Best Live Show

Guest ManManT

1. Metallica at Download Festival 2006

- Epic. It was just immense.

2. Tool at Download Festival 2006

- I may be a little biased here, because Tool are one of my favourite bands, but just to chill out watching the visualisations on the big screens was great.

3. Soulfly at Download Festival 2006

- Insane. Loved it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For just the quality of the music and the atmosphere, you can't go much better than Nine Inch Nails, really, that was an incredible show.

Probably my favourite live show, though, will have been one of the two times I've seen Art Brut, probably the second, as it was in a much more intimate venue, as opposed to at a festival. Fantastic showmen, great crowd interaction, and everything I want from a live band. I don't like it when bands play songs just like they are on the album, because what's the point? I don't go to gigs to look at the bands, and I can hear them at home. I want to hear something different, and that's what Art Brut offer. From a psuedo-KISS cover ("God Gave Modern Art To You"), to changing the lyrics of every song, and conversing with the fans, they were pretty much perfect.

Add in the fact that it was the second time I got to meet them, and it's a clear winner.