Recommended Nintendo DS games

Lord Nibbler

Might pick up the new DS Lite when it comes out on the 23rd, but I'm not sure what games to get. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart are pretty much must-have games, what else would y'all suggest?

I've heard good things about;

Metroid Prime: Hunters

New Super Mario Bros.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Sonic Rush

Super Mario 64 DS

Electroplankton

Kirby Canvas Curse

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll

Ridge Racer DS

Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

The Urbz: Sims in the City

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

I'm not sure about getting some of the weirder games, like Phoenix Wright, Electroplankton or Trauma Center.

Metroid Prime: Hunters

New Super Mario Bros.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Sonic Rush

Super Mario 64 DS

Electroplankton

Kirby Canvas Curse

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll

Ridge Racer DS

Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

The Urbz: Sims in the City

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Resident Evil DS

Games in bold are ones you should buy.

Hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread, but no point in making another DS one.

Like HD, I'm considering getting a DS Lite soon after it's released, but there's a few things I'm a bit apprehensive about. There's a lot of games out there at the moment that are pretty good and would be worth getting, probably get some of them reasonably cheap too, so it's all good there.

What's worrying me is the seeming lack of games due out that I would wanna pick up. Now, I'm not an RPG fan, so they're no good, and I'm certainly not a Pokemon fan, so anything Poke-releated is irrelevant too. All I can see beyond the summer is mostly kids games and crappy film tie-ins, which I won't be buying.

I know the games will last a while with Wi-Fi play and the like, but the long term line-up is what's bothering me. There is a distinct lack of games aimed at someone like me who's 21 years old. I don't want all my games to be violence-fests like Resident Evil, but something a little more "grown up" than crap like Over The Hedge, Cars, Scooby Doo and the like. Anything good due before Christmas that someone can make me aware of and convince me to get one of these things? I sooooo badly want to want one, but I need to know there's stuff that's gonna come out that justifies me buying it.

Even GBA stuff that would work on it would be nice, although I think that's looking even worse than the DS line-up.

I know the games will last a while with Wi-Fi play and the like, but the long term line-up is what's bothering me. There is a distinct lack of games aimed at someone like me who's 21 years old. I don't want all my games to be violence-fests like Resident Evil, but something a little more "grown up" than crap like Over The Hedge, Cars, Scooby Doo and the like. Anything good due before Christmas that someone can make me aware of and convince me to get one of these things? I sooooo badly want to want one, but I need to know there's stuff that's gonna come out that justifies me buying it.

The thing about buying a Nintendo-made system is you know they are bringing the quality with the first party games. New SMB is fantastic and there are other games that are fun to play and make use of the touch screen (Pheonix Wright is a prime example of something fun and different).

Edited by Scott McFly

Most of J's suggestions pretty much cover it, albeit I haven't playe Resident Evil. The rest are well worth the purchase and great in their own right.

I'd also recommend Meteos and possibly Warioware. Metreos is the perfect manic puzzler to have on the go. Wariorware is also pretty good, but I did unlock and get almost everything in about 3 hours of straight play. The fun of that game is to beat your scores and such and just mess around.

Not really a Tomb Raider fan to be honest with you. I would just get it for my Xbox if I really wanted it.

Since the DS Lite launch is approaching, has anyone seen any bundle offers that would be appealing? I noticed GameStation's yesterday, which was a DS Lite (white or black) with 1 free game from Marvel Nemesis, Chronicles Of Narnia, Fifa Street 2 or Burnout Legends. Yeah, pretty dire selection. So yeah, anyone seen anything better than that advertised?

I'm going to try this again, from now on all requests for recommended video games and other things go in this thread, please, anyone help out as much as possible with these. I'm going to issue a warning now, use this thread because I'm bored of seeing the same threads crop up over and over, from now on, two failures to use this thread will result in a warning.

So yeah, let's start this off, can anyone tell me whether it's worth getting a PSP now or is there a price drop before Christmas?

It's pretty likely that there'll be a price drop around christmas, so it's probably best to wait a while before getting one. Plus by waiting, you'll be able to take advantage of the January sales a few weeks later and get games on the cheap instead of forking out for them now.

Last I heard about it was back in March on IGN.com

*edit*

found the link...

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/696/696052p1.html

I'm pretty sure they'll get round to it eventually, and they should as the prospect of playing FF while sitting on the bus makes me want to get one even more :)

Edited by Xero Gravity

That was my first thought too, Final Fantasy VII on the move would be perfect for me, it's a game I constantly think about playing when I'm out, but by the time I get home I've got other plans or desire to do/play something else, it makes me sad because, bar FF9 and Tekken, it's my favourite game :(

Not bad, but I can get 10% of the Lite itself from my work (Woolies), so I'd be getting it for £90 - effectively overpricing Mario Kart at £30 in that GAME bundle. Would help if I could find out what bundle we're actually gonna be doing, but I'm crap at snooping about. <_<

I read something that said the new Tekken was coming out november. It was in a magazine. Might not be 100% reliable.

Anyways, a good new rpg for PS2? The latest ive played was the new Dragon Quest (which I loved) and im thinking about picking up Radiata Stories. So any help?

I read something that said the new Tekken was coming out november. It was in a magazine. Might not be 100% reliable.

Anyways, a good new rpg for PS2? The latest ive played was the new Dragon Quest (which I loved) and im thinking about picking up Radiata Stories. So any help?

Never trust any Tekken release date unless they say it's a month away.