NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Fuck, I swore I'd never cheer for Philly, ever. But I was a big fan of Garcia back in San Fran, I even have his 9ners jersey, so I find it hard not to get behind the team. I really don't give a shit who wins this year, as the Steelers are playing golf right now, but I'd would be happy to see Philly win, hoping that Garcia can go somewhere else and really restart his career. I mean, he's made a great case for teams looking for a QB next season, but man, a Super Bowl would put Garcia back on the map big time. Just not Oakland. Please not in Oakland. I know Culpepper is worth too much money for Miami to give up on, especially with such little play this season, but man, Garcia would be an amazing fit for the Fins.

On the flipside, I am a big Plaxico Burress fan (I have his Steelers jersey and still rock it, even though my closet also contains a Ward jersey as well) and I was happy to see him have a great game today. It was nice to see that Burress could have a big game AND the Giants lost as well.

Overall, Brian Westbrook is an animal.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots need to control the clock by running the ball and hitting the quick passes for four or five yards. This will get that blitz-happy defense to creep up and allow Brady to go over the middle to his tight ends and slot receivers for big gains. On defense, the Patriots need to really cut down Tomlinson's yards-per-carry Force Philip Rivers into third-and-five, third-and-four situations and then bring the heat with a contain linebacker for a screen situation. Contain Tomlinson, confuse Rivers, you beat their offense. I think the Patriots have more play makers right now then the Chargers and have enough talent on their lines to beat anyone. You have to take into consideration that the Chargers had the bye to rest, so who knows what they will actually come out doing. I see the Patriots winning a in a medium-scoring, tight affair. Probably 24-20, perhaps 20-17.
Edited by Ze

So...where's the line between "This guy is athletic, we'll draft him as a QB" and "This guy's athletic, we'll draft him and stick him in at WR/CB/RB/some other non-QB position"? Why do Vick, McNabb, McNair, etc. get to be QBs while Michael Robinson, Matt Jones, Brad Smith, Randle-El, etc. get position changes?

So...where's the line between "This guy is athletic, we'll draft him as a QB" and "This guy's athletic, we'll draft him and stick him in at WR/CB/RB/some other non-QB position"? Why do Vick, McNabb, McNair, etc. get to be QBs while Michael Robinson, Matt Jones, Brad Smith, Randle-El, etc. get position changes?

Detroit fans everywhere are praying Oakland drafts Quinn.

JaMarcus is THE player in this draft.

And similarly, expect the Raider Nation to be praying to whatever gods they pray to that Oakland drafts JaMarcus. Incidentally, when is the NFL Draft set for? I'd like to watch it, honestly.

Late April sometime.

Is Joe Thomas still highly rated by scouts? Because that's where Detroit might want to start with their O-Line if Oakland takes JaMarcus.

And similarly, expect the Raider Nation to be praying to whatever gods they pray to that Oakland drafts JaMarcus. Incidentally, when is the NFL Draft set for? I'd like to watch it, honestly.

Late April sometime.

Is Joe Thomas still highly rated by scouts? Because that's where Detroit might want to start with their O-Line if Oakland takes JaMarcus.

That's where Detroit SHOULD start in the draft. Quinn hasn't looked to be a QB who can single handedly carry a team and Kitna is a good QB who with a decent line can get things done. Drafting someone like Thomas helps Detroit in the area they really need it and does much more for the team than drafting Quinn would at this time. I'm all for the Lions to start looking for a future QB so a late round QB could be worth it.

The Lions don't need a QB, they need O-Line help. I see the Raiders drafting a QB (Probably Quinn, because it makes no sense) but if Troy Smith falls to the Browns and they don't take him... well it won't be a pretty picture.

Troy Smith could fall a long way because of his height really, people had him going Round 3-4, but then he won the Hesiman, and if he puts in a big performance today he could jump even higher ala Vince Young who just hasn't stopped playing great since his National Championship game a year ago.

Edited by IAceI

Troy Smith could fall a long way because of his height really, people had him going Round 3-4, but then he won the Hesiman, and if he puts in a big performance today he could jump even higher ala Vince Young who just hasn't stopped playing great since his National Championship game a year ago.
Edited by ACCBiggz

Naw I'm pretty sure both are seeing a raise in stock late on in the season. VY wasn't the high pick he was until late on, much like Troy Smith, and he really solidified his high pick thanks to his tremendous showing in the Rose Bowl - which could help Troy Smith.

You're saying yourself, Cleveland are feeling pressured to pick Smith - and if he has a great match tonight, it could boost those chances even more.

Trust me, Smith at the beginning of the season was a late first, early third pick.... with consistent performance throughout the season he has risen to mid-first possibly earlier. There is no VY comparison to Smith, the only comparison that has been made was him and Brees. The only reason Cleveland was pressured into this was because that is where Smith is from and being an OSU kid too...

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah