Major League Baseball

Toe

It's ESPN so I won't believe it until something actually happens.

But the year long "Yankees didn't win the World Series" celebration is once again in full swing.

Because ESPN is such a bad source?

It wouldn't surprise me, as Torre has been on the chopping block for quite some time, and Lou has been mentioned for the job. Lou has been there before and its a decent fit.

Met/Cards/Padres

Tigers/A's

The star power is out this year, in a lackluster playoffs. I'd venture to guess WS Ratings will be down again.

ESPN aren't a bad source, they just like to make the smallest rumors sound like huge confirmed stories and they sensationalize everything.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN cited the NY Daily News. You know FOX is praying that the Mets make it to the World Series to draw the New York market in.

Who probably heard it from someone on the street. It's ridiculous, sports journalism has become about as accurate as meteorologists. It may rain today, but it may not.

ESPN is fairly good about reporting things that a...

or you can not post it all together and cut out my origanal message Mr.Reply Box

"ESPN is fairly good about reporting things that are true. They have integrity. Olney is the reporter on this one, and his experience with the NYY Org leads me to believe this is true. But to discount anything by ESPN is quite ridiculous in my opinion. I may say, "I'll wait until its reported on more" but to discredit a creditable source is not something I will do.

It'd be different if Randy's Blog out of Manhattan had reported it."

Edited by ACCBiggz

So the age old question is finally answered, a $194 million doesn't by much these days. Fuck the Yankees....nevermore.

Personally, I feel robbed not seeing the Atlanta Braves in the playoffs. Would love to se the Cardinals face Detorit. Zumaya vs. Puljois would be fucking awesome.

Here's a stat. Check out the diffrence between the Yankees Payroll and the Florida Marlins payroll.

FL $14,998,500

NY $194,663,079

Edited by Shiver Me Fuckin Timbers

ESPN cited the NY Daily News. You know FOX is praying that the Mets make it to the World Series to draw the New York market in.

The Mets fanbase isn't really that huge, there aren't that many casual fans. All the casual fans for NY are Yanks fans. It looks better for the Mets than it really is simply because it's in New York, the largest city in the country.

Nice job by the Tigers last night, I missed the game but I've read the stories thus far. Brandon Inge came up big for the Tigers, and that's great to get that kind of production from the number 9 hitter.

Many people outside of Detroit don't know much about Brandon, but he is an integral part of this playoff team. Despite his pedestrian average, he put up very good numbers on HR's and RBI's, not to mention that he's also an excellent defensive player at third base.

Kudos to Nate Robertson for pitching five strong innings, and also to the bullpen for only giving up one run.

I've loved every minute of this Tigers season, and I hope things continue that way.

Tough break for TNA. I'm guessing they were counting on a big walk up crowd and are now going up against Game 2 of the World Series. The Tigers first World Series trip in 22 years. Not good.

Who is going to be in Detroit next weekend? Me.

Who will be paying out the ash for hotel? Me.