Your footballing hero?

Liam

Alan Shearer no doubt about it. I'm not like those Newcastle fans that are like "OH MY GOD!! SHEARER IS GOD"...but he's definately a couple of steps below the pope (:shifty:). He's not the cleanest player as Liam said. Anyone remember when he hoofed Neil Lennon in the face? he's not the most beautiful player to watch either, but he definately gets the job done. Back in the day he was easily one of the best strikers ever to have played the game. He would score consistently,whether it be for England, Blackburn or Newcastle. In recent years he has been nowhere near as consistent, injuries and age catching up with him. But when needed, he was always there to pick up a goal. Whilst I am dissapointed he never did win a trophy with Newcastle, I am pleased he at least won something in his career, because he deserved it.

Alan Shearer is pretty much the most influential man in football. Some may argue, but say if Man Utd dropped Rooney, sure the fans would be pissed but I doubt Ferguson's job would be on the line because of it. The reason why he is so popular is because he's got the whole "Tough as nails, geordie bloke" thing going on. Which makes him seem like a normal bloke. Far from a prima-dona, thus helping him get his legendary status up here.

Basically, Alan Shearer is the dogs bollocks.

And Fastino Asprilla is also my legend. Not for his on-the-pitch skills but for the whole "He's going to join Darlington" fiasco a few years back. All I remember was him being on the local news, standing there totally not interested as the crooked Darlington chairman was interviewed in the stadium carpark...a week later he'd fucked off...bwahahaaa

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Gascoigne

Robbie Keane

Paul Gascoigne This man only played only played a few years for Spurs but still is one of my hero's. Gascoigne was an entertainer and played football because he loved it, he's one of the players that "would play for nothing". I was 1 or 2 when he signed but through old videos ive seen the Legend of Gascoigne. Ok beating his wife was a huge mistake but if you look past that you seen an amazing player and someone that you could tell was enjoying himself.

Robbie Keane Where to start. My hero, He is the reason im still proud to support Spurs. Is he the best goalscorer ? no, is he a monster in the air ? no is he a better goalscorer than Defoe or Berbatov ? not at all. Afterall the critism he gets if he doesnt score for a few games, there's a section of the crowd where he can do nothing wrong because of the skill, the tricks, the fact he loves playing football and ENTERTAINS fans. I mean Defoe is a great striker but isnt as entertaining and I would much rather be entertained at a game than see us win every game 1-0. He joined a club in turmoil in 2002, we were looking at a season of Sheringham as our main striker at 33/34, our whole squad was ageing and we was still crying over RSol Campbell going down the road to the Gooners, Robbie was a breathe of fresh air and played the Tottenham way. I will be very upset if he ever leaves The Lane because he is my sporting hero.