Bands you like that seemingly aren't liked by anyone else.

ROC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er...

Opeth

Dream Theatre

Suicidal Tendencies

Incubus (until Morning View, they were a great funk/rock/metal band)

JME (and Skepta/Boy Better Know as well)

Poison the Well

David Banner (a guilty pleasure)

Mos Def

Post-Run Come Save Me Roots Manuva

Suicidal Tendencies rock. Their self titled album is one of the greatest hardcore punk albums of all time. Then when they changed line ups they had a funky metal sort of sound going, very fucking rocking stuff. They seem to have the market corner on rocking wether it's funk, metal, or punk.

Kelly Clarkson and My Dying Bride. I'm pretty sure Liam listens to MDB, but I never see anyone else discuss them.

I love the Peaceville Three. MDB and old Anathema being by far my faves. Old Katatonia is stellar too. Not to mention a few other DOOOOOM bands like November's Doom, Mourning Beloveth, Candlemass, Novembre and others. There's also Sludge, Drone, and Stoner stuff which is all grouped under the same Black Sabbath influence. I like it all.

I second Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Dream Evil, and others. OH AND 3 INCHES OF BLOOD PWN.

I still have no other Kottonmouth Kings fans here...

Edited by damshow

Guest Ritrais

Well I don't know how well liked these bands are in other places but where I live there is no one that really likes any of them besides me or so it would seem. Almost none of these bands have been listed yet so here goes.

Tiger Army

Horrorpops

A.F.I.

Jack Off Jill

Scarling

Son of Sam

Tsunami Bomb

Pretty Girls Make Graves

Skillet

Rise Against

After reading this whole thread, and seeing a whole list of bands that I like that others don't, and then there still being a bunch that I like that havent been listed yet... will see throw them into the list.

36 Crazyfists, Aha, Alphaville, Arch Enemy, Autopilot Off, Blindside, Cake, Deadsy, Dragonland, Dry Cell, Edgewater, Frou Frou, Greenwheel, Imogen Heap, InMe, Jem, Journey :shifty:, Katatonia, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Mew, Nada Surf, Nightwish, Ours, Pitchshifter, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revis, Rooney, Shark Attack, Starsailor, Submersed, Sun Kil Moon, The Shins, The Silver Jews, Therion, Type O Negative, Trustcompany, We are Scientist...

Actually looking at it, the list is way longer then I thought, there is more, but those are the ones I listen to on a constant basis.

Trust Company were top notch. Haven't heard of them for years.

I'm quite surprised with the amount of Rise Against love (As they've never had any form of success over here). I tried whoring them out to friends at one point, but I whore out so much, I am generally ignored. YI ANECDOTE OF DOOM TIME!!! One guy I know someone who hates Rise Against, but purely because he thinks they're Rage Against The Machine. So when I put him right, play him Broken English and Give It All he gets who they are. :shifty: I know quite a lot of people who like RA. I know an emo kid who lists them as his favourite band, but the only album he's heard is "Siren Song". I'm not going to knock him all that much, as I've really liked a band from one album. But at least he should be able to hold a converstion about your favourite band when talking about other songs. I brought up how "Revolutions Per Minute" was a modern masterpiece and he just "Is that the new one?". WHAT?!!! **backhand** I hate all the new emo fans of RA. I was going to say I have nothing against emo kids, but I do.

Not a band but a song. I like "Every Time We Touch" by Cascada. The chorus may be identical to the riff, but I have a total softspot for cheesy dance music. And this fills the quota.

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

After reading this whole thread, and seeing a whole list of bands that I like that others don't, and then there still being a bunch that I like that havent been listed yet... will see throw them into the list.

36 Crazyfists, Aha, Alphaville, Arch Enemy, Autopilot Off, Blindside, Cake, Deadsy, Dragonland, Dry Cell, Edgewater, Frou Frou, Greenwheel, Imogen Heap, InMe, Jem, Journey :shifty:, Katatonia, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Mew, Nada Surf, Nightwish, Ours, Pitchshifter, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revis, Rooney, Shark Attack, Starsailor, Submersed, Sun Kil Moon, The Shins, The Silver Jews, Therion, Type O Negative, Trustcompany, We are Scientists...

Actually looking at it, the list is way longer then I thought, there is more, but those are the ones I listen to on a constant basis.

36 Crazyfists, Aha, Alphaville, Arch Enemy, Autopilot Off, Blindside, Cake, Deadsy, Dragonland, Dry Cell, Edgewater, Frou Frou, Greenwheel, Imogen Heap, InMe, Jem, Journey :shifty:, Katatonia, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Mew, Nada Surf, Nightwish, Ours, Pitchshifter, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revis, Rooney, Shark Attack, Starsailor, Submersed, Sun Kil Moon, The Shins, The Silver Jews, Therion, Type O Negative, Trustcompany, We are Scientist...

Bolded the ones I listen to, but taking away most of the ones TSSB bolded (as yeah, most people seem to give them love to some extent), Starsailor and Katatonia it is (although Katatonia was also mentioned by damshow)

Edited by liamwannabe

Er...

Opeth

Dream Theatre

Suicidal Tendencies

Incubus (until Morning View, they were a great funk/rock/metal band)

JME (and Skepta/Boy Better Know as well)

Poison the Well

David Banner (a guilty pleasure)

Mos Def

Post-Run Come Save Me Roots Manuva

Suicidal Tendencies rock. Their self titled album is one of the greatest hardcore punk albums of all time. Then when they changed line ups they had a funky metal sort of sound going, very fucking rocking stuff. They seem to have the market corner on rocking wether it's funk, metal, or punk.

I know for a FACT that one of my favorites absolutely NO ONE AT ALL likes, GUARENTEED!

I loves me some Crazy Town. Not that stupid "Butterfly" song, tho I did like the 'extreme remix' they put out, but the rest of their first album is pretty good, and their second album "Darkhorse" is mindblowing...I actually had some people listen to it without saying who it was and got some "not bad" or "it's pretty good" remarks, until I told them who it was. "Oh, that 'Butterfly' band, I don't like them"...lousy people.

OTHER than them, here's my list of bands I like that I don't hear too many people mention:

12 Stones, American HIFI, Adema, Authority Zero, Hot Hot Heat, MEST, Powerman 5000, Smile Empty Soul, Sugarcult, SR71, Switched, The Distillers, Trapt, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Atomship, Crossfade, Kasabian, Millencolin, Ra, Senses Fail, Straylight Run, Submersed, the Arcade Fire, the Prom Kings, Thrice, VAUX, and Zox.

Also, there's 30 Seconds to Mars, but it seems everyone is getting into them now...

Edited by B-Rad

To echo what Aaron Maiden said on page 1.

I too used to have an obsession for 12 Stones, but the lack of interest from anyone turned me away from them in the end. However, yesterday a few friends brought them up for no reason (they were mistaken for Stone Sour) and I showed my best friend 'The Way I Feel' and he's started listening to them regularly.

A new phase of obsession might be due.

But I do think that you have to have friends that like bands to not get sick of them. When you really really love a band, you want to play them constantly, talk about them to everyone, and stuff, and it doesn't work when no one else has heard, nor cares for them.

In conclusion, 12 Stones > *.

36 Crazyfists, Aha, Alphaville, Arch Enemy, Autopilot Off, Blindside, Cake, Deadsy, Dragonland, Dry Cell, Edgewater, Frou Frou, Greenwheel, Imogen Heap, InMe, Jem, Journey :shifty:, Katatonia, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Mew, Nada Surf, Nightwish, Ours, Pitchshifter, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revis, Rooney, Shark Attack, Starsailor, Submersed, Sun Kil Moon, The Shins, The Silver Jews, Therion, Type O Negative, Trustcompany, We are Scientists...

All of those (bolded) get massive acclaim and love off either various people from the board, various people I know, or in some cases are just taken as a given for being popular - eg, W.A.S. . So I'm not sure where they come from =/

I know for a FACT that one of my favorites absolutely NO ONE AT ALL likes, GUARENTEED!

I loves me some Crazy Town. Not that stupid "Butterfly" song, tho I did like the 'extreme remix' they put out, but the rest of their first album is pretty good, and their second album "Darkhorse" is mindblowing...I actually had some people listen to it without saying who it was and got some "not bad" or "it's pretty good" remarks, until I told them who it was. "Oh, that 'Butterfly' band, I don't like them"...lousy people.

OTHER than them, here's my list of bands I like that I don't hear too many people mention:

12 Stones, American HIFI, Adema, Authority Zero, Hot Hot Heat, MEST, Powerman 5000, Smile Empty Soul, Sugarcult, SR71, Switched, The Distillers, Trapt, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Atomship, Crossfade, Kasabian, Millencolin, Ra, Senses Fail, Straylight Run, Submersed, the Arcade Fire, the Prom Kings, Thrice, VAUX, and Zox.

Also, there's 30 Seconds to Mars, but it seems everyone is getting into them now...