A Town Called Eureka

probablyoliver

So this premiered on SkyOne last night in the UK, and after seeing the previews it looked like it could be quite a nice little show - my expectations weren't that high (when a long running drama show like that doesn't make it onto one of the regular networks, they never seem to be as good), but it was actually not too bad. Some nice little jokes, great effects and a pretty good storyline. It was nothing mind-blowing, but it was definitely above average.

Anyone else catch it? There are replays this weekend I think (at least there normally are with things like this), and I'd recommend anyone who's into dramas like it (I'd say it's closest to Desperate Housewives, only with science) to catch the repeats. The pilot was around 90-100 minutes, a little longer than I expected, but it's normally in a regular hour long spot starting next Wednesday.

I'm assuming it's already had it's run in the US, so if anyone who's seen it from across the pond wants to throw in some spoiler-less opinions, that'd be cool.

I'm not exactly understanding the Desperate Housewives comparison, but damn this show is neat. I really enjoy it, and the episodes that follow are still good fun. (We've had about three in the states)

I watched and thought it was pretty decent. The only thing that irked me was the portrayal of the females. I didn't find any of them particularly likeable apart from the daughter, but even then she was too sterotyped if you know what I'm saying. The production values were excellent considering it's a show from Sci Fi. Stargate & Battlestar are among my favourite programs but they went above and beyond them with the look for this show. It looked like something you'd expect from ABC or NBC.

I think it's scheduled for 8 or so episodes is it? Hopefully it gets more commissioned as I believe it's now Sci Fi's highest rated show as it has some potential for some good stories.

Also it's the perfect lead in to The 4400 which starts again next week.

Edited by The LBTN

I watched and thought it was pretty decent. The only thing that irked me was the portrayal of the females. I didn't find any of them particularly likeable apart from the daughter, but even then she was too sterotyped if you know what I'm saying. The production values were excellent considering it's a show from Sci Fi. Stargate & Battlestar are among my favourite programs but they went above and beyond them with the look for this show. It looked like something you'd expect from ABC or NBC.

I think it's scheduled for 8 or so episodes is it? Hopefully it gets more commissioned as I believe it's now Sci Fi's highest rated show as it has some potential for some good stories.

The 4400 hasn't started again for you poor folks? God damn that show is great.

The 4400 hasn't started again for you poor folks? God damn that show is great.

I was going to watch it, but I forgot.

I don't really watch much TV anymore. Not since the bunch of fags at Fox cancelled Firefly (after refusing to air the pilot, airing the first few episodes in the wrong order, not advertising it, pre-empting it with Baseball, and then wondering why "nobody watched it" even though more people watched that than Buffy OR Angel). I've given up :P

its a wondefull show I make sure to catch it every tuesday night in case I don't I always record it. This weeks episode should be really good.

Speaking of SciFi I love that they've started showing Dead Like ME