Freaking Middlesbrough (Match Spoiler if you didnt watch)

DaveKOTW

9to5 matey, i think its time you start the Official Brum "support" thread lol

I think what Villa actually lack is some decent experience and possibly a bit of flair. You're a talanted team but you dont have any match winners really do you?

Edited by DaveKOTW

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do lack flair. The closest we have is Milner (for this season) and Davis is pretty much our midfield guru now. Hendrie can win matches, but O'Leary isn't giving him a chance anymore. We have great experience, really. With McCann, Barry, Mellberg, Phillips, Angel, Sorrensen, Hughes, etc in there. They just need direction, proper coaching, management and tactics.

We do lack flair. The closest we have is Milner (for this season) and Davis is pretty much our midfield guru now. Hendrie can win matches, but O'Leary isn't giving him a chance anymore. We have great experience, really. With McCann, Barry, Mellberg, Phillips, Angel, Sorrensen, Hughes, etc in there. They just need direction, proper coaching, management and tactics.

Without meaning disrespectful to your team, I actually meant like, players who had experience of winning stuff lol

Phillips isnt Mr. Succesful :ohwell:

2 Prem Clubs prior/2 lots of relegation :w00t:

I think Mellberg is great though. And I've always been a big fan of Barry and Hendrie. Milner is pretty good and I think that Davis is fantastic (purely cos i put him on my fantasy league team as a reserve at the start of the season thinking meh, its a way to save money and he's come out like he has :) )

To be honest, I can't think of many "successful" players I'd want put into the team. I love the team how it is, save a few changes I'd personally make. It just needs work behind the scenes.

When Super Kev has been playing, he's been great. Adding a real touch of class when he's got the ball. The problem is, he isn't given the ball enough. Berger being Mr. Injury is a cunt, too. We also REALLY miss Laursen... again.

Edited by Summers

Without meaning disrespectful to your team, I actually meant like, players who had experience of winning stuff lol

I think Mellberg is great though. And I've always been a big fan of Barry and Hendrie. Milner is pretty good and I think that Davis is fantastic (purely cos i put him on my fantasy league team as a reserve at the start of the season thinking meh, its a way to save money and he's come out like he has :) )

Exactly. Barry had to fill in at LB for us lately, and he did brilliant, he pretty much played LB and LM at the same time and was solid while doing so. That's why I hate Sven, he refuses to give players like Barry a chance.

To be honest, I can't think of many "successful" players I'd want put into the team. I love the team how it is, save a few changes I'd personally make. It just needs work behind the scenes.

When Super Kev has been playing, he's been great. Adding a real touch of class when he's got the ball. The problem is, he isn't given the ball enough. Berger being Mr. Injury is a cunt, too. We also REALLY miss Laursen... again.

thats how its supposed to be mate!

why do you think Baros cant put them away for club like country?

Baros is only passing through, anyway. That was obvious from the start. Delighted to have him, but he's here so he could get into the World Cup squad through regular football then move on.

Exactly. Barry had to fill in at LB for us lately, and he did brilliant, he pretty much played LB and LM at the same time and was solid while doing so. That's why I hate Sven, he refuses to give players like Barry a chance.

Barry should of been given a chance even if I don't personally think he is as good as people make him out to be. Now it seems he will be filed away in a few years as a player people will ask how come he didn't win more caps. :/

Dont think there actually is any doubt to that. I think that as soon as the Old left backs went, he was in the mix with Cole and Bridge and basically, he got totally shafted although I dont think it helped that he also was being played in a different position.

I think the odd part was that if you remember when Sven was trying to accomodate both Bridge and Cole in the team and he played Bridge in ML and Cole DL. Ironically, for one, why not the other way around considering Cole was a ML that retrained to be a DL and Bridge is a natural DL. Even better, why not have played Barry instead?

IMO, Barry could have easily done a job on the left for England every now and again, even going as a 'back up', as he's versatile down the left, and solid.

Barry wouldn't be bad even now if he had been given a chance. Cole half-fit, Bridge having injury problems, Downing only coming back to his best, could well be a good option to have tried out easily.