NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I think last night we saw two things. 1) How great Matt Leinart will be. 2) That Rex Grossman hasn't gotten as good as we think he has.

That said, with that defense the Bears just need a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and they'll be in good shape. And until last night Rex was doing a great job at keeping possession in the Bears' favor.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last night we saw two things. 1) How great Matt Leinart will be. 2) That Rex Grossman hasn't gotten as good as we think he has.

Maybe as good as you thought he was.... not I.

Oh aren't you special. <_<

No, but I was reading quite a few people say that Grossman hasn't played well all season really. I haven't had the chance to see anything besides brief highlights so I wouldn't know.

Edited by damshow

Grossman has played very well until last night. With his play the previous five games, he looked like he was forcing things thinking that it would come eventually.

I like Grossman more then most, he just needs to learn when to just tone down everything. That will come with experience, and this game will be a great learning tool for him I believe.

Yeah. I don't know if any of you have the NFL network but Green was raging after the loss monday night.

Never seen a coach say those things that he said in the press confrence. The biggest problem is James shouldn't be running up the middle. He should be running the stretch play like he did in Indy, and the offensive cordinator wasn't calling those kind of plays. James isn't a thomas jones, or a fullback. He doesn't work well up the middle. He needs to be on the outside to be the most effective.

I agree with almost everything ACCBiggz says, I just like to put positive spin on it rather then negative.

You're right, Grossman will make a bad decision or two every game. But he also has shown that when he's going good, he'll make great throws and that he CAN be the leader of a team.

He still doesn't have a lot of in-game experience, and that shows in games like this. Early on, he checked down very well, while in this game it seemed like he thought that he could get it going like he has most of the season.

Grossman is by no means the next Joe Montana, but whenever he's reigned in and the coach's do their job, Grossman is more talented then 85% of the other starting quarterbacks in my opinion.

Actually, he has a point. You hate him, but that doesn't make him a bad QB.

1. Yes it does.

And you say I'm a moron <_<

It's not because he is from Florida. One of my favorite players ever is from UF. It's because he is a mindless nimwit who makes horrible decisions. He has a better arm than Orton, and I'm not an Orton fan either, but Orton is 8-0 as a starter and did not make nearly the number of mistakes Grossman has.

Oton stats from last year:

1869 YDS, 59% Completetion, 9 TD, 13 INT, 59.7 QB Rating 5 lost FUM, 8-5 record(9-6 if you count the last game with the back-ups and the ATL game where Grossman came in at halftime)

Grossman this year(so far):

1391 YDS, 57% Completetion, 10 TD, 7 INT, 82.1 QB Rating, 2 lost fumble, 6-0 record

I'll take Grossman

What those stats don't say is that Orton was a third string rookie who after Hutchinson was cut became a second string and quickly became a starter when Grossman went down with his injury. Orton did a good job for the situation he was thrown in. Grossman has been inconsistent which makes me afraid that he could be, with a very high probability, the weak on the offense.