NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Not being American or anything, I had little to do with the gridiron except for calling it a sissy sport played by people who were rejected for rugby teams. However, I voiced that opinion to an American friend of mine who forced me to watch a compilation video he made of some of the biggest hits and best plays, and I really liked it. I watched the Superbowl that year with about thirty people all rooting for the Seahawks, but he was a Ravens fan so I simply followed his lead. He's in America now, and he sent me a Ray Lewis jersey for my last birthday. That's how I came to be a Ravens man.

What a good man. His influence has helped you make the best choice of your entire life.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. It's kinda like my dad saying that if he'd taken a job elsewhere, I'd have grown up a Crystal Palace fan, but instead I root for Charlton; if I hadn't taken RS, I'd never have met the dude and hence wouldn't have chosen the Ravens. That said, my NFL Street 2 team ARE all kitted out in Saints jersey, but that's only because the Saints throwback is pimper than the Ravens throwback and my personal character is still a Raven.

e='Little Bo Peep' date='25th Sep 2006, 12:25 am' post='915272']

Exactly. It's kinda like my dad saying that if he'd taken a job elsewhere, I'd have grown up a Crystal Palace fan, but instead I root for Charlton; if I hadn't taken RS, I'd never have met the dude and hence wouldn't have chosen the Ravens. That said, my NFL Street 2 team ARE all kitted out in Saints jersey, but that's only because the Saints throwback is pimper than the Ravens throwback and my personal character is still a Raven.

The Ravens don't really have a throwback.

So you root for Charlton eh? That likely means you're close to where I live. Perhaps on the rare day when the Ravens are on Sky we can go and watch them and get drunk? That'd be pimp.

Edited by damshow

Troof on the jersey. And I would gladly take you up on your offer were it not for a) me not drinking, but that's a non-issue, and b) me currently being in Uxbridge (aka North-West London). Although chances are I could pretty easily find my way around; you're living on campus at City University, am I right?

Troof on the jersey. And I would gladly take you up on your offer were it not for a) me not drinking, but that's a non-issue, and b) me currently being in Uxbridge (aka North-West London). Although chances are I could pretty easily find my way around; you're living on campus at City University, am I right?

Actually about 10 minutes off campus.

Thanks to the Underground it's rather easy to make one's way around London, it just costs a lot.

The Steelers didn't deserve to win the game earlier today, the Bengals did, they were the better team. If you'd have actually seen the game rather than listening to it on the radio you'd probably have the same view (bar any Steeler bias). Those taunting penalties were stupid though, some bad calls from the refs, particularly the endzone celebration where the two guys tapped arms a few times, I don't see what there was to call there as it obviously wasn't choreographed and it didn't involve anything OTT or insulting.

Eli plays extremely well from the no huddle. Maybe they should just do that all game ¬_¬

Edited by alldawson

Fuck refs for calling unsportsmanlikes on celebrations. You don't want them to celebrate, DON'T LET THE FUCKERS SCORE. You're getting paid millions of dollars to do so; if you fail, you deserve any taunting you get.

That being said, how bout that high-powered Ravens offense needing a late field goal to beat the dreaded Cleveland Browns?

Personal note to the Manning family: Snap the fucking ball already, let the other 10 guys do their job instead of being a dipshit changing every assignment before the snap.

To the Broncos, who they should have steamrolled with the way Plummer had been playing this year.

Anyways, I'll be watching alllll the pregame stuff tonight, but only for Green Day :wub:

That being said, I feel bad I changed my Pick'em League pick to the Falcons, but I needs me some points and as much as I want New Orleans to win, I don't think its gonna happen

Edited by Maxx