NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Biggz, I asked about Briggs, and they are going to make another effort. Briggs said he wanted to make more then Urlacher does (Urlacher signed a 9 year, 56 million deal with a 13 million bonus in 2003). But, Urlacher told Angelo that he wanted to restructure his contract if it meant that Briggs could be resigned. Of course they won't talk during the playoffs, but after the Bears season ends I'm guessing talks will start almost right away.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being superior about anything. I just find it funny that the Rvanes lost. I don't like them (We are, you know, division rivals) and their faliure amuses me.

It's Art Modell's fault. That fucking prick.

This is the second straight week Manning hasn't looked impressive at all, yet they've won. I don't know what to make of that,actually. I don't know if maybe the AFC was over-rated, or if the Colts were under-rated. Either way, it will be an interesting AFC Title match up whether its the Colts vs Pats or Bolts.

Brian Billick will definitely get fired now...you don't lose this game and keep your job after you've been on the hotseat for a few years, regardless of regular season success.

I'd have to disagree. The Ravens showed a lot of promise this season after he took over the play calling, and while he might have lost today, he does have a proven track record of being able to win the big one. If a couple balls had bounced in favor of Baltimore (such as the lateral that wasn't or Ray Lewis tipping away two interceptions) this game could have been completely different.

Exactly.

We played like shit. But it wasn't a performance from the Colts either. Both defenses showed up today, but if the Baltimore offense didn't make some mistakes we would have won and if Ray hadn't tipped 2 passes we would have won. I'm almost certain about this.

Well I'm glad the Saints won, but the Colts winning pisses me off. I hate Manning, but he's going to get lit up next game, regardless if New England or San Diego wins.

Fact is, Manning done fuck all and got bailed out by a defence that showed up for once. They managed to make the Ravens offence look average, but both defences played well.

Manning can't play well in the play offs, and whoever he plays next will embarras him, and I'll take joy in watching it.

Edited by IAceI

Everyone's saying how Manning will get lit up the next game he plays, but wasn't everyone saying that about the Baltimore/Indy game? I'm not saying he won't, but I would be more scared of Baltimore's defense then the Patriots or the Chargers. They'll have good conditions to play in and the secondary for both of those teams aren't what the Ravens have.

And Manning done basically nothing but hinder the Indianapolis offence all that match and if they come up agaisnt a team like New England they're going up against a play-off team, New England are a team that pretty much morph into a different team in the post season.

San Diego have a good defence as well, it's just their offence is even better.

I agree that the Patriots are a different team, as well as that San Diego has a very talented defense, but I don't think either of them can match up to the Ravens, especially in the secondary.

Manning made a couple good throws to go with his bad ones, so right now he's playing average. Again, I'm not saying his play will change, but you guys are talking like it's automatic that they're going to lose their next game.

Looking to today's games though, I expect Grossman to play well. He's had a long time to prepare and get ready, plus the defense has been able to get healthy. I expect a Bears win, but I don't think they'll cover the spread.

As for the Patriots/Chargers, I think the Chargers will win it by a touchdown. LT is a beast and the Patriots aren't the same, plus I have pure hatred for them.