Billy Talent II

Cactus Drags

It's fucking awesome, I do believe I have a new favourite band. Perfect World is probably my favourite track right now, although Devil In A Midnight Mass, Surrender, This Suffering and The Navy Song are also highlights. Fuck it, the whole album's a highlight. It's so good it's made me start listening to the first album again, which was also fantastic. Apparently it's split the hardcore fanbase a bit because it's less screamy and more emotional (not necessarily 'emo'), but I love it anyway.

The Navy Song...I don't have a Navy Song on my version. :o

I'm loving Devil In A Midnight Mass, Where Is The Line, In The Fall (Which is actually "The Navy Song"...the new name sucks), Perfect World, Sympathy and Burn The Evidence.

Devil In a Midnight Mass, Where is The line and Burn The Evidence especially.

I much prefer this album to the first. Which suffered from the "2 moderate-to-poor songs for every 1 good song" syndrome. IMO.

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

I wanted to go see them, but nobody 'cool' I know would go with me. :( Most don't like Billy Talent, have never heard of Billy Talent or were at a birthday party that night...who's fucking birthday? And why am I not there? :(

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

The Navy Song...I don't have a Navy Song on my version. :o

I'm loving Devil In A Midnight Mass, Where Is The Line, In The Fall (Which is actually "The Navy Song"...the new name sucks), Perfect World, Sympathy and Burn The Evidence.

Devil In a Midnight Mass, Where is The line and Burn The Evidence especially.

I much prefer this album to the first. Which suffered from the "2 moderate-to-poor songs for every 1 good song" syndrome. IMO.

I sort of went to see Billy Talent on Wedneday but didn't actually see them...

I met Jamie from Reuben in the merch area, got my photo taken with him, watched Reuben then went home. I didn't stay for Billy Talent :/

It's weird, I'm not actually that overly bothered that I didn't stay for them. I'll probably buythe album when I get paid though.

FUCKING HELL! Reuben were supporting them too. :( I'm not a total Reuben mark like everyone else seemingly is, but they do have some good songs, and would be worth seeing. Gay.

The Navy song is a gay name.

And to Dragsy. My problem is that I much prefer Billy Talent's 'softer' songs. Which are a lot more common on the second album. And some of the songs just don't settle right with me. Like "The Ex". I LOVE the riff, but the rest of the song, just doesn't settle right. Plus the vocals just don't seem to fit in certain songs.

But the second album is pretty much near perfect. There's a couple of songs that still don't settle right, I'm not fond of "Red Flag" for example. But it's a much better listen IMO. There's some great songs on the first album, "How It Goes", "Try Honesty", "Voices Of Violence", "River Below" etc. But the rest sometimes fall a bit flat, well to me anyway. I can't really explain why I dislike them I guess. I just don't. Because certain songs I like because of the singers unique scream, others I hate because of it.

I met Jamie from Reuben in the merch area, got my photo taken with him, watched Reuben then went home. I didn't stay for Billy Talent :/

It's weird, I'm not actually that overly bothered that I didn't stay for them. I'll probably buythe album when I get paid though.

But the second album is pretty much near perfect. There's a couple of songs that still don't settle right, I'm not fond of "Red Flag" for example.

The demo version of Red Flag is much better. It's not a whole lot different but what is different makes a big change IMO. I LOVE the demo version of the song, I like the album version but I don't think it's as good. I also preferred the demo version of Devil In A Midnight Mass, but the changes on that one don't bother me as much as in Red Flag.

Overall I also think it's a great album, not a bad song on it. I prefer the album as a whole compared to the first, but I think the first has individual songs that are better than individual songs on II. If that makes sense.

why the fuck would you get tickets and then leave after the support? I understand you went to see Reuben, but it's not like it's costing you more to stay and see the headliners? That'd really fuck me off if I found a gig was sold out and people had done that :/

I'm surprised a little about how big a backing Billy Talent have, as I'd not really heard much about them aside from "Try Honesty" back in the day.

What I've heard of this album though has been really solid...bnot totally my thing, but a good listen, definitely.