Marching band covers are the best kind of covers

Cactus Drags

I love how marching bands reinterpret popular songs, although they seem hard to come by online. I have one cover of Fall Out Boy's Grand Theft Autumn, and a bonus track on The Offspring's Hit That single was a recording of the USC marching band of Hit That. I'm sure I've heard others, but none come to mind. Anyone else a fan of this kind of stuff and could maybe point me on the right path to get some more tracks?

I love how marching bands reinterpret popular songs, although they seem hard to come by online. I have one cover of Fall Out Boy's Grand Theft Autumn, and a bonus track on The Offspring's Hit That single was a recording of the USC marching band of Hit That. I'm sure I've heard others, but none come to mind. Anyone else a fan of this kind of stuff and could maybe point me on the right path to get some more tracks?

The first one that comes to mind was when Fleetwood Mac had the USC marching band perform with them a few times for various songs.

I remember my marching band performed a quick cover of Sabbath's "Into The Void" which just kicked all kinds of ass. Our section leaders worked it out, and we never let the band director know what song it was (his Baptist backside would have had a FIT. He flipped when we proposed transcribing a Creed song, for eff's sake.)

I've been searching for a Renegades of Funk cover by a Marching Band... no luck thus far.

Not to get your hopes up, but I think I may have a tape of our drum line and trumpets doing our quick, goofing-off-during-practice version of it.

With a certain short guy on vocals :)

• 2 weeks later...