Midland Football Clubs Thread

hugobomb

I'll get this started with, I'm a Birmingham City supporter.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. We'll take our brand of football to the Championship next season and if we're not in the top 5 at least by Christmas there will be hell to pay for Bruce.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing in Villa's favour is that Sheffield United, or Preston if they go up, will almost certainly head straight back down. Reading have some quality, while Watford will give it a good go. I'm actually considering putting money on Villa to go down next season though, as there has been an increased decline in the quality of their teams for years now.

I think the decline is in managers, moreso than team to be honest.

We have your average looking premiership squad, really. We just need the right person to get the team playing, we need someone who isn't O'Dreary.

Stoke Fan here and it's been an average season on the field for us. Off the field it's been arguements between the manager and the board etc. We could've done better be packed up after Christmas.

And can't wait to play the Blues again after what happened this year in the cup. Should be fun.

There's rumours of us selling Mellberg, as well as us obviously selling Baros, maybe Angel. Then people such as Berson, Djembax2, De La Cruz & Delaney going. That's weakened a lot, if you ask me. But I wouldn't mind it. We'd see Cahill, Gaby, Moore, etc, get more of a chance, which is only a good thing.

If we get relegated, we get relegated, shit happens. But I don't see it happening.

Aren't you expected to sell players as mentioned and you're not bringing anyone in? Plus O'Leary appears to be staying so i see a weakened Villa side for your campaign from last year's poor one. All rivalries aside i think you're in deep trouble.

And i see no reason why Birmingham shouldn't come straight back up.

Edited by Visionary

Villa are one of those teams that just HAVE to be in the Premiership. I don't think it would really be the same if they went down. Teams like going to Villa Park. I've heard off skysports; interviews among other things that players like going there, and enjoy playing there.

To be pretty honest with you Villa fans, I've watched ya's a good bit this season, and Mellberg has been pretty useless. He's caught out of place often, and lets his guard down too much.

I reckon you's could still get about £3m - £4m for Mellberg. If Baros has a good world cup £8m - £10m, and for Angel; £3.5m - £4m. That's a £5m loss on Angel, which is a bloody shame, but I can't see ya's getting much for him. I can't believe how badly he's actually played. One season he was tipped to go to Arsenal, the next he's playing absolute fucking dire football. Villa have been incredibly unlucky.

The sad thing is that O'Leary will generate about £15m - £20m out of those three players, and two of them are key. O'Leary has been pretty damn lousy in the transfer market, and if he wastes that, then I see no hope for Villa.

They need to bring in Curbs, that guy would do wonders with that sort of cash. Honestly, I could even see him signing Bent from Charlton.