Mourinho more worried by bird flu than Man Utd.

FLiam

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says he is more worried about bird flu than the prospect of Manchester United catching the Blues in the Premiership.

Chelsea's lead at the top of table had stood at 17 points, but Manchester United's run of eight consecutive wins has narrowed the gap to seven.

"For me, pressure is bird flu - I'm serious," said Mourinho.

"I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland. It's not fun and I'm more scared of it than football."

Chelsea have not been at their best in the Premiership in recent weeks, losing to local rivals Fulham and dropping points against relegation-threatened Birmingham.

But Mourinho said his side's dip in form had not caused him any concern.

"Football is nothing compared with life," said Mourinho.

"For me bird flu is the drama of the last few days. I'll have to buy a mask.

"Pressure depends on the individual. If you ask Claude Makelele if he feels pressure he will say 'no' because he's played for Real Madrid and won championships.

"(But) if you ask a young player who has never been involved in this situation and who has never been a champion before, maybe the answer is different."

With all teams having six Premiership games left to play, time is running out if United are to complete one of the most incredible comebacks in history and Mourinho said he is still confident of success.

"Eight consecutive victories is fantastic. And I would prefer to have a 15-point lead than seven," he said.

"But I would always prefer to have more points more than less. To say I'm concerned is not correct. I'm not happy with the points we dropped - normally we have to beat Fulham and Birmingham.

"But 'concerned' is the correct word for Manchester United. I think they should be very concerned by the gap.

"I think Sir Alex Ferguson has to be an optimistic person, otherwise he wouldn't be in his job for so long.

"I haven't been in the job for so long but also have reasons to be optimistic because I can win my fourth consecutive title.

"The difference is United people will watch Chelsea against West Ham with a very high heartbeat.

"But we can be very calm and cool when we watch United play Arsenal, or even don't watch it at all, because our future depends on our own results."

Bwahahahahaha.

To be fair, I think that is hilarious, and I hate Mourinho. I want to see that interview just to hear him say he wants to buy a mask.

It's like he's trying to play mind games and maybe put off Utd, but some of the stuff he comes out with is laughably bad.

Utd should be concerned about the gap? Bollocks. They can't do any better than win game after game after game. It's Chelsea's gap to be concerned about. It's theirs to lose.

Since when did Chelsea play football in Scotland?

And I hope Man United catch Chelsea, just because it'd be a great story. And it would piss off all the Chelsea fans, who've probably already bought all the merch which has 'Champions 05/06' on them.

And because it would coincide with Rangers catching Hearts in the SPL. (¬_¬)