World League Wrestling

Guest blank12345

Guest blank12345

World League Wrestling

World League Wrestling was formed in 1999 by wrestling legend Harley Race. The promotion’s main goal is to provide an outlet for Race’s wrestling school while putting on a family friendly show for the whole community. In fact, Race has been known to bring in fellow legends for special appearances and donate the proceeds to local charities. Recently WLW has formed a working agreement with Pro Wrestling NOAH and seems to be gearing up for a run at pro-wrestling’s upper tier.

It is rumored that behind the scenes a new booker by the name of Johnny Distortion has been given a chance to help Race take WLW to the next level. Race will still have the final say in the direction of the company, but wants to focus more on his school and the public relations aspect of the promotion. Only time will tell whether this new direction will pay off for one of wrestling’s last living legends.

Current Title Holders

WLW Heavyweight Champion - Ace Steel

WLW Tag Team Champions - Josh Besore and Marc Godecker

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 1 [06.03.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Harley Race on my TV hyping up the title tournament at Breakdown. I mean, the guy’s 63 years old and still better on the mic than 90% of the wrestlers out there today. They seem to really be pushing the significance of the title, which is always a good thing.

- The cool hype video, once again pushing the title tournament later this month. It should be fun to see Steiner in action again, it’s been a while.

- Ace Steel’s pre-match interview was OK. Nothing special. Basically a way to further hype Breakdown and riff on his opponent at the same time.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- WLW’s resident cowboy Dakota squaring off with Daniel Flynn. Sloppy match, easily the worst of the whole show (which says a lot). Flynn is really green and should probably be protected better. Dakota picked up the win, if you’re wondering.

- The women really tried to pull off a good match, but it just wasn’t happening. Miss Natural picked up the win over Hellena Heavenly thanks to help from Heather Savage (who then continued to beat down Heavenly after the match). This is all pretty much building to the title match at Breakdown, but it’s clear that the ladies division could use some work.

- Steel picking up the win over War Cloud was decent, but didn’t have enough energy to bump it up to the top. Obviously they’re trying to push Steel as a serious title contender, which is a good thing in the long run. Still, his in-ring work could use a little polish that a push to the top isn’t going to give him anytime soon.

48% Overall Rating - 0.14 TV Rating - $1320 at the gate, 88 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 2 [06.10.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Apparently the show has been shortened to a half-hour. Normally less time for wrestling is a bad thing, but in WLW’s case it might help them in the long run. Such a tiny roster is always going to have a hard time filling a whole hour.

- Interesting turn of events in the women’s division as WLW Ladies Champion Josie has apparently aligned herself with Miss Natural. Obviously this potentially changes the dynamics of the Ladies Title match at Breakdown as you have to wonder if Natural and Josie will be working together to protect Josie’s belt.

- Steel delivers on the stick again, continuing to make his case for being the best wrestler in WLW today. Less focus on his opponent for the night, Daniel Flynn, but that actually seemed to help add fire to the promo.

- Steel picking up the win over Flynn was almost bad enough to put it down below, but the crowd was pretty hot for Steel and both guys put forth a good effort. Not very long thanks to the shorter show, but it helped get Steel over on his way to Breakdown.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Both tag team turned singles matches. Angelo managed a tidy win over Travis, giving the champs hope to retain at Breakdown, but both wrestlers showed why they aren’t the “workers” of their respective teams. On the other hand Mc Quinn and Dalton put on a good show in their match, but fans weren’t happy with Mc Quinn getting the clean pin fall. With the teams both going 1-1 for the night it’s hard to predict who will come out on top at Breakdown, although it seems that the champs are the fan favorites to retain.

43% Overall Rating - 0.15 TV Rating - $1275 at the gate, 85 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 3 [06.17.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Hellena Heavenly and Superstar Steve (with his manager Johnny Gold) both did a good job selling their respective Breakdown matches with old school backstage promos. Both stars looked a little lost at times, but their natural charisma is undeniable. Looks like Breakdown should be a pretty interesting way to kick things off for the “new” WLW.

- Speaking of big event hype, the video package highlighting the WLW Heavyweight Title contenders was outstanding. The production crew seems to be getting the hang of things with these videos and they’ve quickly become one of the best things WLW has going on for their TV shows.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Jason Bates getting the clean pin on Daniel Flynn and Superstar Steve beating Mason Hunter in the main event. Everyone seems so sloppy in the ring despite all the effort they’re clearly putting into their matches. Hopefully overtime everyone will become more comfortable in the ring. If not Race should probably consider bringing in some new faces that can carry some of the current guys to some decent matches.

45% Overall Rating - 0.12 TV Rating - $1305 at the gate, 87 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW Breakdown Report - June 24, 2006

WLW Tag Team Titles Match

Angelo & Ty Dalton© vs. Travis T-Money & Derek McQuinn

Decent opener with Ty Dalton getting the clean pin on Travis. Really short match that did a decent job hiding some of the workers’ weaknesses, but the crowd just wasn’t feeling it.

Winners: Angelo and Ty Dalton

WLW Ladies Title Four-Way Elimination Match

Lacey vs. Hellena Heavenly vs. Miss Natural vs. Josie©

Not the greatest match, but the crowd helped make it hot enough to not tank. First fall saw Heavenly fall prey to the combined attack of Miss Natural and Josie. However, while trying to eliminate Lacey, Miss Natural accidentally hit Josie with a clothesline which caused the champ to attack and pin her partner in crime. While arguing with Miss Natural after the elimination Josie was caught from behind with a roll-up for a three count, making Lacey the new WLW Ladies Champion.

Winner: Lacey

WLW Heavyweight Title Qualifying Match

Rick Steiner vs. Wade Chism

Short match that saw Steiner make quick work of Chism. Wade tried to feed off the crowd to make a comeback, but Steiner was just too much for him to handle. The veteran picked up the pin fall following a huge Bulldog for a shot at the WLW Heavyweight Title later in the show. After the match Steiner told the crowd that he was soon to be their new Heavyweight Champion no matter which star won the next qualifying match.

Winner: Rick Steiner

WLW Heavyweight Title Qualifying Match

Ace Steel vs. Superstar Steve

Good match between two of WLW’s signature stars. Steve managed to keep Steel on the ropes for much of match, working over his knee and throwing in plenty of illegal maneuvers behind the ref’s back. In the end it just wasn’t enough to stop the momentum of Steel as Ace managed to hit a huge DDT on Steve for the three count. After the match Harley Race came out with Steiner to hype the upcoming title bout before a short intermission.

Winner: Ace Steel

WLW Heavyweight Title Match

Ace Steel vs. Rick Steiner

Both men turned in great efforts to put on the best match in WLW’s recent history. Despite the damage done to his knee in his earlier match Steel was able to rally plenty of offense to keep his opponent at bay. A failed suplex attempt by Steiner left him open for a DDT and a flying elbow that secured the win for Steel. After the match steel celebrated in the ring as the fans went wild for their new WLW Heavyweight Champion.

55% Overall Rating - $4600 at the gate, 230 paid

Edited by blank12345

Needs more detail. I wrote WLW for a little bit and it seems like it could be a fun promotion. But I don't want to feel like I read a recap of a show. I want to feel like I watched a show. Oh and give more love to Wildman Wade Chism! (Y)

Guest blank12345

TO: Harley Race

DATE: July 1, 2006

SUBJECT: WLW Report for June 2006

Last month was alright as we saw our public image increase nicely. Pretty soon we should be able to expand to a regional territory if things keep going the way they are. Word on the street is that the industry as a whole is experiencing a rough patch, but if we improve our product we should be able to make big gains anyway.

Unfortunately the use of some big names like Rick Steiner and increased production costs last month saw us take a hit financially. We lost almost $130,000 in total. That still leaves us with more than $450,000 in the bank, but we should try to cut some costs this month. Additionally our TV deal is in jeopardy due to low ratings. Losing TV might hurt us in the short term, but it would lower our costs significantly. We’ll have to see how this develops.

On a better note Pro Wrestling NOAH has agreed to let Naomichi Marufuji wrestle at this month’s big show. While NOAH decided not to pick up any of our workers for their upcoming tour they are still dedicated to maintaining their relationship with us. Right now they’re taking a risk affiliating themselves with us, but it should pay off for both of us in the near future.

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 4 [07.01.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Race hyping the next big show, Dead or Alive. Bringing in Marufuji should be a good thing, it will definitely bring the match quality up a bit. Sounds like it’ll be a one-shot deal from the what Race was saying, but you never know. Old-school hype from the master of old-school hype.

- Ace Steel working the mic. The guy seems to improve every time he’s on the stick, as a champion should I suppose. He was building up his title defense against Marufuji and thanking the fans for all their support. It’s good to see a guy like Steel with the belt, he seems like a genuine good guy. Hopefully the bookers won’t hotshot the belt onto ‘Fuji to please the NOAH crowd.

- “Wildman” Wade Chism’s ultra-sweet baby face offense. This guy does everything a good face should, including taking a massive post-match beating from Superstar Steve. It’s nice to see Chism pick up a win, but I’m not sure the beat down is building towards anything big. Seems like a nice way to garner some heat for the Superstar and nothing more. Still, seeing the “Wildman” in a high profile feud could be interesting.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Marc Godecker grabbing the clean win over War Cloud. Fans don’t seem to be buying into Godecker as a guy to get behind and it’s hurting his matches. He is young though, and fans aren’t always excited for gimmick-free rookies. Marc seems to be destined to headline the company sooner or later, he just needs to find a way to connect with the fans.

- Derek McQuinn taking on Josh Besore. Both guys are pretty young and seem to be having some of the same problems Godecker has. I know Race seems to prefer the in-ring product to speak for itself, but sometimes you need some spice to get the crowd on its collective feet. I don’t see this changing in the near future, but it’s true.

52% Overall Rating - 0.17 TV Rating - $1395 at the gate, 93 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 5 [07.08.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- “Wildman” Wade Chism calling out Superstar Steve following his match against War Cloud. Even though Steve didn’t respond the fans were jazzed and it looks like the two wrestlers are set to feud. Technically Steve is already booked in a WLW Tag Team Title match at Dead or Alive, but if this thing heats up I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up tangling with Chism instead. I guess we’ll learn more next week.

- Ace Steel’s WLW Heavyweight Title defense against Derek McQuinn (as well as Harley Race’s segment announcing the title bout). This was Ace’s first title defense and the first WLW Heavyweight Title match on WLW TV. Steel really held the advantage throughout the match and got the easy win following a nasty DDT. McQuinn looked good in the ring, but he just didn’t have enough to take out the champ. Steel looks determined heading into his big match at Dead or Alive.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Chism’s match against War Cloud. This was right on the border, but it gets knocked down a peg because of War Cloud’s lack of heel heat. It’s hard not to have the crowd get into a match with Wade involved, but it almost happened here. Not a bad bout, but certainly not a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Chism picked up the win following his trademark high-impact Samoan drop.

- The hype video for Marufuji could have been WAY better. We’ve seen some great videos on WLW TV in the past week, but this was not one of them. Wherever they got their NOAH footage has a serious video quality issue because the whole thing looked highly unprofessional. Hopefully the production crew can learn from their mistakes and take care of them in the future.

50% Overall Rating - 0.18 TV Rating - $1485 at the gate, 99 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 6 [07.15.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Josh Besore and Marc Godecker’s upset win over Superstar Steve and Daniel Flynn for the number one contendership for the WLW Tag Team Titles. Great little match that saw Flynn get pinned after Steve and his manager Johnny Gold botched an attempt at taking out Godecker while the ref’s back was turned. Now Steve can take on Chism at Dead or Alive and WLW’s brightest young stars get a shot at the tag titles.

-Speaking of Superstar Steve and Wade Chism, Steve and Johnny Gold cut a harsh promo on the “Wildman” before their match against Besore and Godecker. It looks like this feud is full speed ahead and should really kick off at the big event later this month.

- Nice video packages for Ace Steel and the WLW Tag Team Titles match at Dead or Alive. The production crew seems to be back on track after that sketchy video last week.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Joise squashing Little Jeanne. It was short, sloppy, and the crowd couldn’t have cared less. I don’t expect to see many more matches like this because WLW can’t afford to keep putting train wrecks on their TV show. It’s hard to believe their wasn’t anything better left over from the taping.

49% Overall Rating - 0.18 TV Rating - $1485 at the gate, 99 paid

---

WLW TV Workrate Report - Episode 7 [07.22.06]

WHAT WORKED:

- Chism formally announcing his match with Superstar Steve at Dead or Alive. Should be a really hot match, I can’t wait. He followed up his match with a quick squash of Travis “T-Money.” Wade seems to be ready to climb his way to the top of WLW as soon as he possibly can.

- Ace Steel’s promo hyping his big match with ‘Fuji. Basically stated he wasn’t scared by an international superstar anymore than he was scared of the “Dog Faced Gremlin” at Breakdown. Should be a good match at Dead or Alive, most likely with Steel retaining.

- Race’s final sell of Dead or Alive went over well. Not much to it, but promotion is promotion.

WHAT DIDN’T WORK:

- Derek McQuinn squaring off with Dakota. Both men seemed sluggish in the ring, especially Dakota. McQuinn won what basically amounted to a glorified squash match following a big spear on WLW’s resident cowboy. Nothing to write home about, just a tidy little wrestling match.

48% Overall Rating - 0.18 TV Rating - $1485 at the gate, 99 paid

Edited by blank12345

Ace Steel© vs. Naomichi Marufuji

-Ace Steel all the way! Steel oughtta hold the title for a very long time, see if he can be the Franchise for the promotion as you carry it up the ladder.

WLW Ladies Title Match

Lacey© vs. Heather Savage

-Everybody loves Lacey, right? Me, too. I'm voting for her to take this.

“Wildman” Wade Chism vs. Superstar Steve

-Wade Chism. Don't ask me why.

“Revenge Match”

Josie vs. Miss Natural

-I'm a bit of a Miss Natural mark, since she does so well for me in EWR. I'm gonna give it to her.

Angelo and Ty Dalton© vs. Josh Besore and Marc Godecker

-I think...the champs will retain. I dunno...when you're a small fed like WLW, you oughtta have long reigns.

I'm interested in this, having just started a WLW game myself. Best of luck and I'll be watching. :)

Mason Hunter vs. Daniel Flynn

-No clue whatsoever. Going with Daniel Flynn.

Final Card for WLW Dead or Alive - July 29, 2006

WLW Ladies Title Match

“Revenge Match”

Josie vs. Miss Natural

Angelo and Ty Dalton© vs. Josh Besore and Marc Godecker

Mason Hunter vs. Daniel Flynn [DARK MATCH]

The only match I am sure about is the Heavyweight title, since I doubt you will let it go to Noah for 2 months. Things look go so far though (Y)

Guest blank12345

WLW Dead or Alive Report -July 29, 2006

Angelo & Ty Dalton© vs. Josh Besore & Marc Godecker

The challengers earned the rights to this title shot two weeks ago by defeating Superstar Steve & Daniel Flynn on WLW TV. Early action saw the defending champs isolating Godecker in an attempt to limit the challengers’ high-flying offense. Their actions failed to pay off, however, when Godecker managed to counter a suplex attempt by Dalton and make the tag to a fresh Josh Besore. The new legal man cleared the ring, making quick work of the more fatigued champions before hitting Dalton under the chin with a huge superkick for the three count. After the match the new champs celebrated with the crowd before heading to the back with their new titles in hand.

Winners: Josh Besore & Marc Godecker

Josie vs. Miss Natural

This match was a result of the WLW Ladies Title match at Breakdown where Miss Natural’s in-ring mistakes led to Josie losing her championship. Josie rejected a pre-match apology from Miss Natural and made quick work of her less talented opponent. She capped off the beat down with a high-impact bulldog and the pin fall.

Winner: Josie

Both men were eager to get this match underway and started things off with some great mat wrestling. Neither man was really able to get the upper hand until Chism caught Steve with a devastating elbow smash that caused a gash above the Superstar’s left eye. Still reeling from the blow, it looked like Steve was down and out until his manager Johnny Gold bashed Chism from behind with a steel chair while the ref was checking on the cut. Realizing his opportunity Steve glided across the ring for the cover and the easy three count, celebrating with Gold while the “Wildman” lay dazed in the middle of the ring.

Winner: Superstar Steve

WLW Ladies Title Match

Quick filler match here as Lacey retained her title with authority, easily dispatching the far less talented Savage in less than five minutes. She put her challenger away with a vicious Implant DDT and celebrated in the ring, blowing kisses to the crowd and showing her belt off while Savage left the ring.

Winner: Lacey

Steel managed to retain his belt in what was easily the match of the night. ‘Fuji’s high-risk, high-impact offense and innovative mat work caught Ace off guard at first, but the champ was soon able to rally back with some creative reversals and big right hands. Late in the match Steel managed to duck a clothesline attempt by his challenger and follow up with a Yakuza-style kick that seemed to knock ‘Fuji out cold. Without hesitation the champ covered his adversary for the victory as trainers rushed to the ring to attend to the fallen NOAH star.

44% Overall Rating - $4520 at the gate, 226 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

TO: Harley Race

DATE: August 1, 2006

SUBJECT: WLW Report for July 2006

We need to find a way to change our financial outlook as we lost money for the second month in a row. We ended up over $130,000 in the hole last month, leaving us with just over $300,000 in the bank. A few more months like this and we’ll be out of cash and looking for new jobs. On the bright side we did improve our public standing quite a bit over the course of the month. There has even been rumors of us expanding to a regional promotion, which would certainly help us draw bigger crowds.

As far as our roster is concerned there was a fair amount of action this month. Obviously Naomichi Marufuji will be going back to NOAH for a while, at least until their next tour is over. He seemed to enjoy working for us and we should try to bring him back as soon as we can. Heather Savage has apparently been battling with a drug habit and has checked herself into rehab. We’ve decided to keep her on the payroll for now since it wouldn’t be right to dump one of our stars while they’re dealing with personal issues. We’ll have to address her position in the company when she makes her recovery. Finally, we managed to bring in Nick Nemeth to wrestle a few dates for us. He was last featured on WWE television as Nicky of the Spirit Squad, but he’s been looking for work since being fired for budget reasons.

Guest blank12345

WLW Summer Showdown Report - August 4, 2006

The show started off with Harley Race in the ring chatting it up with the fans who were all enjoying the great weather and tasty grub from the comfort of various patio furniture that had been set up around the ring. A few minutes into his speech he was interrupted by “Nasty” Nick Nemeth, WLW’s newest signing and former WWE superstar. Nemeth made it clear that he planned on making his presence felt and becoming the WLW Heavyweight champ, even if it meant taking out Race himself. The two men then got into a heated argument that ended with Race cocking back for a big right hand before Nemeth hit the canvas and rolled outside to safety. Harley apologized to the fans for the interruption and segued into the first match, a six-man tag featuring some of WLW’s youngest wrestlers. 54%

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Dakota, Jason Bates, & Mason Hunter vs. Derek McQuinn, Daniel Flynn, & Travis T-Money

This was basically a throwaway match to showcase some of WLW’s younger and less talented workers. Each man got in a signature spot or two before McQuinn took control of the match, eventually pinning Dakota following a quick spear. The crowd wasn’t too excited and it really hurt the match.

Winners: Derek McQuinn, Daniel Flynn, & Travis T-Money 54%, 14%, 59%

Following the six-man there was a short bikini contest (it was “Summer Showdown” after all) featuring Miss Natural and Little Jeanne. The whole thing was pretty well received and Miss Natural won the crowd over for the win. Afterwards both of the contestants met with the fans at ringside before returning to the back. 52%

Besore & Godecker© vs. Ty Dalton & Angelo

This was a pretty good tag match with plenty of good psychology, but not much action. The champs looked far more determined than their opponents and it paid off when Angelo tripped while trying to break up a pin attempt on his partner, leading to Godecker scoring the pin fall on Dalton. After the match Ty chewed out his partner before shoving him to the mat and heading to the back, possibly signifying problems for the former champs.

Winners: Besore & Godecker 41%, 27%, 55%

Next up was a quick pre-match interview with “Wildman” Wade Chism where he continued his feud with Superstar Steve and hyped up the fact that Steve’s manager Johnny Gold would be banned from ringside for their match. Nothing much to note, just a short and sweet way to keep the fans interested. 57%

As stated before Johnny Gold was banned from ringside, forcing Superstar Steve to go it alone. Lots of great action in this match with Wade laying on the stiff right hands and Steve trying to outwrestle the “Wildman” on the mat. After a few momentum shifts Chism managed to catch his opponent with a huge Samoan drop that allowed him to get the three count. However, as Chism was getting his hand raised Gold came running out from the back and attacked him from behind, setting up a two-on-one beat down that was broken up by several backstage officials including Harley Race. Wade looked pretty banged up and had to be helped to the back by Race and one of the trainers.

Winner: “Wildman” Wade Chism 62%, 51%, 74%

After all the chaos following the last match died down Rick Steiner made his way down to the ring for his title shot with a mic in hand. Once in the ring he gave a short promo about how he should have won the vacant WLW Heavyweight Title at Breakdown and how Ace Steel wasn’t fit to shine his boots. Just as the fans were starting to boo Steiner out of the ring Steel came running out from the back and the bell rang for the main event. 69%

Falls Count Anywhere Match For The WLW Heavyweight Title

Ace Steel© vs. Rick Steiner

This was a pretty intense match that utilized the outdoor setting of the event to great effect as both men brawled in and out of the crowd and all around the set. Steiner in particular seemed to be in his element, keeping a hold of Ace for most of the match and dominating the action outside of the ring. However, once the “Dog Faced Gremlin” got Steel back in the ring the tide was turned and the champ made a big comeback, culminating in a vicious “Steel Spike” DDT that almost put Steiner out for good. Following a quick two-count Steel went to the top rope for a massive flying elbow drop that allowed him to pick up the win via pin fall and retain his title to the cheers of the crowd.

Winner: Ace Steel 66%, 57%, 75%

56% Overall Rating - $4560 at the gate, 228 paid

Edited by blank12345

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Episode 8 - August 5, 2006

The show opened up with Johnny Gold and Superstar Steve in the ring taunting the fans. Gold went into a long speech about his “Solid Gold Sensation” and how together they’re going to end Chism’s career once and for all. The fans were obviously livid about this and Gold played it up, talking about how the “Wildman” was still under medical care and might not be able to wrestle for months. Changing gears he let the fans know that the “Superstar” would be in action against Dakota following the commercial break. 55%

Superstar Steve vs. Dakota

This was your typical TV squash match with Steve getting almost all the offense and planting Dakota’s face into the mat with a high-impact DDT for the three count. After the match Gold and Steve insulted the crowd one last time and made their way to the back, crossing Harley Race on the way.

Winner: Superstar Steve 44%, 23%, 66%

Once Harley got into the ring he let the fans know that Wade Chism’s condition wasn’t as bad as Gold would lead them to believe and that the “Wildman” should be ready to return to the ring in a few weeks. He also addressed his confrontation with Nick Nemeth at the previous night’s show, stating that while he didn’t agree with Nemeth’s actions he would be granting him a shot at Ace Steel at Total Destruction on September 30th. Race ended his promo with a thanks to the fans and one last plug for Total Destruction. 56%

Following Race’s speech their appeared to be a problem with the broadcast, causing the station to run an extended commercial break while they dealt with the issue. The show came back on just in time for the last segment. 0%

Ty Dalton v. Angelo

The last match saw the former tag champs square off with one another at the request of Dalton due to the miscue during their match the previous night. The match was pretty much even until Johnny Gold returned from the back to distract the ref while Superstar Steve came in from the crowd to hit Angelo with a superkick. Gold abandoned his ruse as Dalton covered his former partner for the win and then proceeded to lay a beating on him with Gold and the “Superstar.” The show ended with Dalton standing hand in hand with his partners in crime as Angelo was out cold on the canvas.

Winner: Ty Dalton 47%, 21%, 73%

41% Overall Rating - 0.18 TV Rating - $1545 at the gate, 103 paid

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Episode 9 - August 12, 2006

Things started off with a taped promo by Wade Chism, apparently from his home where he’s resting up after the beat down he suffered at “Summer Showdown.” He assured the fans that he was going to be ok and that he’d be returning to the ring as soon as he could to get his revenge on Superstar Steve and his pal Johnny Gold. 57%

Hellena Heavenly vs. Josie

Not much of a match here as two of WLW’s less talented ladies clashed in a relatively short bout. Heavenly managed to get Josie with a schoolgirl pin for the victory. Basically a filler match.

Winner: Hellena Heavenly 32%, 28%, 36%

Coming back from commercial break we see Johnny Gold and Superstar Steve in the ring. Gold continues to hype up Steve before telling the fans that he managed to convince another future star to join his cause and that he was waiting in the back. Gold then called for his new charge to come out to the ring and as expected Ty Dalton’s music began as he walked through the curtain to the ring. Gold then pushed his new stable to the fans, calling them the Solid Gold Sensations and warning the rest of the WLW locker room to be on the lookout. 52%

Next we get a shot of WLW newcomer Nick Nemeth getting ready for his match against Jason Bates. On his way out to the ring he bumps into Ace Steel who isn’t too happy and they get into a scuffle. Some backstage staff break it up and Nemeth continues to the ring while telling Steel that his days as champ are numbered. 55%

“Nasty” Nick Nemeth vs. Jason Bates

Brutal squash match that saw Nemeth laying the wood to Bates in everyway you could think of. Nemeth refused to pin Bates early on even though it was obvious he could get a three count, choosing instead to send a message to everyone in the back that he was for real. After about five minutes of solid destruction Nemeth finally collected his win and celebrated to a chorus of boos as the show came to an end.

Winner: “Nasty” Nick Nemeth 38%, 29%, 47%

45% Overall Rating - 0.17 TV Rating - $1545 at the gate, 103 paid

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Episode 10 - August 19, 2006

We get another taped promo to start the show off this week, this time from Superstar Steve and his manager Johnny Gold. They basically ragged on Chism and hyped up the newly formed Solid Gold Sensations (or “The SGS” as Gold put it). Apparently they’re not done recruiting members, so it should be interesting who they pick up next. 55%

Ty Dalton vs. Mason Hunter

Quick squash here as Dalton picked up the win with a DDT. It looked like Hunter wasn’t really into it and it kind of hurt the match, but you can’t expect too much from a match like this.

Winner: Ty Dalton 46%, 24%, 48%

After the match Dalton and his new manager Johnny Gold sent a message to Angelo, telling him to watch his back. It should be interesting to see where this goes, but the crowd isn’t extremely interested in the feud yet. It needs some time to heat up. 49%

“Nasty” Nick Nemeth vs. Dakota

Yet another squash match as it seems WLW TV has transformed from more of a talent showcase to an old-school hype show, not that that’s a bad thing necessarily. Nemeth is really looking strong and has been getting more camera time than any of Steel’s challengers yet. Maybe it’s time for a shakeup? Nemeth, of course, picked up the easy win following a jarring lariat for the three count.

Winner: “Nasty” Nick Nemeth 43%, 28%, 59%

The show closed with a post-match rant by Nemeth. It mostly focused on his mission to take the title belt off Steel at any cost, even if he has to beat every other WLW star on his way to “Total Destruction.” Good build up, but not the best mic work. 48%

48% Overall Rating - 0.17 TV Rating - $1545 at the gate, 103 paid

Guest blank12345

WLW TV Episode 11 - August 26, 2006

Angelo vs. Travis T-Money

Decent little match between two of WLW’s younger workers. Nothing great, but nothing awful either. Angelo picked up the win with a superkick only to be ambushed by his former tag partner Ty Dalton and his fellow SGS members. Officials managed to break things up before too much damage was done, but Angelo was slightly bloody as he was helped to the back.

Winner: Angelo 35%, 19%, 51%

Next up was a quick promo for “Total Destruction” featuring Harley Race. This was your standard “big event” sell with Race running down the card and hyping the WLW Heavyweight Title match between Ace Steel and Nick Nemeth. With just over a month to go things are starting to shape up nicely, it should be a good show. 63%

Following a commercial break we got another taped vignette with the SGS members, this time running down Angelo. Dalton apparently won’t rest until his former partner is gone from WLW and his new found friends are going to help him accomplish his goal. Things don’t look good for Angelo because these guys have been on fire lately. 49%

“Nasty” Nick Nemeth vs. Mason Hunter

The third Nemeth squash on WLW TV in as many weeks makes it seem like Nemeth is destined for something big in the near future. Hunter was by far the best at selling for the newcomer out of all his recent opponents and that really made this match shine. Nemeth’s lariat again signaled the end of the match and the number one contender celebrated his victory as we left for a commercial break.

Winner: “Nasty” Nick Nemeth 48%, 33%, 64%

Last segment of the night was a taped Ace Steel promo warning Nemeth about what could happen to him at “Total Destruction.” Steel reminded his opponent that he’s been undefeated since he won the title and doesn’t plan to start losing now. Steel came across strong in this video and it seems like it was a good idea to have him act as the centerpiece of the promotion. 67%

54% Overall Rating - 0.16 TV Rating - $1590 at the gate, 106 paid