-- LHP Manuel Rivera, Dominican Republic

-- SS Oscar Tejada, Dominican Republic (bats right)

Beltre and Tejada are considered two prize signings. The players will report to the Sox' Dominican Baseball Academy in Santo Domingo.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Anyone have a clue of what kind of stars this training facility has turned out? I saw Adrian Beltre was named, what about guys like David Ortiz or Miguel Tejada? Any big names?

Reds acquired RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray, SS Royce Clayton, INF Brendan Harris and RHP Daryl Thompson from the Nationals for SS Felipe Lopez, OF Austin Kearns and RHP Ryan Wagner

Anyone see this trade yet? I take back all the bad things I've said about Jim Bowden.

It's like since a vendetta. He got fired by Cincy and made it his goal to sabotage them someday, and this was the perfect time. Majewski and Bray suck by the way.

Guest Bosstown Boy

So do the Nationals still trade away Alfonso now?

Aubrey Huff got traded to the Astros too, by the way, but only for two minor league pitchers.

Surprising, I thought the Yankees would get 'em and stick him in LF.

Guest Bosstown Boy

It's a natural reaction for Boston fans, we think they're getting everyone in a trade somehow and someway.

I don't think the Yanks can make a deal this year though, their farm system is depleted and nobody wants anything from them.

Reds acquired RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray, SS Royce Clayton, INF Brendan Harris and RHP Daryl Thompson from the Nationals for SS Felipe Lopez, OF Austin Kearns and RHP Ryan Wagner

Anyone see this trade yet? I take back all the bad things I've said about Jim Bowden.

It's like since a vendetta. He got fired by Cincy and made it his goal to sabotage them someday, and this was the perfect time. Majewski and Bray suck by the way.

I'd have to disagree with saying Bray sucks. He's a 2004 first rounder getting his first chance in the bigs this year. He should be solid. He's just not worth that package of players.

Okay then. Currently he sucks and won't by help to Cincy at all. True though, down the line he could be a good reliever.

Oh, and Sidney Ponson was signed by the Yankees. You think after facing the guy when he was in Baltimore would have taught them he was a fat piece of shit. But apparently not.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Oh, and Sidney Ponson was signed by the Yankees. You think after facing the guy when he was in Baltimore would have taught them he was a fat piece of shit. But apparently not.
Edited by Bosstown Boy

A lot of analysts still think the Tigers are going to fade. I just don't see it happening, I think the pitching and the bats are just playing too well right now. It looks as if maybe, just maybe that Todd Jones is finding his arm, and is now begining to close ball games with ease. That was my biggest worry.

A lot have said Kenny Rogers fades in the second half, but it's possible the Texas Heat in the later summer took it's toll on him as an older guy. As for the young guys, I'm not worried about them. I think they'll be fine as the year continues. None of them have shown any signs of slowing down, and have even been getting better as time has worn on.

If I were a Tiger's fan I'd be more worried about the White Sox turning it on then the Tiger's themselves fading out.

I'd be more worried about the Bosox and Yanks having huge second halves more than anything. As it stands, the Central is a battle not for a playoff spot, but for the division. For the first time since 2002, the Yankees and Red Sox are in a race for a playoff spot. But if both of them get hot (New York's always been a second half team) then the Tigers or White Sox could be in trouble. However, this year, I don't see the Yankees doing it. They'll have good stretches, but this is the first time in years when they literally can't add a thing. There is not a single person in the Yankees farm system anybody covets.

Also, I went to the Orioles-Rangers game last night. It was student night so tickets were $5 for upper reserve. The crowd on these night are a lot more fun than the family crowds of afternoon games and the non-existant crowds of weeknights. If any of your teams do a student night, you should really go.