NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

So, what are your predictions for the awards? Here's mine.

MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson

Defensive: Brian Urlacher

Rookie: Devin Hester

Offensive Rookie: Vince Young

Defensive Rookie: DeMeco Ryans

Comeback: Steve McNair

Coach: Sean Payton

I think that's all of the main ones. Oh, and Prince will be doing the halftime show at the SuperBowl <_<

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think, besides MVP, there is any clear frontrunner. For coach it is a tossup between Payton, Parcells, and Billick. I think that won't be decided until the last week of the season. Comeback I'd give to McNair also, but I am biased. Defensive I'd give to Ryans, but there are 3 rookies who could win it. Offensive rookie is a huge tossup.

Guest Giraffe

MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

Defensive: Jason Taylor, MIA

Rookie: Devin Hester, CHI

Offensive Rookie: Vince Young, TEN

Defensive Rookie: I don't know enough to really predict here.

Comeback: Damon Huard, KC

Coach: Sean Payton, NO

MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

- Not even close.

Defensive: Jason Taylor, MIA

- It's doubtful he'll win because of Miami's position, but I don't know who else it could be

Rookie: Devin Hester, CHI

- I'm biased, but I'd change my pick to Vince Young if he can close out the season.

Offensive Rookie: Vince Young, TEN

Defensive Rookie: DeMeco Ryans

- Probably, leading the league will probably sure this one up.

Comeback: Steve McNair, BAL

- With how he has played this season and leading the Ravens back to the playoffs, this is pretty much his.

Coach: Sean Payton, NO

- Mangenni (sp) was the only one close to him, but with the loss he is most likely out and this is all Payton's.

MVP: LT, easy choice. He's great every year but this year he's just been phenomenal. Without him, I doubt San Diego would be leading the AFC.

Offense: It would have to be LT, but if it had to be different than the MVP I'd go for Drew Brees.

Defense: Brian Urlacher. He's been the leader of the best defense in the league. Runners up would include Shawne Merriman and DeMarcus Ware.

Rookie: I'd be tempted to go with Reggie Bush or Devin Hester but Marques Colston wins it for me at this point of the season.

Comeback: Steve McNair, as everyone else has said.

Coach: Sean Payton. He's done a great job with the Saints. Billick's a good candidate too.

MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson

--By a hair over Drew Brees, and if the Saints come back and score homefield advantage, Brees should win it.

Offensive POY: Tomlinson

--Simply base it on stats, and there's no contest.

Defensive POY: Shawne Merriman

--Just a killer player on a killer defense. His only problem will be Phillips splitting his votes.

Offensive ROY: Vince Young

--This is based on him continuing to play like he has the last few weeks. Otherwise, I go Bush.

Defensive ROY: DeMeco Ryans

--A rookie leading the league in tackles needs to get some validation for it.

Comeback: Steve McNair

--After the Titans kicked him to the curb, it's good to see him land on his feet.

Coach: Sean Payton

--There really can't be any argument. Mangini would be a contender if his team was ready to clinch a division title, but they're not.

I think that's all of the main ones. Oh, and Prince will be doing the halftime show at the SuperBowl :w00t:

Fixed. If you don't shake your ass when Prince does Black Sweat, you fail at life.

MVP: Drew Brees - Are you kidding me? Absolute no-brainer. Who, other than me, had the Saints winning the division this year? Look at their turnaround. Obviously the addition of Bush, Colston and head coach Sean Payton were factors too, but Brees proved he wasn't damaged goods and was well worth NO's investment. Good on him. LT would naturally be the runner up.

Offense: LaDanian Tomlinson, if only because I didn't pick him MVP. He's a one-man offense for christ's sake.

Defense: Brian Urlacher, same as AD said, he's the centre of the fiercest defense in the league. And yeah there's a Chicago bias for me, but I don't care :P

Rookie: Devin Hester. 6 TD returns (2 kick, 1 FG, 3 punt) says it all. Offensively I'd go with Colston, hell of an impact and he came out of nowhere virtually. And Ryans for defensive, leading the league in tackles as a rookie? His future looks bright.

Comeback: I suppose it has to be McNair.

Coach: Sean Payton, again, look at the Saint's comeback.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

MVP: Drew Breees - Are you kidding me? Absolute no-brainer. Who, other than me, had the Saints winning the division this year? Look at their turnaround. Obviously the addition of Bush, Colston and head coach Sean Payton were factors too, but Brees proved he wasn't damaged goods and was well worth NO's investment. Good on him. LT would naturally be the runner up.

Now that Colston is playing again, I can't see how he won't win offensive rookie of the year. He led the league in recieving till he got hurt, on pace to break Randy Moss' rookie records, and will still likely finish off the season with 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

Guest Giraffe

If he breaks Marino's yardage record, perhaps he gets the nod for breaking a more elusive record then LT, which was just set last year.

Then again, it could also depend on how far each team goes. You have to understand that LT has also been doing this in past years even when San Diego was awful, so you could say he has been deserving for quite some time and it's time for him to get his props. You could also say that he plays for the Chargers, which play in the AFC, which is clearly the more powerful conference.

MVP: Drew Breees - Are you kidding me? Absolute no-brainer. Who, other than me, had the Saints winning the division this year? Look at their turnaround. Obviously the addition of Bush, Colston and head coach Sean Payton were factors too, but Brees proved he wasn't damaged goods and was well worth NO's investment. Good on him. LT would naturally be the runner up.

I think for the MVP name it'd be Brees, although NO isn't really as bad as everyone made them out to be. After the off-season moves and the drafting of Bush I figured they'd be decent. Again, no one expected them to win the division with Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Atlanta. But MVP is basically MOP, and that is LaDanian without question. What he is doing has never been done before, not just breaking the record, but in the way he is doing it and the pace he is doing it at.

Tirico and Theisman are ok. Tirico is one of the best PBP men in the business, it's Kornheiser that sucks. They should have never split Patrick-McGuire-Theisman up, and stuck with Tirico on college. But yeah, Kornheiser is the problem.
Edited by GhostMachine

Tirico and Theisman are ok. Tirico is one of the best PBP men in the business, it's Kornheiser that sucks. They should have never split Patrick-McGuire-Theisman up, and stuck with Tirico on college. But yeah, Kornheiser is the problem.

Tirico is okay, but Theisman loves to hear the sound of his own voice. That'a nothing new, though, since he's been that way ever since he's been on tv. Kornheiser I couldn't agree more about. Kornheiser on PTI = (Y) Kornheiser doing football = :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: (no, no that's not a mistake)

I liked Tirico better calling college games, but he's okay doing NFL.

Anyone seen the design for the Cowboys' new stadium yet? I like it, and I'm glad they're keeping the partially open roof design but with a way to cover it. But.....a $1 billion cost?! :blink:

And seats in the 80,000-100,000 range? It's a new wave of superstadiums. Expect some other big market teams to repeat this in the next 15-20 years.