Monkey Island

THE CEO

One of the best games I've ever played is Monkey Island. Pure classic mixing adventure and puzzles with humour and generating a fun gaming experience. It's amazing how it came out in 1988 and continues to be fresh.

Recently I downloaded ScummVM so I can play it on modern computers.

P.S Does anyone know where I can download "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis"? I've looked everywhere. Or if someone has the game, can they send it to: taylora67@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

I downloaded ScummVM to try and run them on my iBook and it wouldn't work. Curses.

They are my favourite series of games, though. I don't rate MI2 as highly as some people, though, although it is still excellent.

I've played and completed all four of them, and while Curse is my favourite Secret is probably the over all best. I'll agree with Skumfrog that some people rate Le Chuck's revenge a little too highly, but it's still a fantastic game and has an amazing ending chapter. I was slightly disappointed with the PS2 installment, but that was only because it was slightly too easy and visually sucked compared to it's 2D counterparts.

The Monkey Island games are without doubt the funniest games in existance. I laughed through all 4 of them, non stop. I remember after beating the banjo duel in the third, just sitting for hours listening to the guys solo :P

I agree, Escape, the most recent, is probably the weakest overall, but there are still some awesome jokes in it. the whole "theres something fishy on Melee Island" bit jumps to mind, as well as "That pig shaped bush frightens and confuses me" (I just finished it again yesterday :P)

I remember a few years back, when the Bounty Pack was out, with the first three together came out I was so happy to get them all again, then I lost it, and now Im a sad sad man :'( And I never could get ScummVM to work :(

How can I get this game on PC, the very first one I mean? It was my favourite game as a child and I particuarly remember following an old man through the woods to meet up with a woman who was the "Sword Master" or something. You had to beat her in a war of words to get something or other. The furthest I ever got was meeting some cannibals on the island sadly...would be awesome to finish it all thse years later.

One was ace, to this day I still think two is better, three's a bit naff but that island with the volcano is alright, four is a poor mans Grim Fandango, which was ace. Make Grim Fandango 2!

I reckon 3 was almost on a par with 1, and had the look and feel down perfect, graphically, only for 4 to ruin that by going 3D. 2 just lacked something that 1 and 3 both had, I think.

I've never played four, but I liked the first three a lot. Games of that genre were so good back than, and it required so much more thinking than games now.

Oh, and the best part of two is the lightswitch.

I've got a disk with Monkey1 and Monkey2 on them. It's all you need really. Monkey Island 2 isn't underrated and easily stands up alongside the original, especially with the spitting contest and the fancy dress party at the Governor's Mansion.....and the BIG WHOOP of course (and THAT end sequence)

I love Monkey Island, probably my favourite game series of all time. The first 3 are excellent, I wasn't really a big fan of the 3D aspect of 4, but it's still not a bad game. The 3rd game is probably my favourite though, I just think it's the funniest.

Monkey Island 1 & 2 are two of my favourite games ever. Could just be rose-tinted specs and all, but both were just sooo damn funny. You know what would rock? A compilation pack for the DS. I know there was the bounty pack for the PC, but just release all 4 games in a widely-available compilation already if no more are gonna be made. I don't care what system it's on, it just needs doing. Gaming history demands it.