Midland Football Clubs Thread

hugobomb

Money we make, is going to be used to bring players in. We're not in deep trouble, as nothing's happened yet. Everton were in deep trouble one year, yet ended up doing great. West Ham were in deep trouble this year, yet look every bit the premiership outfit.

Worry about your own club, you need 2 million just so the banks don't get involved. That's deep trouble.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money we make, is going to be used to bring players in. We're not in deep trouble, as nothing's happened yet. Everton were in deep trouble one year, yet ended up doing great. West Ham were in deep trouble this year, yet look every bit the premiership outfit.

Worry about your own club, you need 2 million just so the banks don't get involved. That's deep trouble.

Edited by Lost Soul

Whatever money Villa make, O'Leary shouldn't be aloud near it. He's shown in the past with Leeds he gets a little bit to happy when he's able to spent some cash and ends up overpaying for players, or buying shite. I like O'Leary (for his Arsenal connections) but as a manager, he's shown nothing so far.

Has Cahill signed a new contract?

Because really, that would be a massive blow if he left Villa this summer.

EDIT: Aren't Villa going for Milner? I read that Ellis or maybe it was O'Leary had met Newcastle officials and came to a price agreement. They just need to raise the funds for the transfer. Then there is the rumour of the £3m of Lescott, and..=/ Michael Bridges.

He hasn't signed yet, but the talks are soon to go on, and he wants to sign. So, here's hoping.

Yeah, we're after Milner. It's all set to go ahead, for 3mil. But Newcastle are waiting til they get a new manager. I wouldn't mind us getting Lescott. And Bridges isn't that bad, considering O'Dreary was eyeing up Cart Cort earlier this season.. *shudder*.

I don't think there's a single manager in the world who would sell Darren Bent to Villa, considering the amount of money Villa are going to have to play around with. Besides, knowing Curbishley, he wouldn't do it - he'd take a striker from the Conference and he'd start banging in an absolute shed-load of goals. Happened for Divisions Two and One (Mendonca and Bent respectively), why not lower down?

I think we will go down if O'Leary stays. Only reason we finished 6th when he first came in is cuz everyone had something to prove so everyone was fighting for a place. With the exception of I think McCann and Sorrenson, we finished 6th with the same team that finished 5th from bottom under Taylor the season before. And I think if we bring in a new manager, even though there isn't any money, we'd probably do alrite because players would have something to prove.

I really hope we sign Millner cuz he's been one of our best players this season, but I really do think if Newcastle let him go they're mad. Fair enough solanos class but he hasn't got many seasons left in him where as Millners only 20 and two footed, I can't see any reason why he won't go on to play for England. I reckon he'd do a better job for them now than Downing would on the left and Downings going the world cup.

Angels been poor and I reckon its his attitude to be honest, only good season he's had was when he was playing for a 30k a week contract and since he's got that he's been lazy.

Guest Heresy

O'Leary actually does nothing for us. He isn't a tactician, he's poor in the transfer market, he isn't a motivator... so what's he doing? Lets ship him out and bring someone in with a decent tactical footballing brain or atleast someone with personality.

Ok, I know O'Leary is to blame for a lot of things, but not to the extent that some fans go on about. He's tried, give him a break for crying out loud. He doesn't deserve that amount of grief.

The thing what really pisses me off about him is his complete lack of passion. When we're 2-0 down to Wigan and he's just standing in the dug out not even moving thats the type of thing that gets me pissed off. And when we go to Arsenal and lose 5-0 and all he can say is how good Arsenal played and doesn't give the fans who travelled all the way down and spent all that money a mention. He don't give a fuck about the club or fans. I reckon he thought he'd come here for a few seasons, do an alright job and then move on to some where better and now that isn't happening everyones seeing what a shit manager he is and the only reason he did well at Leeds is cuz of the money he had. His signings for us, with the exception of 1 or 2 have been bollocks. He's paid over the top for Baros, brought in players with a history of recuring injuries i.e. Laursen, Bouma and Phillips. Gets rid of Ian Taylor and Dion Dublin because they're to old and then brings in Erik Bakke and Patrick Berger on loan? And pays a million for Djemba-Djemba! He's also tried to take credit for the youth system as well, saying no one had heard of Steven Davies before he took charge, which is bollocks again, because he played in the youth cup winning team that beat Everton. Fair enough he gave him his chance but to try and say he discovered him is bollocks. Paying 7m for Seth Johnson says it all IMO.

His signings for us, with the exception of 1 or 2 have been bollocks. He's paid over the top for Baros, brought in players with a history of recuring injuries i.e. Laursen, Bouma and Phillips. Gets rid of Ian Taylor and Dion Dublin because they're to old and then brings in Erik Bakke and Patrick Berger on loan? And pays a million for Djemba-Djemba!

Edited by Lost Soul

I hadn't heard of Steven Davis till this season, and the majority of other fans were the bloody same. He may not have discovered him, but due to the small squad he's gave him a chance.