Pulp Fiction Song Question

tristy

Yeah, the lyrics you posted are most definitely from "You Never Can Tell", and not "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon".

And, for the record, those are the two best songs on the soundtrack. Misirlou comes third, at quite a distance.

Tarantino rocks at soundtracks. FACT.

Yeah, the lyrics you posted are most definitely from "You Never Can Tell", and not "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon".

And, for the record, those are the two best songs on the soundtrack. Misirlou comes third, at quite a distance.

Tarantino rocks at soundtracks. FACT.

Your last point I agree with (Tarantino's soundtracks), your first I don't. I think Miserlou is neck and neck with Rumble and Ace of Spades tracks (both Link Wray) as far as the top songs on the soundtrack. Not that I'm not down with Chuck Berry and the other song listed, but the surf style rock has my heart. I don't think Miserlou is even close to being Dick Dale's best song, but on this soundtrack I think it's probably at the top of the list. I honestly just take exception to it being quite a distance to "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon", which is a fine song, but I myself wouldn't stick it over Dick Dale.

There is one song I wondered about, it's played when Butch is fleeing the city with his girlfriend on the chopper. It's a strange twangy sort of guitar beat that is only played briefly. Does anybody know what I'm referring to?

I love Dick Dale, and I love Misirlou, and me saying it's at quite a distance isn't a sleight on that song, but rather a sign of how much I adore the other two songs. Neil Diamond will always have a place in my heart, and Urge Overkill's cover is one of the best there is, and I'm sure you're the last person I need to inform of the greatness of Chuck Berry. Misirlou is incredible, and thanks largely to Pulp Fiction, Dale's version is absolutely iconic, but if it comes down to which I'd rather listen to, Urge Overkill or Chuck Berry will win 9 times out of 10.