Midland Football Clubs Thread

hugobomb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard of Steven Davis till this season, and the majority of other fans were the bloody same. He may not have discovered him, but due to the small squad he's gave him a chance.

Thats what I said. fair enough he gave him his chance, but he can't moan about having to play these "kids" and then when they come good say he knew it all along and try take all the credit.

And as for Bakke and Berger. He could of easily played Hendrie instead of Bakke and Bergers hardly played at all so it was pretty much pointless bringing him in, all he's done is cost in wages. And they were both injured for a good part of the loan deal, thats why Bakkes stay wasn't extended.

Davies played came on a couple of times under Taylor so I think you're wrong in saying the majority of fans hadn't heard of him till this season. If you were on about Gardner then I could see where you're coming from but not to of heard of Davies till this season, where you been mate?

Edited by Lost Soul

Yeah he probably did do fuck all when he came on, but when have I claimed that he came on and changed a game? And I aint saying thats when they realised his tallent either. All I'm saying is that when he came on under Taylor was when people first started hearing about him, I aint saying thats when he got interest from other clubs. You're the one who said the "majority" of villa fans hadn't heard of him till now and I'm saying they had.

Yeah Taylor fucked us up but we've still just had our worst season in history under O'Leary, the same man who's "proud" to have saved us from relegation and with the exception of about two or three players Taylors shit squad finished 6th the season after when O'Leary had fuck all money. Start of this season he gets a bit of money, brings in the players he wants and look where we've finished.

Dublin may be getting on but he didn't have to play him for 90 minutes every game, Dions a leader and we haven't had one since he left and thats what we've missed. Mellberg, as much as I love him, can't even lead the defence let alone the team. What we lack most on the pitch is a talker and thats what Dion was. He's the type of player who keeps heads up when you go a goal down. When we go a goal down now a days heads drop and theres no one out there to bring them back up.

Join the Coca Cola League's thread >_>

Yeah it's been a bad season for Midland football, I'm a Leicester fan and we had a shocker. Only Coventry did exceptional and that scares me :P

Join the Coca Cola League's thread >_>

Yeah it's been a bad season for Midland football, I'm a Leicester fan and we had a shocker. Only Coventry did exceptional and that scares me :P

*Admits Sky Blue Fan Status.* Believe me, I was shocked too, but we have a decent squad and a certain very good manager :P

That goalkeeper's the source of your success :shifty: