Bands you like that seemingly aren't liked by anyone else.

ROC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I echo the 311, Lit and Semisonic love.

Lightning seeds, Bouncing Souls, Sum 41 and Zebrahead are some bands that people have a pop at me for liking, but I think they are all pretty decent in their own right. Oh, and Andrew WK. Its just fun.

I echo the 311, Lit and Semisonic love.

Lightning seeds, Bouncing Souls, Sum 41 and Zebrahead are some bands that people have a pop at me for liking, but I think they are all pretty decent in their own right. Oh, and Andrew WK. Its just fun.

Come to think of it, I hardly ever see any Head Automatice/Glassjaw love (aside from Grifter on the latter).

I love me some Head Automatica, although I hear the new album is drastically below their normal par. I haven't had a chance to hear any of it myself though.

I think the problem may be that Dan The Automator didn't work the second album. I've heard mixed reviews though, and the few songs I have are pretty good.

I am hoping Daryl's crones will ease out enough for Glassjaw to get a tour in sometimes soon. I had tickets to their show in NJ for this last November before he had to pull out.

I've seen Head though. They were pretty badass live.

Add me to the list of 311, Incubus, Head Automatica, Glassjaw, and Kelly Clarkson fans (although I am getting so absolutely tired of Clarkson's music right now. WAY too much airplay.)

Haven't seen much talk of him here, but I'm starting to like James Blunt's work. "High" is my particular favorite of the moment, and I agree with the sentiment that he could be a new Elton John.

Bands I'd like to throw on the heap:

Abandoned Pools, Apex Theory, 40 Below Summer, American Head Charge, Apartment 26, BT, Chimaira, Clutch, Crossbreed, Days Of The New, Dub Pistols, Earshot, Econoline Crush, Flaw, God Lives Underwater, Gravity Kills, Headstrong, Jem, Moshic, Oleander, Otep, Pelican, Ra, The Bags (REEEEJOICE~!), and Unwritten Law.

Add me to the list of 311, Incubus, Head Automatica, Glassjaw, and Kelly Clarkson fans (although I am getting so absolutely tired of Clarkson's music right now. WAY too much airplay.)

Haven't seen much talk of him here, but I'm starting to like James Blunt's work. "High" is my particular favorite of the moment, and I agree with the sentiment that he could be a new Elton John.

Abandoned Pools, Apex Theory, 40 Below Summer, American Head Charge, Apartment 26, BT, Chimaira, Clutch, Crossbreed, Days Of The New, Dub Pistols, Earshot, Econoline Crush, Flaw, God Lives Underwater, Gravity Kills, Headstrong, Jem, Moshic, Oleander, Otep, Pelican, Ra, The Bags (REEEEJOICE~!), and Unwritten Law.

BOLD'D...and James Blunt too. See, talk to me, I like everything :shifty: Out of what I bolded, Abandoned Pools album is another top ten of mine.

Also, check Summers for Ra and 40 Below Summer, Fitzy for Flaw and Tristy for Otep.

EDIT: And Darkness >_>

Edited by liamwannabe

Whoa. Are you talking about the Bags, as in the Alice Bag Band? As in the LA punk female fronted Alice Bag Band that had only a few EPs and releases on the Dangerhouse compilations? If so, I love you.

Whoa. Are you talking about the Bags, as in the Alice Bag Band? As in the LA punk female fronted Alice Bag Band that had only a few EPs and releases on the Dangerhouse compilations? If so, I love you.

Actually meant the Boston band featured in Guitar Hero, but now that you mention ABB, "Prowlers In The Night" is not bad at all. To the list with them!

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if The Secret Machines are any good? I've listened to their "Nowhere Again" song and I'm wondering if they're one of those bands with one awesome song or if they have any other good songs.

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

The main one is The Lucksmiths. They're probably my favourite band, but I only know one other person who knew about them without me having to tell them, and that was only a passing familiarity. I think they're lyrically the best band since The Smiths, and just have a fantastic poppy indie sound, and get better with every album. How they aren't huge, or even moderately well-known on the "underground" circuit, is a mystery to me.

The main one is The Lucksmiths. They're probably my favourite band, but I only know one other person who knew about them without me having to tell them, and that was only a passing familiarity. I think they're lyrically the best band since The Smiths, and just have a fantastic poppy indie sound, and get better with every album. How they aren't huge, or even moderately well-known on the "underground" circuit, is a mystery to me.

I concur. I love the Lucksmiths and little to no one here likes them. Although after playing Warmer Corners at a few "hang out parties" (for lack of a better word), I've actually seen a few people I don't really talk to much play them, so I guess I'm doing my deed for humanity >_>

I'll toss in The Unicorns/Islands in the mix. They're one of my favorite bands and I think absolutely no one listens to them :shifty:

If not there's lots and lots of bands I like that people don't seem to listen to, but that's because I'm a whore.

That's the best post I've ever read on this forum :wub:

I can't believe I'm missing a chance to see The Islands (amongst many other very good bands) at Route Du Rock this year, it's a real shame.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if The Secret Machines are any good? I've listened to their "Nowhere Again" song and I'm wondering if they're one of those bands with one awesome song or if they have any other good songs.

Secret Machines are several kinds of awesome, I love them, and they're another band I'm missing out on seeing live. They were supposed to be playing The Jersey Live Festival, and I would've gone just for them, but they pulled out and got replaced by bloody Hope Of The States. Bah.

Edited by Skumfrog

Actually meant the Boston band featured in Guitar Hero, but now that you mention ABB, "Prowlers In The Night" is not bad at all. To the list with them!

That works too. The Alice Bag Band are one of those older LA punk bands that were CRIMINALLY under recorded. If it tickles your fancy, you may find yourself liking their songs We Don't Need the English and Gluttony (this song is intense).