Freaking Middlesbrough (Match Spoiler if you didnt watch)

DaveKOTW

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, stop with the flaming, guys. Try and get along.

Anyone know if highlights of the match are on anywhere?

the highlights should be on ITV very soon mate! Just check the channels. they are bound to show a replay.

... ah, Soccer Night. Good god I'm blind.

Well, they are into the semi's now, against Steaua Bucharest.

I reckon they should be able to beat Steaua. Is it me or is the Uefa Cup Competition (no disrespect to Middlesbrough) getting a lot thinner than it used to. Its probably cos so many teams are qualifying nowadays but I think im right in saying that there were 2 Romanian teams in the Quarter Finals

They did, Steaua put out Rapid Bucharest. It is less of a challenge in a way to win the UEFA cup these days because of the expansion of the Champions League. Even 10 years ago when only the top two of the 'big' leagues went through, you would have Man Utd, Inter and Villareal in the competition for instance. As an aside, I miss the Cup Winners cup, it felt sorta unique and was one time the second most important European trophy going.

I reckon they should be able to beat Steaua. Is it me or is the Uefa Cup Competition (no disrespect to Middlesbrough) getting a lot thinner than it used to. Its probably cos so many teams are qualifying nowadays but I think im right in saying that there were 2 Romanian teams in the Quarter Finals

I think it's the top 4 go into the CL and 3 more go into the UEFA cup for the English leagues, leaving out the chance of Boro winning the UEFA cup or fair play/Intertoto randomness. The UEFA cup used to feel to me like a runners-up cup, because that's what it was I suppose. The Cup Winners cup felt like Europe was more deserved, not that my team ever played in that. Just from my CM experinces. ;)

I think it's the top 4 go into the CL and 3 more go into the UEFA cup for the English leagues, leaving out the chance of Boro winning the UEFA cup or fair play/Intertoto randomness. The UEFA cup used to feel to me like a runners-up cup, because that's what it was I suppose. The Cup Winners cup felt like Europe was more deserved, not that my team ever played in that. Just from my CM experinces. ;)

Chelsea mate! You know Blue is the Colour (..theres only one place to be every other Saturday....strollin down the Fulham Road)

The irony of it all for me is I spent the last 17 years of my life being told how shite we were, with the exception of a few glory moments with Vialli in 98. Now, everyone hates us because of the money and success! you cant win! :rolleyes:

I should add...a few shenanigans from Drogba but I gotta say, that even pisses me off. I'm hoping he gets the boot this season.

Edited by DaveKOTW

Chelsea, never been much a fan of your club must say. The money doesn't matter to me, we gladly had a good chunk of it off you. But you have players I admire alot, would be nice if you played with a bit more flair and excitement I guess but I can watch Arsenal for that. I just hope when you come up to Ewood Park you have a 90 minute nap. (Y)

Middlesbrough were outstanding. That match was exciting from start to finish. You knew it was possible, yet I slightly believed they might just miss out.

Very happy to see them win tonight. I hated seeing Steve Mclaren take tonnes of stick about a month or two back. They've been poor at times this season, but they've showed that they really are a damn good side. Outstanding victory tonight, I don't see why they cant go on and win it now :)

Oh and I think Boateng is awesome. He played brilliant out there tonight, then again, the entire team did.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Yeah I can dream, need to make up for the dropped points against Wigan. Could of nicked a draw last season if Dickov had put away his penalty. Plus we ran you close for a while at Stamford Bridge, 2-2 at HT and hopefully this time we will have King Bellamy fit for the game. But yeah, offered a point now for it I would rip their hand off for it.

Yeah I can dream, need to make up for the dropped points against Wigan. Could of nicked a draw last season if Dickov had put away his penalty. Plus we ran you close for a while at Stamford Bridge, 2-2 at HT and hopefully this time we will have King Bellamy fit for the game. But yeah, offered a point now for it I would rip their hand off for it.

Edited by DaveKOTW

I was devestated last week in the match against Birmingham to find that our two closest chances on goals were Del Horno (disallowed) and Carvahlo. huh.gif

So was I. I had money on Chelsea and I fucking hate Brum so much.

Oh well, lets hope we stuff the Hammers on Sunday! Who are you playing?

Btw, in your opinion, do you think Boro can win this competition, I just found out that even though they have Steaua in the next round, they've still gotta face Schalke or Sevilla? Gonna be a tough old ride for them.