Simple Songs To Practice With On Guitar?

Dr. Rated-R

Okay, I bought an acoustic guitar from eBay recently, and it arrived today. Since I've pretty much mastered the opening riff to "Come As You Are" and "Smoke on the Water", seemingly the two most widely played "newbie" songs, what are some other simple songs that are worth getting tabs of and practicing for a total newbie?

If it helps, my favorite artists are Audioslave, Soundgarden, RHCP, Tool, A Perfect Circle, the White Stripes, Jeff Buckley, Jason Mraz, and Jonathan Richman. Something easy from any of the aforementioned would be awesome, although I'd imagine a lot of their work is WAY above what I can do at this point.

Acoustic?

See Bob Dylan, circa 1962-1964, for some simple yet beautiful songs. Then see the album "Blood on the Tracks" for some slightly more complex yet even more beautiful songs.

All other acoustic songs are frankly insignificant by comparison. Fuck Greenday, play Dylan.

Acoustic?

See Bob Dylan, circa 1962-1964, for some simple yet beautiful songs. Then see the album "Blood on the Tracks" for some slightly more complex yet even more beautiful songs.

All other acoustic songs are frankly insignificant by comparison. Fuck Greenday, play Dylan.