NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Arizona. They just have so much offensive potential and they can't stop anybody or protect Leinart/Edge.

Get them one or two offensive linemen and at least one more above-average defender and the NFC West becomes ridiculously dominant with Arizona, Seattle & St. Louis being perennial playoff contenders (and San Fransisco's about 3 drafts away from being good)

The good news is that the Lions had a bye this week, therefore they didn't lose. :shifty:

The bad news is that they're still going to be awful after the bye. I don't know what to say about them.

I do know that I'm absolutely impressed with Chicago right, I know they beat up on a shitty team but it's still impressive. I really can't think of any team that looks as good as they do right now, they are just absolutely dominant right now. I'd have to say they'd be my pick to win it all as of right now. I still don't like the Bears, but I do respect that they are now 7-0 and have a great team.

The Bears have to be the favorite to win it all with that defense. But one thing that I think could end up being their downfall is Rex Grossman. One week he goes out and plays like a QB on a Super Bowl team. The next week he goes out and plays like a QB on a team fighting to not have the number 1 pick. He can get away with it against Arizona. But if he were to do it against St. Louis, Carolina, or Philadelphia he could be in trouble.

Bwahaha. Pittsburgh are winning this game, I'll say it now. (Heh, okay I was wrong. I was watching the Cleveland game on GC, saw the Steelers had scored and were in the red zone again (like on the 1) so I figured they were tying it up. Major props to Oakland though, well deserved!)

EDIT: Bleh Colts sneak it again. Twats. I really thought Denver had them this week.

Edited by IAceI

Ssh... the Raiders beat the Steelers with just 17 passing yards on the board.

The Bears have to be the favorite to win it all with that defense. But one thing that I think could end up being their downfall is Rex Grossman. One week he goes out and plays like a QB on a Super Bowl team. The next week he goes out and plays like a QB on a team fighting to not have the number 1 pick. He can get away with it against Arizona. But if he were to do it against St. Louis, Carolina, or Philadelphia he could be in trouble.

If there is a 'downfall' for this Bears team then you're right it could well be Grossman, but even when Grossman plays poorly that defense is more than capable of picking up the slack as we saw against Arizona. Grossman's inconsistency doesn't bother me at all because the Bears can win with just the defense. You're right, at this moment they have to be the favourites for Super Bowl XLI.

Edited by alldawson

This year the Steelers have literally given away 3 games.

No one plays with any fire. Going through the motions.

Christ this is pathetic.

The whole coaching staff needs fired. God fucking dammit.

The Raiders.

I feel like Jim Mora. PLAYOFFS?!?!?!? PLAYOFFS?!?!? I just hope we can win a game!

Fuck is the only word that comes to mind.

The Steelers are in my mind, without a doubt, one of the top 8-10 teams in the NFL talent wise.

But they're playing like absolute shit.

No discipline.

EDIT: And things get worse...RB Verron Haynes is injured. Out for the year. Duce Staley might be out of his sweats and into a uniform.

Murphy's Law.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Answer me this, did Chad Johnson get those 2 TD's like he promised? :D

After this I think the Falcons proved they are a top team in the NFC. Their 2 losses came to the Giants and Saints, both teams are 5-2 aswell I believe. And Vick's passing game is stellar again. I figured it would be a one game thing, but he really wants to prove it this year. The running game has lacked, but care I do not as long as we win.

And I almost wanted to ask Who Dey?, but I'll pass on it.

Well I like Atlanta, but let's see they've beaten Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati - one of whom have a winning record and combined are 13-24.

I'd hardly say you're setting the world a light, considering how supbar Carolina, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati all are, even though they are all a lot better than they're showing.

Then they've lost to the 5-2 Saints and Giants. So yeah, not entirely sure what is so great about them, but each to their own. Although I will admit Vick has played better than I can remember him playing ever before.

Also what about Vince Young, he seems to be adapting his 'I throw and run and no one else runs' strategy <_<, but I don't know if he can keep it up.