Sony's counter-attack.

Nerf

So basically, you're saying that if I want to still play my PS1/PS2 games on a PS3, I shall have to shell out extra money just to do this, as opposed to just keeping a PS2, which has backwards compatibilty with PS1 anyways?

I dislike the PS3 even more now.

You could always, you know, wiait for its price to drop. Just throwing an idea out there.

Let me start by saying that patience is, indeed, a virtue on these things.

However, unless the system completely bottoms out and sells far below company expectations, don't expect a price drop on Sony's system for at least two years after launch (placing that estimate at approximately holiday season 2008.)

Quite a bit of time to wait.

Wouldn't MGS eventally come out on X-Box 360 anyways? I mean they released Substance on the X-Box, whats to stop them from eventually releasing MGS4?

MGS3 never came out for the XBox, so I'm doubtful 4 will.

As for FFXIII, been there, done that... thirteen times. Ever since the series peaked with VI, it seems Square is perfectly comfortable in making the Final Fantasy franchise style over substance. VI was amazing, VII was great, VIII was okay, IX was the best since VI, X was mediocre, XI was, well XI, and XII doesn't look all that promising. I'm just one guy though, so okay, the PS3 has MGS4 and FFXIII. Doesn't really change the landscape all that much, especially since neither one will be available within the first year of the system being on the shelves. So again, how does one justify a $600 purchase without just having blind faith in Sony? I'm not one to get into console war bullshit, but Microsoft has really turned it around and the PS3 just seems like far too risky of a venture.