NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Browns upset the Falcons 17-13!

Christ, maybe the Falcons are just a bad team. They lose to the Lions, and then the Browns!? In consecutive weeks no less!?!?!?!

By the way, fuck the Lions. I fucking hate them. Not really, but they fucking drive me nuts with their "Well we'll beat a good team (at the time anyway), tease the fans, maybe make them think we've turned the corner, and then drop a winnable game. Let's also let Frank Gore rush for a franchise record in yards in the first half".

Seriously, I really don't know why I bother. I'm just raising my blood pressure every week that I watch this fucking athletic tripe. The Lions piss me off to no end, but I love them anyway. I'm sick of the whole concept of "maybe we can settle for 7-9 and gain momentum". How many fucking years are they going to suck? When is this fucking franchise just going to wake up and turn out a pissed off team that murders their opponents and laughs about it?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns upset the Falcons 17-13!

Christ, maybe the Falcons are just a bad team. They lose to the Lions, and then the Browns!? In consecutive weeks no less!?!?!?!

By the way, fuck the Lions. I fucking hate them. Not really, but they fucking drive me nuts with their "Well we'll beat a good team (at the time anyway), tease the fans, maybe make them think we've turned the corner, and then drop a winnable game. Let's also let Frank Gore rush for a franchise record in yards in the first half".

Seriously, I really don't know why I bother. I'm just raising my blood pressure every week that I watch this fucking athletic tripe. The Lions piss me off to no end, but I love them anyway. I'm sick of the whole concept of "maybe we can settle for 7-9 and gain momentum". How many fucking years are they going to suck? When is this fucking franchise just going to wake up and turn out a pissed off team that murders their opponents and laughs about it?

We all know that in Detroit. Then again, you could go one step further and say that we may never win as long as the Ford's own the team. Seriously, they give Millen another five years before the 05 season started, that's not just border line insanity, that's just fucking stupid.

Millen's drafts have been so fucking awful. Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Shaun Rogers were great choices, but beyond that there isn't much to show for. Maybe Ernie Sims will turn out good, but four guys in five years is a fucking awful track record. It's especially awful when you look at the 1st round busts in Mike Williams, Joey Harrington, and Charles Rogers. Ugh. I'm stopping now before I vomit on my shoes.

I really think that the Falcons are overated espesically with this weeks game. The Browns have really been coming along lately, still dont expect the playoffs this year or anything but things are starting to look better for the future espesially on defense. The only problem that the Browns have had is consistency, they will go out and play really well in the first half like they did today but then look like a different team in the secound half like they did today, I am just glad it didnt cost them the game this time like it has in the past. I am looking forward to next weeks steelers v. browns game cause the game really should be competitive.

I really think that the Falcons are overated espesically with this weeks game. The Browns have really been coming along lately, still dont expect the playoffs this year or anything but things are starting to look better for the future espesially on defense. The only problem that the Browns have had is consistency, they will go out and play really well in the first half like they did today but then look like a different team in the secound half like they did today, I am just glad it didnt cost them the game this time like it has in the past. I am looking forward to next weeks steelers v. browns game cause the game really should be competitive.

God damnit. Fucking pieces of shit. WTF is wrong with the Falcons? They play two great games, then two crappy ones. Are they trying to help the one win teams or what? But, this week again we are plauged by dropped passes. Looking like the Falcons from a few years ago.

Until the Bears find themselves unmercifully squashed by the AFC's Superbowl representative, that is.

That would be in Miami, dolt. Only NFC teams will be playing in Soldier Field. And I can't see Chicago being "unmercifully squashed" either. Not saying they'll win, but they'll put up a hell of a fight against the Chargers.

I would imagine the Bears' run defense will improve as more teams attempt to run against them. The LB's have tailed back into coverage to protect against the pass where they were vunerable last year (Hence drafting DB's and signing Ricky Manning), the defensive line is one of the best in football as well as the LB's, so when they all commit to the run it'd be hard to run against them. Last season showed that, this season however they are protecting more against the pass and letting their line do the work up front.

You don't even have to pressure Grossman to get him to blow it, it's natural to him.