Best Live Show

Guest ManManT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best gig was easily Machine Head, supported by Sikth and Breed 77.

As for just live bands, my top 3 goes something like:

1. Machine Head (in above gig)

2. A Perfect Circle (supporting Deftones)

3. Metallica (at Reading)

Though Morrissey (Reading), The Bronx (Reading), Disturbed (gig) and Lamb Of God (gig) are up there.

Metallica will always be the most amazing band I've ever witnessed.

That's the thing with when I saw Metallica....they probably would have got up there just for the "zOMG I'm seeing Metallica live" factor, but they were shit hot live. Two hour set, completly flawless and just an amazing end to the Sunday that year at Reading (after SOAD had already set the bar somewhat)/

Metallica will always be the most amazing band I've ever witnessed.

That's the thing with when I saw Metallica....they probably would have got up there just for the "zOMG I'm seeing Metallica live" factor, but they were shit hot live. Two hour set, completly flawless and just an amazing end to the Sunday that year at Reading (after SOAD had already set the bar somewhat)/

Aye. It was utter magic. I was buzzing for the rest of the weekend. I still remember how amazing it was to hear them live. I can't wait to see them again.

I have the chance to go to Family Values this year to see Korn, Deftones, Flyleaf, Dir En Grey, Stone Sour, etc. If I do go, it'll only be for the second stage. Deadsy (hell yes), 10 Years (gotta support the local band), and Bury Your Dead.

The only reason I probably won't go is because of Flyleaf sucking copious amounts of cock, not knowing who or what the fuck Dir En Grey is, and the rumours about Peeping Tom on the tour being false.

I have the chance to go to Family Values this year to see Korn, Deftones, Flyleaf, Dir En Grey, Stone Sour, etc. If I do go, it'll only be for the second stage. Deadsy (hell yes), 10 Years (gotta support the local band), and Bury Your Dead.

The only reason I probably won't go is because of Flyleaf sucking copious amounts of cock, not knowing who or what the fuck Dir En Grey is, and the rumours about Peeping Tom on the tour being false.

Dir en grey are a Japanese band who seriously veer about a lot musically, but impress me somewhat. You kinda have to get over the fact that the lead singer has Japanese intonation, naturally, but they are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Dir+...p;search=Search

Video for their song "Obscure" for you, Tristof.

Guest ManManT

For the epic-ness of it, even though I was not a fan (Nor am I a fan now to be honest) Iron Maiden was fucking immense. They were also supported by the 'breaking out/little known' Funeral For A Friend. I just remember being in awe...seemed a little excluded though, as I knew few songs (And the one's I knew, I didn't know enough to sing along to).

But my best gig has to be Death Cab For Cutie. I have a 'list' (In my head) of bands/artists I must see before I die. Death Cab For Cutie are the only band on my list I have 'ticked off'.

I have a chance to tick another band off the list. But neither me or my mates have enough money to order Muse tickets tomorrow...so I highly doubt that one is going to be happening. :(

Dir En Grey, it looks like, is the type of band that is badass when you see them live or on video, but just listening to a song doesn't do it justice. Because the song is dreadful, but the video is another type of insane. And I thought the Broken movie was fucking weird.

I guess I'll just have to sit tight and see what other bands are announced for the 2nd stage. I've heard Mindless Self Indulgence are supposed to be on the 2nd stage, and if that's true, then that'd make me go in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure what gig was the best one I've been to, may have been Alkaline Trio but that's just because I mark like a little eleven year old John Cena fan for them.

I haven't been to as many gigs as I'd like to this year since money is extremely tight but I'm extremely excited about going to see Raul Midon on the 24th :wub:.

I also really want to see Broken Social Scene, Dragonforce and the Chili Peppers.

For the epic-ness of it, even though I was not a fan (Nor am I a fan now to be honest) Iron Maiden was fucking immense. They were also supported by the 'breaking out/little known' Funeral For A Friend. I just remember being in awe...seemed a little excluded though, as I knew few songs (And the one's I knew, I didn't know enough to sing along to).

But my best gig has to be Death Cab For Cutie. I have a 'list' (In my head) of bands/artists I must see before I die. Death Cab For Cutie are the only band on my list I have 'ticked off'.

I have a chance to tick another band off the list. But neither me or my mates have enough money to order Muse tickets tomorrow...so I highly doubt that one is going to be happening. :(