KEITH CLARK VS AARON MAIDEN

WEST WING FINALS

Keith Clark vs Aaron Maiden

Story: An advertising campaign by a popular fast food chain has been launched, bragging about their newest 'supersized' meal. Their advertisements involve the meal sized up to massive proportions-- much larger then the actual meal itself, the size only used to get the point across of course-- and you're one of the people working on the production of an image advertisement for online websites!

Basic Rules: Pick any fast food chain you want to, and supersize a meal of theirs. Don't just supersize it to normal standards though-- we're talking HUGE. I'm wanting to see World Trade Center sized French Fries, things like that.

Restrictions: MUST be a massive version of some sort of fast food franchise's meal.

Size: None, just don't make the size of your graphic as rediculously huge as the meal within it would be.

Deadline: June 5th, 2006

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is that JCB being driven by nobody?

I think both are good, and both have thought pretty much the same thing and gone the same way, but I prefer Aaron's because it's slightly less crowded and looks better as a medium for advertisement; whereas Keith has gone overboard and tried to throw in the whole meal, when that wasn't really needed.

But that's just from looking at it, I haven't a clue which is better graphically.

Guest muddatrucker

The problem with Aarons is that its too much of whats being asked, like its the exact example that the rules attempt and basically its just a cut of a burger slapped next to a skyline, I think Keiths showed more originality and he made more of an effort to make a graphic.

My problem with Keith's isn't that he's done too much, I actually love that he did an entire meal, it's just that as an advertisement the dirt and such in the background would take away from the meal being very appetizing. Not a graphical thing, but it really detracts from the advertisement part. The helicopter/burger part is brilliant, however.

Aaron's looks much better. Its a lot more polished and it looks a lot more like an actual advert.

My problem with Keith's (as covered earlier) is that you've set the scene in some run-down construction site which is a big no-no when you're trying to positively advertise something. It gives the wrong connotations, "We made this out of the crap around us." Now if the advert was supposed to be truthful, huge marks for you there, but it wasn't. Now if the setting was some metropolis or place of wonder (burger pyramid anyone?) instead of a heap of mud and incompleted buildings then maybe the advert would be better than Aaron's.

If there was a vote here, then I'd vote Aaron.

Edited by God-Awful