NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All linebackers are overrated. They are only as good as the personnel around them to allow them to actually make tackles. The same applies for running backs and quarterbacks.

Barry Sanders.

MLB's generally have the most tackles regardless because of their position on the field.

Quoted for emphasis in regard to Barry Sanders. I wont even go into it, but I watched the guy for most of his career (I was a bit too young to remember his first two or three years) and he made things happens regardless of the players surrounding him.

As for current linebackers, I'm a fan of Zach Thomas myself. He's a LB I'd consider underrated.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Let's face it though, the Browns are still 3-7. There's too much of this "coulda, woulda, shoulda" discussion.

Good teams pull out the tough wins and hold on to leads. The Browns just aren't there yet, but I wont deny that they have some nice young players to build around.

Speaking of bad teams, let's all congratulate the Lions on officially becoming the NFL's worst team this year. Seriously, you dominate Atlanta and then let the 49ers and Cardinals make you look foolish? Where did our old friend consistency go? Well, they have been consistently bad since Millen's take over.

Oh yeah, rumor has it that Mike Williams may never play football again as he has no desire for the game. Go Millen. :thumbsdown:

Here's a scary thought, Joey Harrington of all people makes his return to Detroit on Thanksgiving game of all games. Here's an even scarier thought, Harrington lighting up the scoreboard and the fickle Lions fans saying "We should have never let him go".

Quinn wont happen.

The Lions are not selecting a QB this year in the first round with Kitna and McCown under contract. They need to continue building on the defense, or the offensive line.

What they need to do is just erase everybody right now. Get rid of Millen, the whole coaching staff, and start from scratch again. Rod Marinelli has his head up his ass, and is a fucking terrible coach. These guys are never ready, and they are still making the same stupid mistakes dating back to the 1990s.

This team really needs to build a defense before they can even think of going 7-9. I think it's obvious to even the most brain dead fan that defense is going to be the focus of this team's off season.

And yes Haj, they are worse than the Raiders. Don't kid yourself.

The Raiders have a pretty good pass defense, amongst the top five in the league last time I checked and with a stat like that I don't think you can call them the worst team in the league. One of them, yes, but not the absolute worst. I'd agree with VP and say that the Lions are the worst team at the moment.

I thought the Cowboys looked outstanding again today. Alright, it was only Tampa Bay, but a big win last week against the Colts could have had us on a high and we could have underestimated the Bucs. I, as well as the majority out there, am well impressed with how Romo has come in and controlled our offense like he's been doing it for years. Marion Barber is always improving and if he keeps it up he'll uproot Julius as our #1 RB soon. Our WR core is getting better, too, Glenn and TO are two very good veteran receivers and Patrick Crayton is certainly improving at the #3 spot. For the first time in several seasons, I feel we have a great offense to match our defense and we could very well go deep into the playoffs if we keep up this form. And let's face it, Romo shows no signs of slowing down.

Quinn wont happen.

The Lions are not selecting a QB this year in the first round with Kitna and McCown under contract. They need to continue building on the defense, or the offensive line.

What they need to do is just erase everybody right now. Get rid of Millen, the whole coaching staff, and start from scratch again. Rod Marinelli has his head up his ass, and is a fucking terrible coach. These guys are never ready, and they are still making the same stupid mistakes dating back to the 1990s.

This team really needs to build a defense before they can even think of going 7-9. I think it's obvious to even the most brain dead fan that defense is going to be the focus of this team's off season.

And yes Haj, they are worse than the Raiders. Don't kid yourself.