NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Pretty damn sad to see my Colts get dropped from talk of an undefeated season (again) to not even looking at a first-round bye. People can talk about Bob Sanders til they're blue in the face, but they really, really miss Corey Simon and his giant space-eating ass in the middle of the d-line. With him, they wouldn't be getting nearly so pushed around.

...yeah they would.

does this loss to the Texans finally mean we can stop talking about Peyton Manning as God's gift to football? He's a good QB yeah, but look at his receivers, he wouldn't be nearly as good without Harrison AND Wayne. Factor in Stokeley and co as well and he's spoiled for choice for passing options, unlike a lot of quarterbacks. And the constant choking in the big games is not exactly a characteristic of a legendary quarterback either.

And don't forget the stellar O-Line.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting on the riots when Matt Millen takes another receiver. :shifty:

But seriously, QB is the last position the Lions need to worry about, at least with a #1 pick. I've been pleasantly surprised by Jon Kitna for most of this season.

Neither Flutie or Moon were chokers, and had either been on the Colts in their respective primes, they would have won a Super Bowl.

Dan Marino would have too, his teams were terrible.

I'd give you Marino, but Warren "8 seasons of more than 16 picks AND never even made a Conference Championship Game AND coughed up a 35-3 lead in 25 minutes" Moon and Doug "never even won a playoff game" Flutie? These two guys aren't chokers? But Peyton Manning gets derailed by loaded defenses in New England and Pittsburgh, and he is a choker?

Honestly, people are taking the Peyton hate just a bit too far.

And Moon's "not decent" lines had Mike Munchak (Hall-of-Famer) and Bruce Matthews (likely Hall-of-Famer). Who off of Indy's lines looks like a Hall-of-Famer? Not Tarik "Mr. False Start" Glenn, that's for sure.

Jason Taylor lost my defensive MVP vote today (not that I have one.) He basically was campaigning against Merriman saying that a player that failed a test shouldn't even be in the league, let alone getting awards. He also made one good point in saying that it is sending the wrong message, but in Merriman's case I don't see anything wrong with it. You have to look at everything on a case by case basis. Merriman took some supplements that got him in trouble and is sueing the company for not listing it on the bottle, and another guy on the Saints tested positive because of allergy medication. So I think Taylor is just trying to win the individual award and comes off very bad in his statements. I think they are petty and beneath him for being such a talented player.

Jason Taylor lost my defensive MVP vote today (not that I have one.) He basically was campaigning against Merriman saying that a player that failed a test shouldn't even be in the league, let alone getting awards. He also made one good point in saying that it is sending the wrong message, but in Merriman's case I don't see anything wrong with it. You have to look at everything on a case by case basis. Merriman took some supplements that got him in trouble and is sueing the company for not listing it on the bottle, and another guy on the Saints tested positive because of allergy medication. So I think Taylor is just trying to win the individual award and comes off very bad in his statements. I think they are petty and beneath him for being such a talented player.

Yeah I read the article too and just wondered why the hell you would say that publicly. Yeah, his point would be well taken if Merriman's suspension was just him taking steroids, but it isn't. I've never liked Taylor, I thought he was good, but people gave him too much credit. And my vote still would've gone to Merriman because even missing four games, he's tied for the league lead in sacks.