Stephen King novels

Rashid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NERDDDDDDDDDD, and since I got them as a Christmas gift and haven't read them yet. How are Talisman and Black House? Which are the ones he wrote with Straub.

I don't say this often...but goddamn. Straub is HORRIBLE. He attempts to bludgeon you with details (worse than Faulkner, in my opinion) that take forever to tidy up, if he even bothers to put them together.

I've read through "Black House" twice in the hopes that I would catch something I missed, but I would pretty much lose interest in the first chapter.

And if you ever get a chance to watch Storm Of The Century, do so. Absolutely King at his best.

No. Absolutely not. Storm of the Century was four and a half hours of dull, unmitigated garbage. I was so hyped to watch it before it aired, and it ended as the biggest crapfest I could have possibly imagined. My friends and I still refer to Storm of the Century as "five hours of my life I'll never get back".

Guest Koupa Troopa

NERDDDDDDDDDD, and since I got them as a Christmas gift and haven't read them yet. How are Talisman and Black House? Which are the ones he wrote with Straub.

I don't say this often...but goddamn. Straub is HORRIBLE. He attempts to bludgeon you with details (worse than Faulkner, in my opinion) that take forever to tidy up, if he even bothers to put them together.

I've read through "Black House" twice in the hopes that I would catch something I missed, but I would pretty much lose interest in the first chapter.

I like Straub.. I like his detective novel. I can't remember the name of it. Blue Rose, I think. It was a good read.

I would definately suggest the books everyone has suggested thus far, especially IT and The Stand, two of my favorite Stepen King novels. I almost forgot that it was Stephen King who wrote Eye of the Dragon, I remember reading that in 7th grade and was very intrigued by all of it.

One book I don't think that has been suggested was Hearts in Atlantis. One of my favorite non-horror books as it ties a lot of interesting series and stories together. I loved the ending, and only wish they didn't make the movie. It was decent for sure, but the fact that they only touch up on the first part of the book and leave out some of the brutal scenes in the book makes it less than stellar when compared to the book.