Stephen King novels

Rashid

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got an idea of what Stephen King books I should read. In the future I'll look into finding Dark Tower series and IT.

And I found Hostel to be a poor movie. Like Hills Have Eyes, it was a complete gorefest. There was nothing scary. The first 45 minutes of the movie were boring as shit. The story itself was lame and generic.

...Cabin Fever was laughable bad. It was just stupid. The characters were the worst.

And sorry for going off topic.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my list of personal favorite King books.

- The Long Walk

- It

- Cujo

- Christine

- The Green Mile

- Tommyknockers

If you're into really fucked up stuff, then the Long Walk is definetly the book for you. (Y)

The Long Walk is very entertaining. One of my favourite Stephen King books, alongside The Running Man, The Regulators, The Stand, It and Cell. All classic books. Also if you like Stephen King, I would suggest Richard Laymon as an author you would like. I've read, Island and One Rainy Night, and in my opinion they surpass Kings books.

Just my opinion though.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got an idea of what Stephen King books I should read. In the future I'll look into finding Dark Tower series and IT.

Also, ignore Gerald's Game and Dreamcatcher. There's distinctly good Stephen King, and distinctly bad. Those two books are decisively the latter.

Also, pick up Misery. Probably the most genuinely scary novel Stephen King's ever written.

Guest Koupa Troopa

And I found Hostel to be a poor movie. Like Hills Have Eyes, it was a complete gorefest. There was nothing scary. The first 45 minutes of the movie were boring as shit. The story itself was lame and generic.

...Cabin Fever was laughable bad. It was just stupid. The characters were the worst.

And sorry for going off topic.

Gerald's Game gets so boring halfway through it's not even funny. Not recommended. Luckily the library has practically every King book available so finding them isn't too hard. Finishing them in three weeks is the problem.

The Bachman Books are pretty good too, I recommend The Long Walk, The Running Man and Thinner.

There's not too much to add here, so allow me to simply tell you my personal all time favorite King books:

The Stand

It

Insomnia

Salem's Lot

Pet Sematary

Firestarter

Dark Tower series

Eye Of Ther Dragon

Misery

I have read Salem's Lot and Pet Sematary multiple times each, and love them both to death. Ditto many of the books in the DT series, although I have yet to actually finish the series as a whole.

My all time least favorite King books are:

Gerald's Game (It bores about halfway through, as said above, and never recovers)

Christine (This book is a fucking mess. The horrid John Carpenter film is actually better)

Cujo (I might hate this book more than any other book ever. The film is not any better. However, I know many who love it to death, but it bored me to tears)

The Tommyknockers (King loves stories where a town gets decimated, but other than Salem's Lot he has failed most times to make it an interesting read)

Needful Things (Not nearly as bad as the others, but see above)

Honorable mentions:

Dead Zone (Read this thing in a twelve hour sitting, completely engrossed, but it is quite dated)

The Shining (The book kills both the completely bad movie and the hokey as fuck mini series, and it is a classic, but if you expect anything resembling the film, be warned this is not that movie)

And if you ever get a chance to watch Storm Of The Century, do so. Absolutely King at his best.