NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Guest Josef Stallion

lol @ Bears fans acting like Rex Grossman is Jesus last year. I wonder if they're gonna feel the same way this season..

AFC East: Patriots

-Dolphins

-Bills

-Jets

AFC West: Chiefs

- Broncos

- Chargers

- Raiders

AFC South: Jaguars (I fucking said it!!)

- Colts

- Texans

- Titans

AFC North: Steelers

- Ravens

- Bengals

- Browns

NFC East: Cowboys

- Redskins

- Giants

- Eagles

NFC West: Cardinals (I fucking said it!!)

- Seahawks

- Rams

- 49ers

NFC North: Lions (I fucking said it!!)

- Bears

- Vikings

- Packers

NFC South: Panthers

- Falcons

- Buccs

- Saints

No clue about the playoffs, it's so unpredictable this year even in the NFC.

Edited by Josef Stallion

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bosstown Boy

I don't see Arizona taking over Seattle in the NFC West at all this year, but maybe in 2007/2008. As far as the Lions winning the North, I think you're crazy. Who is quarterbacking that club now? Garcia? They may have three (still unproven) first round recievers and a good runningback, but it doesn't matter with no QB. Also, their defense is suspect.

Definately not much of a challenge for the Bears, IMHO.

Guest Josef Stallion

I've got balls. Now that Jurevicius is gone, Seattle's WRs will be back to dropping balls, and losing Steve Hutchinson doesn't help Shaun Alexander at all. And as for the Lions, Jon Kitna is their QB. Yes, their defense sucks. Yes, their WRs suck. Kevin Jones isn't anything special either. And finally: Yes, they suck, but who fucking knows with the NFC North.

You'll all see!

Edited by Josef Stallion

And as for the Lions, Jon Kitna is their QB. Yes, their defense sucks. Yes, their WRs suck. Kevin Jones isn't anything special either. And finally: Yes, they suck, but who fucking knows with the NFC North.

You'll all see!

You're acting as if you're the only one that thinks the Lions will do any well. Lots of people think they'll be improved, mainly because of Mike Martz coming in as offensive co-ordinator. Their WRs do not suck, Rogers and the Williamses will likely excel in a Martz-style offense and Kevin Jones is a decent running back. The addition of Dan Campbell at TE will be a help too. I see them doing better than last year and fighting for the NFC North title with the Bears.

What are you on about with Bears fans acting like Grossman 'is jesus'? I don't see anyone doing that, I see Bears fans saying that Grossman was solid when he wasn't injured, which he was.

Rex did fine against the Falcons last season. No he isn't Jesus, and no; he hasn't had chance to show what he's done, he's missed 95% of his first couple of seasons. If he goes down again this year, then I agree, he's no good to the Bears, but just because he wasn't a Matt Leinart in college doesn't mean he can't be any use in the pro game.

And in the spirit of Josef Stallion; lol @ anyone thinking Detroit is going anywhere but back to the drawing board this year.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Rex did fine against the Falcons last season. No he isn't Jesus, and no; he hasn't had chance to show what he's done, he's missed 95% of his first couple of seasons. If he goes down again this year, then I agree, he's no good to the Bears, but just because he wasn't a Matt Leinart in college doesn't mean he can't be any use in the pro game.

And in the spirit of Josef Stallion; lol @ anyone thinking Detroit is going anywhere but back to the drawing board this year.

As far as the Lions go, things will certainly be interesting. The team finally has a real coaching staff as opposed to the sugar coated west coast crap that Mornigwheg and Mooch implemented. They have an offensive coordinator that know's how to utilize a good running back. He'll also send our WR's deep which is a better scheme for guys like Roy Williams, Cory Bradford, and Charles Rogers. Mike Williams is probably going to be the odd man out.

I'd also like to note that I think Kevin Jones is much better than "decent". Kevin Jones has a great combination of moves, speed, and power. He'd be a total package if he could improve on picking up the blitz during passing situations, and if he had better hands in open field (as in, catching the ball). Although his blitz weakness will be hidden by the fact that he and Shawn Bryson will be lining up together in the backfield which could make things very interesting. I say he goes for atleast 1400+ yards on the ground this season, and establishes himself as one of the better backs in the league.

The defense is an obvious question mark, but now that the conservative style of play is gone, I can see the pass rush improve. Donnie Henderson and Rod Marinelli are both guys that like to blitz, something that Dick Jauron seemed to be afraid of (bless you poor souls in Buffalo). If healthy, the Lions will have arguably the fastest starting LB corp in the league with Ernie Sims, Boss Bailer, and Teddy Lehman. Plus, the depth behind them of Alex Lewis and James Davis also boast quick feet. The secondary should benefit from the Cover 2 scheme brought from Tampa Bay. It's still a huge question mark though, as we'll be inserting a rookie, and a CB who hasn't been able to stay healthy since he came to Detroit. I expect Kennoy Kennedy to bounce back from a subpar season, and Dre Bly should be solid. As for the D-Line, the DT's are rock fucking solid, Shaun Rogers is possibly the best DT in the league, and Shaun Cody who will take over for Dan Wilkinson showed great potential last year. Kalimba Edwards has the speed to be a great pass rusher but has yet to do so on a consistent basis. James Hall is good, but never has been known as a prolific pass rusher, but is great against the run.

Special teams I have no worries about, we're usually good there. Our kickers were good last year, and were not the problem. I think our coverage improves due to the depth we've added, and I see a rejuvinated Eddie Drummond returning to his old form.

A lot to be excited about, but quite a few if's here. The Lions have plenty of talent, and they finally have a coach to put a boot up their ass, it's just a question if it will all come together. I think they are in a division that is easily winnable, with Green Bay being bottom feeders, Minnesota being uncertain, and Chicago having possibly a fluke season.

Rex probably won't even start for the Bears, they signed Brian Griese to compete and he will probably win the job.

You've lost your mind. Griese may take the job a few weeks in, or if Rex is hurt... but there is no way the owner is not having Grossman start the season. Outside of a total meltdown in the pre-season, with Rex, possible.

and Chicago having possibly a fluke season.

It wasn't a fluke season... maybe a few wins they had could be erased, but it is more to do with a weak divison. I also believe Detroit will have a good offense and perhaps a decent defense, in another year or two... This year belongs to the Bears in the North.

Chicago doesn't convince me that they will win the division without a doubt. Last season reminded me of the 13-3 season they had with Dick Jauron. They managed a great record only to fall back to the bottom of the barrell for the next few years. I don't see anything on the offensive side for Chicago that scares me other than Thomas Jones. The defense is rock solid, but I don't see them emulating this years success again, especially with their inability to advance in the playoffs. The schedule they played was also kind of weak, they beat teams like Baltimore, New Orleans, San Francisco, and of course their own division. They did however hold wins over Carolina, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay, which are impressive. I don't think they will blow, but I don't see another 11-5 season for Chicago.

Man, I can't wait for the preseason to start. Figure I'd offer up my predictions.

AFC

EAST

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

NORTH

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

WEST

Kansas City Chiefs

NFC

EAST

Dallas Cowboys

NORTH

Detroit Lions

SOUTH

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WEST

Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cardinals

Chicago doesn't convince me that they will win the division without a doubt. Last season reminded me of the 13-3 season they had with Dick Jauron. They managed a great record only to fall back to the bottom of the barrell for the next few years. I don't see anything on the offensive side for Chicago that scares me other than Thomas Jones. The defense is rock solid, but I don't see them emulating this years success again, especially with their inability to advance in the playoffs. The schedule they played was also kind of weak, they beat teams like Baltimore, New Orleans, San Francisco, and of course their own division. They did however hold wins over Carolina, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay, which are impressive. I don't think they will blow, but I don't see another 11-5 season for Chicago.

I don't see anything on the offensive side for Chicago that scares me other than Thomas Jones.

You shouldn't be worrying about their offense, you should be worrying about their defense knocking you the fuck out. Yeah ok, their offense isn't going to be one of the best in the league because that's not their style, they're not going to put up the big numbers but that defense keeps them in games and more often than not the offense does enough to win the game. It's all about the defense in Chicago.

I want Griese to take over ASAP. He actually knows how to check down and both Benson and Jones can catch out of the backfield. This is why I wanted them to draft Leonard Pope in the Draft where they had 3 chances to do so. They need a recieving TE, and he was a great fit, instead they picked 6 defensive members out of 7 picks after they said Manning anyway for a DB. Stupid move in my opinion as they could have upgraded a much needed position and helped the QB and spread the field a little with the two back system and intermediate passing.

I don't see anything on the offensive side for Chicago that scares me other than Thomas Jones.

You shouldn't be worrying about their offense, you should be worrying about their defense knocking you the fuck out. Yeah ok, their offense isn't going to be one of the best in the league because that's not their style, they're not going to put up the big numbers but that defense keeps them in games and more often than not the offense does enough to win the game. It's all about the defense in Chicago.

But to succeed in the NFL you need at least a mediocre offense and let's face it, whether Griese is the QB or not, the Bears offense still sucks and they won't go anywhere more than a first round exit in the playoffs. I'm sorry, but you seem to be blinded by the fact that Bears are somehow a game changing defense as well. Chicago's defense is great, sometimes amazing, but they can be shutup by a good offense, just look at that Panthers playoff game last year, the Bears were horrible on both sides.