Mastodon

livid

Okay, so I know a couple people on the board have already gotten the album, but I was wondering if anybody else had gotten the leak and what they thought of it.

If you couldn't tell, they're one of my music darlings right now and their album is going to be, hands down, IMO, the best of the year, which is saying alot knowing my fanboy obsessions with both Lamb of God and Unearth who both released/are releasing an album this month.

So anybody else love the album?

Not heard the album, but I've pimped Mastodon from the early-ish days and I know they won't dissapoint me.

They are one of those bands that I don't mind getting touted as "the best" or "the future", because I legitimately think that they are or could be.

Album of the year.

This is actually the first CD I've listened to by Mastodon, and it has blown me away unlike almost any band I've heard before. Unless some unknown band really brings something amazing to the table I think Blood Mountain will reign supreme as far as the top Metal CD of the year.

"acquiring" this album as we speak

I remember seeing Brann Dailor and Bill Kelleher with Today is the Day back in like 98-99...and then Mastodon was formed (or rather, reborn) with Brent. I have seen Mastodon like 6 times here in Richmond and every time is fucking amazing.

I can't wait to see them in Baltimore with Converge and The Bronx in September...

and I also can't wait to get home and rock out to the new awesomeness

and how cool is the name "Blood Mountain"

-

"There's magic in the water that attracts all men"

"acquiring" this album as we speak

I remember seeing Brann Dailor and Bill Kelleher with Today is the Day back in like 98-99...and then Mastodon was formed (or rather, reborn) with Brent. I have seen Mastodon like 6 times here in Richmond and every time is fucking amazing.

I can't wait to see them in Baltimore with Converge and The Bronx in September...

and I also can't wait to get home and rock out to the new awesomeness

and how cool is the name "Blood Mountain"

-

"There's magic in the water that attracts all men"

I was going to the Baltimore show, but I'll be at school and thus can't make it. I love Converge. And Mastodon just kicks everyone's ass.