NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Hugar... this is quite big news. I'd agree with you if this was like the pre-season and so forth with all the coverage, but this is quite a bit more than significant. And what else is there to do on a Wed in Sports Coverage?

The MLB playoff races. But the point stands, this is significant news.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been mixed reports about T.O. according to the article on NFL.com. Something about the police report saying he tried to kill himself but his publicist/agent (who apparently was the friend he took two more pills in front of) says it was just his pain medication mixing with other vitamins and causing a bad reaction.

The article also says:

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders said he spoke with Owens shortly before his release from the hospital and that Owens was in good spirits.

"The fact that it has been reported a suicide attempt, he's laughed at that notion. It was a case that medication that was taken wasn't accepted well in his system with the other vitamins he's on," Sanders said.

That seems more likely to me at the moment since he's already been released from hospital (they'd probably keep him in for a few days for psych analysis and whatnot otherwise). Hopefully that's what it was and he can get back to training and playing again soon.

Yeah, I highly doubt it was a suicide attempt, they released him from the hospital and then he went to practice and worked out.

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be a suicide attempt.

Hmm how many games will Albert Haynesworth get suspended for?

For those of you who missed it, Cowboys center Andre Gurode lost his helmet and was on the ground, when Haynesworth came up, kicked him in the back and then proceeded to very intentionally stomp on his unprotected head.

Called for unsportsman like conduct and ejected and should be suspended for the season, but I bet its more along the lines of 2 games.

EDIT:

After watching the replay, Gurode's helmet was off because Hanyesworth took it off, then kicked him, then stomped on his head.

Edited by Maxx

Haynesworth should be suspended for the season without a doubt. The Chargers are trying to give the Ravens the game right now by committing many, many penalties. 13-9 with 3 minutes to go. God I wish I could watch it.

And we won. We didn't play well, but we won and that's all that matters.

Edited by damshow

Cincinnati asked Pittsburgh who dey before. Now I as one half of the EWB Ravens ask this question:

San Diego? WHO DEY, FUCKERS?!

They're the team who let you win by scoring a deliberate safety ¬_¬

It's good to see the Cowboys scoring so many points, we rarely score into the high 30s, let alone 40s. It was also great to see Julius Jones back to the form he's shown he's capable of, 122 yards rushing, nice. I haven't seen the Haynesworth/Gurode incident yet but it sounds nasty and easily worth a season's suspension.